Can I Have 2 Work Permits?

"Can I get/have a wp for each job?"

If it's in the same province the Labor Office would normally just add an endorsement in the original WP.

The original employer would have to give their okay for that, plus all the paperwork would still be required from the second employer.

"No WP for part-time work"

Again, can you tell me where to look for this? If it's true, it should be written down somewhere. In the Labor Act, I'd think. My eyesight isn't good enough to make it worthwhile to try to find it in the Act without some direction about where to look.

Simple question:

1 job at a gov. school - f/t

1 job at a private school - almost f/t

Can I get/have a wp for each job?

Thanks

No, you can only have one work permit in one area; but with the agreement of both employers you can have two or more jobs in one work permit.

There is no mimimum on the number of hours you have to work for a WP. Directors, for example, need one to just sign company papers alone - how lomg does that take per week?

Edited by digitalchromakey

TerryLH

Went to the labor department in Din Daeng, BKK and asked them the minimum requirements for the WP............They told me you must work a minimum of 20 hours per week to qualify!!!!!

If you are still unsure........take a trip down there (just off of vipavadi Rangsit)..........I found them quite helpful (so unlike immigration)

Hope this is of help

Never put any faith in what you are told at the Labour Department at Din Daeng.

We have a foreigner interning with us who is on a student visa. They at the Labour Department said that he couldnt do that because he was a student. Our HR Department are not the most switched on when it comes to dealing with these clowns so i had to go down there myself to let them know of their own rules and regulations. Needless to say, that Intern now has a work permit!

Went to the labor department in Din Daeng, BKK and asked them the minimum requirements for the WP............They told me you must work a minimum of 20 hours per week to qualify!!!!!
And what regulation do they quote? It's certainly not written in the Working of Aliens Act 2521 Haven't seen it in the new version 2551 either.

And what regulation do they quote? It's certainly not written in the Working of Aliens Act 2521 Haven't seen it in the new version 2551 either.

Sorry digitalchromakey!!!!!! can't quote a regulation.........just reporting what i was told at the labor dept

TerryLH

So does this mean that if you work less than 20 hours you don't need a work permit, or does it mean that you cannot work unless you plan to work over 20 hours so you can qualify for the permit?

You can have as many work permits as you want............The catch is, you have to work more than 20 hours per week to qualify as full time work

No WP for part-time work

How do you manage two full time jobs???

It's easy (in theory) - Monday to Friday 8.00-3.30 ish at the old gov. high school.

then Monday - Thursday 5.00 - 8.00 & Saturday Sunday 8.30 - 5.00 at the private language centre.

It's a tough life, but not impossible to do.

I'm sure there are others who do the same thing.