Benzene 91

onnut

the last few weeks I have noticed 3 gas stations stop selling benzene 91, all three of them are on the upper Sukhumvit road Bangkok around On Nut area. is the government stopping the supply of this or what is happening? :o

also would E20 be much different. I really do not want to change because I am worried it might not be too good for the car engine. :D

any feed back would be welcome, thank you.

Edited by onnut

the last few weeks I have noticed 3 gas stations stop selling benzene 91, all three of them are on the upper Sukhumvit road Bangkok around On Nut area. is the government stopping the supply of this or what is happening? :o

also would E20 be much different. I really do not want to change because I am worried it might not be too good for the car engine. :D

any feed back would be welcome, thank you.

I could imagine that some high ranking goverment officials have some shares in the gasohol business. This is only my idea. I'm not sure.

in Bangkok it is going fast, My car is made to run on E20 as well, but I just am not happy using something that I know nothing about.

If your car will run on 91 octane then 91 gasohol will be fine. I doubt you will notice any difference. If your car requires 95 octane it will do fine on E20. The 95 octane engines have higher compression and E 20 works great. If the car doesn't need 95 octane, your fuel economy will suffer from the E20 and you will be further ahead using 91 octane gasohol.

in Bangkok it is going fast, My car is made to run on E20 as well, but I just am not happy using something that I know nothing about.

If your car will run on 91 octane then 91 gasohol will be fine. I doubt you will notice any difference. If your car requires 95 octane it will do fine on E20. The 95 octane engines have higher compression and E 20 works great. If the car doesn't need 95 octane, your fuel economy will suffer from the E20 and you will be further ahead using 91 octane gasohol.

You CANNOT use E20 unless the engine was designed for that fuel.

I think 100% 91 and 95 is to be phased out entirely soon and replaced with gasohol or 10% ethanol 90% petroleum.

Gasohol is really E10 or 10%. The calculation is this.

100% x .9 = 90, We assume benzene has 100% potential

50% x .1 = 5, ethanol is only 50% as much power and btu per liter compared to petroleum.

total is 95% energy for E10. So in conculsion if gasohol is atleast 5% cheaper than regular 91 or 95 go for it. However it is only 95% as efficient. Depending on the car some will experience differently. You will either see 5% less mileage or 5% less power. I have two cars that experienced it differently. One lost 5% mileage while my other gained mileage but lost power. I don't know why. Must be some sort of engine tuning difference.

E20 is a joke. It is only 0.50 ssatang cheaper than 91 gasohol. Not worth it.

There is a Cal Tex - I think - opposite that Bangkok Bank on Onnut that sell every gasoline in Thailand.

Gary. All 3 of his cars are brand new - they could run on E85.

No 95? No 91? I ain't buying it.

Avoid PTT & all the stupid local outfits like Green Leaf etc. Use Shell CalTax & the other multinationals & you will be fine.

Edited by dotcom

• 2 years later...

Gasohol ok 91 on green background.

A Wilki notation :-

E10, sometimes called gasohol, is a fuel mixture of 10% anhydrous ethanol and 90% gasoline that can be used in the internal combustion engines of most modern automobiles and light-duty vehicles without need for any modification on the engine or fuel system.

Edited by Kwasaki