Non Immigrantvisa O

I just received a non immigrant visa type O which I apply for at Royal Thai consulate in Amsterdam. I got it because I am over 50 years. I have to utilised it before december 12th 2008. I will arrive in Thailand on oct 23th 2008. Then the 90 days of my permitted stay start so I can stay until januari 19th 2009.

Is it true that I can apply for extension of stay for another 90 days 30 days before authorised stay??

In my pasport is a big stamp which shows the periode in which I am permitted fro 1 journey to Thailand Below that big stamp is another stamp with the words in english and dutch: No extension of stay.

So i am a bit confused. Please help..Thank you

Yes, the stamp “No extension of stay” is indeed confusing, and it is wrong. Your are allowed to apply for an extension of stay for retirement just like anybody else who is over 50 and meets the financial requirements stipulated in paragraph 7.21 of the Royal Thai Police order No. 606/2549:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/redirect.php...%2Frtp606EN.pdf

--

Maestro

Yes, the stamp "No extension of stay" is indeed confusing, and it is wrong. Your are allowed to apply for an extension of stay for retirement just like anybody else who is over 50 and meets the financial requirements stipulated in paragraph 7.21 of the Royal Thai Police order No. 606/2549:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/redirect.php...%2Frtp606EN.pdf

--

Maestro

Thank you Maestro for informing me.Do you mean by the financial requirements the requirement of an application of a so called retirement visa?? I know that you have to have a deposit in a Thai bank of 800000 bath.And have to be older than 55 years. It should be there at least 3 months on the moment you apply for a retirement visa . my plan is to open indeed an account in a thaibank and deposit the 800000 bath. But my non immigrant O visa is only valu for a stay of 90 days. Suppose I oen the bankaccount on my arrival day and then transfer money to that new account...It will at least take a few days , so when I apply fro the retirement visa , it will not been in deposit for 90 days.Therefore I want to applicate for an extension of stay according to my Non immigrant visa O for another 90 days and during that time applicate for the non immigrant visa...The money will than be over 90 days in the Thai bank deposit.

[/size] Thank you Maestro for informing me.Do you mean by the financial requirements the requirement of an application of a so called retirement visa?? I know that you have to have a deposit in a Thai bank of 800000 bath.And have to be older than 55 years. It should be there at least 3 months on the moment you apply for a retirement visa . my plan is to open indeed an account in a thaibank and deposit the 800000 bath. But my non immigrant O visa is only valu for a stay of 90 days. Suppose I oen the bankaccount on my arrival day and then transfer money to that new account...It will at least take a few days , so when I apply fro the retirement visa , it will not been in deposit for 90 days.Therefore I want to applicate for an extension of stay according to my Non immigrant visa O for another 90 days and during that time applicate for the non immigrant visa...The money will than be over 90 days in the Thai bank deposit.

It is 50 years.

As for the 3 months money in the bank. Each Immigration office is different. Have a chat with them. They will tell you if they will accept it or not.

If not you can easily exit and get another Visa or you can even do it on a 30 entry stamp.

[/size] Thank you Maestro for informing me.Do you mean by the financial requirements the requirement of an application of a so called retirement visa?? I know that you have to have a deposit in a Thai bank of 800000 bath.And have to be older than 55 years. It should be there at least 3 months on the moment you apply for a retirement visa . my plan is to open indeed an account in a thaibank and deposit the 800000 bath. But my non immigrant O visa is only valu for a stay of 90 days. Suppose I oen the bankaccount on my arrival day and then transfer money to that new account...It will at least take a few days , so when I apply fro the retirement visa , it will not been in deposit for 90 days.Therefore I want to applicate for an extension of stay according to my Non immigrant visa O for another 90 days and during that time applicate for the non immigrant visa...The money will than be over 90 days in the Thai bank deposit.

It is 50 years.

As for the 3 months money in the bank. Each Immigration office is different. Have a chat with them. They will tell you if they will accept it or not.

If not you can easily exit and get another Visa or you can even do it on a 30 entry stamp.

You can always take a hop across the border for a 30-day stamp, to be certain that your money is in the account for 3+ months.

However, it is 800,000 baht in an account for 3 months or an income per month, or a combination of the 2

If you choose the income route, make a visit in the Netherlands for a certified income declaration, visit the Thai embassy website for the right route to go, or take the income declaration to the Dutch embassy, get the letter from the embassy, and off you go to the Immigration Office.

Take care that your 30-day stamp or your O-visa or your extension of stay is still valid for at least 21 days!

Succes gewenst!

For the income route he needs to show a paper from the Dutch embassy in Bangkok c\stating his income.

Only on a visa exempt entry does he have to apply with at least 21 days left on his permisson to stay stamp. If he can extend on his O-visa he can do so till the last day of his permission to stay.