Can I Own A Car In Thailand?

Zen

Hi

I have a Work Permit that expires every three months and I have to do my Visa Run before it expires.

Anyway, I was wondering if I have this kind of Work Permit, can I own a car in Thailand?

If I can own the car, I would probably not be able to get financing from the finance company, but if I pay cash in full, approximately how much discount can I get from the dealer? Btw I'm looking at Honda Jazz...

Surely you'll have to pay cash. But don't imagine it changes anything for the dealer. The dealer is always paid cash ! By you or by the bank. Besides, if you borrow money to the bank or financial company that works with the dealers, he gets a comission.

A tourist can buy a car in thailand ,dont expect much discount, and finance is not easy to obtain without a very good sized deposit ( on a work permit )

Technically you need to be on a non imm visa to purchase a vehicle.. Tho many offices will still put one in your name without one TiT, the rules dont matter so much.

I got my Car from Toyota in Sriracha, I got free insurance and a load of freebee's. In Pattaya they wouldnt give anything. I paid Cash and no discount for any new car just freebee's.

This was my experience also.

The company also drove me to the Mae Sai immigration office from Chiang Rai to do the paperwork. (Actually they did it twice, they stuffed it up the first time).

Hi

I have a Work Permit that expires every three months and I have to do my Visa Run before it expires.

Anyway, I was wondering if I have this kind of Work Permit, can I own a car in Thailand?

If I can own the car, I would probably not be able to get financing from the finance company, but if I pay cash in full, approximately how much discount can I get from the dealer? Btw I'm looking at Honda Jazz...

Yes

anyone can buy a car in Thailand and drive it. Make sure u get the new thai drivers licsnse that is good in all the neighboring countries as well.

From what i have heard no discounts on cash as they make money off of payments but freebies and getting loans you will need work permit or thai co-signer.