2009 Hilton Pattaya Opening!

junki3korean

Another empty shopping mall? :o

And you are fogetting that in two year or less, The Montien Hotel's lease expires and MBK Bangkok are planning an MBK Pattaya on the site. That too will be a shopping mall (BKK is 6-8 floors high) and a hotel on top.

Amusing point; Pattaya Hilton is being built next to Pattaya Police Station. Maybe it could be converted into a high class version of the "Bangkok Hilton" :D:D:D

On the "Towers", I read a Hilton Press Release somewhere on-line that the Hilton would have reception on floor 6 and the rooms on level 7 to 16, so not another 27 storey building. It is already up several floors and looks better than View Talay already :D

It will be many months yet before anything is likely to be open there though .

A branch of True Fitness is scheduled to be opened on January 16th 2009.

W.r.t. the shopping mall I hope that it will be more busy than in Avenue (almost at the other side of Second Road). Here it's sometimes very quiet and still not all available space has been rented out. Also a few shops have closed already.

Another empty shopping mall? :D

Pattaya does not have acceptable shopping facilities imho.

Most of the stuff sold in Mike's is crap. I usually go to BKK when doing shopping for clothes. As I am not on a permanent vacation I need some decent stuff for the work. Very hard to find here though. So the new shopping is welcomed, but I am not sure, which shops / chains will move in. Central's around Thailand usually host the same chains, stores as everywhere :o

For sure we can expect the whole Thai food machinery like Chesters, Mc Do, KFC, Black Canyon etc. etc.

Definitely billed as completion beginning 2009.

The grand opening of the shopping mall is scheduled for January 2009 according to CPN Next Magazine. No mention of when the hotel will be opening though.

This Link has lots of pictures and info:-

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=365601&page=80

Can't imagine it being ready untill at least the end of 2009, irrelavant of what the billboard says.

What baffles me is how are they going to construct these 29 storey Hilton Twin Towers on top of the mall while the mall is open to the public?

Will they be issuing hard hats to all shoppers on arrival! :o

Normal fast-track high-rises put the podium (shopping mall) at a premium, and while that is being fitted out the tower(s) continue at about a floor per week - thus the shell of the high rise is complete when the mall opens.

Then, from another access, the fitting out of the high rise coninues at the rate of about three weeks per floor - depending on the resources used. If the upper floors are needed urgently, then more resources can bring this down, but not by very much. These days the service engineering is by far the greater cost of such a building.

How are they sorting the parking?

How are they sorting the water in and out?

Central Bang Na is far better than anything in Pattaya, so I am looking forward to the opening.

But do we really need the Hilton? Even Paris Hilton would not be noticed in Pattaya.

I read in the papers several months ago that the power requirement for Central Festival Pattaya Beach will be so high that they are having to put in an UNDERGROUND power cable and that meant digging up the length of Pattaya Klang to install it.

Not seen that done yet or even started.........

I read in the papers several months ago that the power requirement for Central Festival Pattaya Beach will be so high that they are having to put in an UNDERGROUND power cable and that meant digging up the length of Pattaya Klang to install it.

Not seen that done yet or even started.........

If the place is that big it may be worth exploring the possibility of generating their own power - but still they'd need to run in the fuel (gas or oil) or maybe have a very big wind-turbine.

I would expect the incoming feeder to be high voltage, with a sub-station / step-down transformers and switch-gear. I'm not an electrical engineer, but have laid a few thouand kilometres of cable and you don't run domestic stuff very far - it creates a lot of heat and loses a lot of energy.

Edited by Humphrey Bear

• 2 months later...
On their web site it says; Project finish time June 2009

I'm pretty sure that it used to say January 2009, but I could be wrong. Anyway June sounds more realistic after seeing progress recently.

Source: Central Festival Pattaya

yeah the banners outside used to say beginning 2009....oh well what do you expect :o

Thanks guys

My understanding is that the shopping centre will open in January 2009. Then construction of the hotel will continue and should be finished by the end of 2009.

I was told that 90% of retail space was let by the end of October ie 3 months before the scheduled opening