Hi, I Am Moving To Surin Beach Phuket

Devil

Hi all, I am moving to Surin beach Phuket soon and have a house rental lined up (not far from main hotels in front of the beach).

They have a TT&T phone line already in the house but today the TT&T office said they don't have ADSL in this area? strange considering other hotel nearby do have and phone line is TT&T.

Any suggestions?

I told them this then their next reply was ok you waiting???? no indication of time etc, they were really rude to the point we was left wondering did I do something wrong for even asking for a ADSL line.

Thanks for any help as I work a lot from my notebook and need ADSL form comfort of my home. I have enjoyed amazingly good service for 2 years on Samui Choengmon with TT&T (never any problems)

Do you go to the TT&T office yourself ? Did the staff speak good enough English, or you enough Thai ?

I have never had any trouble with TT&T ADSL hook-up, although my wife does all the talking. Just last week we applied for ADSL service on an existing TT&T line (Karon office). Service was on 2 days later, they even SMSed my mobile phone to let me know it was working.

We have never had to pay any tea money (not even asked) from either TOT or TT&T for any of our phone lines (and we have 30 lines) or for ADSL service (and we have had up to 9 routers).

Hi thanks for feed back, it was my Thai girl friend...

I will ask her to have another go and be a bit more persistent with it (tricky when she as work all week). And even ask her to work out the 'Tea money part' if needs be. Its a must to have the ADSL or I will have to delay my move...

Any way good to hear some feedback already from you guys/girls on Phuket and it encourages me to stick with it.

Thanks

Aaahh ... thought you might be using a 3rd party. Really you MUST get involved yourself, or have a super amount of trust in your g/f to get the job down and not even hint about tea money. You should not even be talking to her about tea money, else she will just offer it to make her life easy.

To get my TT&T line cost 15k !!

7k for the number (theres none free in the exchange) and 8k to run the cable about 500m from the nearest pole.. I made the landlord put it in as a condition of renting the house. My place is out the back of beyond.

Where I used to be in Patong there was always a higher demand than numbers.. They would fit a new exchange box providing a hundred new lines an they would be gone in days.. So they auction them to the highest bidder I think.

Away from the busy areas I am sure this can be different.

Edited by LivinLOS

• 3 weeks later...

The girlfriend went to the TT&T Phuket town office today and they were very friendly and completely different attitude to the office in Central Dept and they said ADSL installed in 2-3 days!

No Tea money etc needed.