Desperate House Wives

mcp

There are a few long established places that are referred to by this name by some members of the expat community in Chiang Mai.

They are places of ill-repute and not recommended for the frail, weak and particularly those easily offended by raunchy behaviour. Most of the hostesses in these dispicable places are making a few extra baht to pay for the groceries and school fees for the kids.

I personally have never visited any of these establishments over the past 25 years and am only repeating what I have been told by friends. If you want to know where they are PM me. I'll ask my friends for the addresses so as I can pass them on to you.

I personally have never visited any of these establishments over the past 25 years and am only repeating what I have been told by friends. If you want to know where they are PM me. I'll ask my friends for the addresses so as I can pass them on to you.

post-42103-1221474041.jpg

Most of the hostesses in these dispicable places are making a few extra baht to pay for the groceries and school fees for the kids.

In that case, should they be thought of as disparate?

I don't mean to be disputatious, but you would need a den of desperately disparate housewives before you found one dissipated enough to disrobe for Blinky's disquisition.

Most of the hostesses in these dispicable places are making a few extra baht to pay for the groceries and school fees for the kids.

In that case, should they be thought of as disparate?

I don't mean to be disputatious, but you would need a den of desperately disparate housewives before you found one dissipated enough to disrobe for Blinky's disquisition.

I speak for Blinky when I say, that is both dispicable and desturbing. :o

Got a few PM's from a few desperate individuals who are looking for the desperates demondaines establishments.

I had to trouble my friend to find the locations of these places. He sent me the attached Google Earth image giving the approximate locale. His memory is fading but he is sure the circled area is fairly close. Can anyone give a more accurate location?

post-24617-1221631315_thumb.jpg

Got a few PM's from a few desperate individuals who are looking for the desperates demondaines establishments.

I had to trouble my friend to find the locations of these places. He sent me the attached Google Earth image giving the approximate locale. His memory is fading but he is sure the circled area is fairly close. Can anyone give a more accurate location?

Looks like your pretty close Bill can't say I have been there but a friend tells me its also known as the chicken ranch, I like the desperate name better and more accurate as you definately gotta be desperate to go there. :o

Anyoner remember the Late Alistaire from Scotland?

Prior to passing away he was the Honorary President and Mayor of these establishments, he knew and was known by all the staff by name and no doubt sampled the wares of all and sundry over the years.

He was actually called "Pum Pui". :o

Are you protecting the guilty? Reading between the lines, my hunch is they were looking for nothing other than demimondaine establishments. :o

Are you protecting the guilty? Reading between the lines, my hunch is they were looking for nothing other than demimondaine establishments. :D

Demimondaine is a noun not a verb.

Yes it is a noun....and used quite correctly in this context.(a woman whose sexual promiscuity places her outside respectable society)

All I can say is...I'm glad you don't teach my children :o

Edited by Maejo Man

Are you protecting the guilty? Reading between the lines, my hunch is they were looking for nothing other than demimondaine establishments. :o

The word 'demimondaine' is both a noun and an adjective. You are correct in observing that it is not a verb, but not to the point, since the word is being used as an adjective in the sentence in question. Specifically, it is being used in the adjectival sense, as reported in my dictionary, of 'of or pertaining to the demimonde'.

Well thank goodness nobody used it as a verb.

I think Blinky meant to say " desperate demimondaines' establishments" but possibly mistyped due to his normal state of tumescence when recollecting his boyhood experiences at the Housewives' Club.

Edited by Boksida

Well thank goodness nobody used it as a verb.

I think Blinky meant to say " desperate demimondaines' establishments" but possibly mistyped due to his normal state of tumescence when recollecting his boyhood experiences at the Housewives' Club.

Yes Boksida, you are correct.

I was there when I was born. At the time I was born I was a very young child. Now it's all just a very vague memory.

Allah, my eyes are full of tears. What ever happened to my mother, not to mention my father. The truth must be revealed. Please help me.