Mafia Police

jamesthefirst

The word Mafia most be the most abused/misused word on TV.

The local Mafia. The Mafia in the neigbourhodd. The taxi mafia, etc, etc.

Mafia mafia mafia.

My God folks! Would you please stop with this!

How many mafia organizations are there here?

Most of you guys keep calling anyone more than one person that work together for mafia.

isn't the word 'mafia' really just a catch-all for any group of people involved in some type of organized crime? in which case there really is a lot of mafia in thailand!!! but that's different from 'The Mafia' aka Godfather etc.

don't be silly people . theres not such thing as the Mafia

Japanese (yakuza) Chinese and descents (triads) Koreans (jopo) Thailand police (wanke_rs)

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, where the mafia are involved, I suppose one has to pay.. After all, to be fair, my wife was the one who chose to be the guarantor, so I suppose it's her/my job to come up with the money. But knowing that they are also the police, this whole affair seems just not right to me!

No, it's her job to pay. She is in the mess, not you. Just try hanging tough for one moment and ask her 'How she proposes to pay this money' and see what reaction you get. That will tell you a lot more about the situation imo.

JJ.

Did you grow up in a Soi?

Well, then get street smart!

One lesson, don't read TV advises!!!!

good advice. I grew up in a few sois.. haha

and this is going to blow your mind (the mafia own the police) tripping isn't it…

Well educated people all know you should deal with mafia,

not police

mayby army

But tell me???

Who owns the mafia???

Blows my mind,

No big trip, I live with those facts every day.

and this is going to blow your mind (the mafia own the police) tripping isn't it…

not police

mayby army

But tell me???

Who owns the mafia???

Blows my mind,

who owns something that doesn’t really easiest..

not police

mayby army

But tell me???

Who owns the mafia???

Blows my mind,

who owns something that doesn't really easiest..

Sorry I don't understand??

Nothing is easy in life!!!

Now, hand me......................

some tissues.

I hate red eyes...

life is easy, it’s the hope that will kill you.

The word Mafia most be the most abused/misused word on TV.

The local Mafia. The Mafia in the neigbourhodd. The taxi mafia, etc, etc.

Mafia mafia mafia.

My God folks! Would you please stop with this!

How many mafia organizations are there here?

Most of you guys keep calling anyone more than one person that work together for mafia.

Hmmm, let me see.... yes, China must be the country with most Mafias then.

Right?

Ooops, I guess the TV Mafia will come after me now.

:D

Well said. :o

My neighbours daughter borrowed 300K, which she could not repay, she was told to come up with the money or she is dead.

Her family had to borrow the money from the Bank of Agriculture and Agricultural Cooperatives using their land as collateral to save her neck.

I see a lot of family feuds over money around here.

This happened a year ago why have they taken this long to come to your wife? There is only 2 things you can do (1) pay up. (2) pack up and do a runner just like your wife's friend did :o as your wife did not borrow the money her friend did. If they really want there money then they will go after your wife's friend not you & your wife.

Regards

Scotsman

u got to be kidding.

the foolish wife has a farang husband who is willing to pay, THEY GO AFTER HIM!

this guys might as well hoof it to europe , if thai polit find out he went to his embassy he may find himself sleeping with thai fishes!

guys thai women in rural see you as atms, why dont u guys want to believe?

This happened a year ago why have they taken this long to come to your wife? There is only 2 things you can do (1) pay up. (2) pack up and do a runner just like your wife's friend did :o as your wife did not borrow the money her friend did. If they really want there money then they will go after your wife's friend not you & your wife.

Regards

Scotsman

u got to be kidding.

this guys might as well hoof it to europe , if thai polit find out he went to his embassy he may find himself sleeping with thai fishes!

Must be nice living in a simple black and white world. No brainpower required eh?

Thanks for taking the time to read my article and replying to it, [flames deleted]

I did not post this topic seeking any advice, as one person did suggest. If you read my original post, I did not ask for advice. I simply posted it to do my bit (small as it may be) to alert people across the world to know how corrupt a country Thailand is, through the good old world wide web. Maybe if more and more people made that small bit of effort, then a change for the better may be inevitable, instead of everybody just living with the system and complaining to themselves.

I have investigated this matter fully through a lawyer friend (for free) and found that everything is what it has been reported to have been. I have no doubts whatsoever as to the sincerity of my wife, thank you very much.

To all of those people who stereotype ALL Thai girls as being schemers and connivers to their foreign boyfriends and husbands, then MY advice to YOU is to get back to where you came from pronto, marry an English/American/Australian woman, or whatever, and live out the rest of your sad, paranoid lives in comfort.

Thanks for taking the time to read my article and replying to it, [flames deleted]

I did not post this topic seeking any advice, as one person did suggest. If you read my original post, I did not ask for advice. I simply posted it to do my bit (small as it may be) to alert people across the world to know how corrupt a country Thailand is, through the good old world wide web. Maybe if more and more people made that small bit of effort, then a change for the better may be inevitable, instead of everybody just living with the system and complaining to themselves.

I have investigated this matter fully through a lawyer friend (for free) and found that everything is what it has been reported to have been. I have no doubts whatsoever as to the sincerity of my wife, thank you very much.

To all of those people who stereotype ALL Thai girls as being schemers and connivers to their foreign boyfriends and husbands, then MY advice to YOU is to get back to where you came from pronto, marry an English/American/Australian woman, or whatever, and live out the rest of your sad, paranoid lives in comfort.

You're absolutely right James, sadly your thread attracted too many usual suspects (read: post whores). I symphatise with your situation and hope everything turns out ok for you and your wife. Don't pay attention to these idiots who insult your wife's integrity, they're just a bunch of loosers with nothing to show for.

James dear boy, my replies were based not just on thai women but women from all over the world....

from my experience if the situation was reversed and you owed the 200k, you'd be on your own mate and you know that....good luck :D

p.s luca brasi....sleeps with the fishes :o

This happened a year ago why have they taken this long to come to your wife? There is only 2 things you can do (1) pay up. (2) pack up and do a runner just like your wife's friend did :D as your wife did not borrow the money her friend did. If they really want there money then they will go after your wife's friend not you & your wife.

Regards

Scotsman

u got to be kidding.

When I said they Should Run Away It should be to his country & don't come back to Thailand. Or they could just move to another country close to Thailand, Its not so easy to find the OP & his wife & it will be to costly for them to try, so they look for the person who actually borrowed the money Who is probably still in Thailand if the story is true :o If You want to be a ATM then you pay up that's up to The Op I have never been or ever will be a ATM to canny a Scot for that. :D

Regards

Scotsman

For the amount that was borrowed 200000 from your local B I B, is common practice for money lending but normally they will check your status to find out if there will be callateral in some form which the wife of the farang is acceptable especially if they have land , a car or other assets.

It's amazing to see how Thais use their freinds and family as guarantors and then do a runner without a conscience and the wife acually signing her name against such a high amount and expecting the boyfriend / husband to take the consequences from the local thugs normally controlled by high rankers in the protection game.

From what I can gather and what I know how these people work you will have to part with the money or your life will become hel_l , these people will do anything to get the money .

A good time to go back home and visit the family.

One of my @ss***e family member he used another brother who is officer as a guarantor in all cases what he did was ran away dont take any responsibility. So the officier took his land and pay off all debts he those 2ss***e makes.

Poor mom she still falls for him (he is son of my step father : too complicated)

He also scam on other Isan woman and calls her gf then took their properties and says he can make a large number of profit from it. (many fall for him so far)

What im trying to say is : even family member can be cheat on you dont trust them !!!