Retirement Extension

I got my retirement extentson in January soi Suan Phlu, Bangkok based on +65K monthly income certified letter delivered by consulate the previous day.

I went to the nearest Immigration office (Nong Khai 200kms return) to do a 90 days reporting and asked if I NEEDED to do my next years extension with them next year. To which they replied "you MAY" do your extension here, but need ORIGINAL of income certificate.

I thought I read here you MUST go to the nearest immigration office now?

So if I NEED to do it at Nong Khai I will need to travel to Bangkok first to get a new original certificate of income, that might take two days. Now if each year Nong Khai wants an original I will be screwed each year to go both to Bangkok and Nong Khai! :D

On the ohter hand, Soi Suan Phlu has the 2008 original of my income certificate, going there with this years copy early 2009 would save me the trip to Nong Khai (I tought they do accept copies for some years?), but stil require me to travel to Bangkok :o

Any one still getting retirement extension at Soi Suan Phlu living in the provinces?

The original income letter is kept by Immigration with each extension renewal. You will need an original(new letter) every time you extend using the income letter method. I think they started this a year or so ago.

One of the senior experts correct me if I speak incorrectly here.

I got my retirement extentson in January soi Suan Phlu, Bangkok based on +65K monthly income certified letter delivered by consulate the previous day.

I went to the nearest Immigration office (Nong Khai 200kms return) to do a 90 days reporting and asked if I NEEDED to do my next years extension with them next year. To which they replied "you MAY" do your extension here, but need ORIGINAL of income certificate.

I thought I read here you MUST go to the nearest immigration office now?

So if I NEED to do it at Nong Khai I will need to travel to Bangkok first to get a new original certificate of income, that might take two days. Now if each year Nong Khai wants an original I will be screwed each year to go both to Bangkok and Nong Khai! :D

On the ohter hand, Soi Suan Phlu has the 2008 original of my income certificate, going there with this years copy early 2009 would save me the trip to Nong Khai (I tought they do accept copies for some years?), but stil require me to travel to Bangkok :o

Any one still getting retirement extension at Soi Suan Phlu living in the provinces?

Immigration now wants and keep the original of the income letter. A new one is required each year for the new extension

It seems that the trend is to ask you to go to your nearest immigration office but it seems it is not (yet) a must

UK Embassy will mail the letter to you