Scbeasy Fund Is It Safe

Just wonder if anyone has any idea if the SCB EAsy Fund is safe, what with wall street having problems. I guess somewhere must be invested in overseas shares, mine is small but friends have quite a bit invested.

Any advise would be grateful, Im out of country right now working, cant raelly monitor well from Here.

Just wonder if anyone has any idea if the SCB EAsy Fund is safe, what with wall street having problems. I guess somewhere must be invested in overseas shares, mine is small but friends have quite a bit invested.

Any advise would be grateful, Im out of country right now working, cant raelly monitor well from Here.

Don't know the fund but I saw it's a Thai open end fund, right ?

If you don't trust it and you and your friends have substantial money in it you might want to consider to go cash for a while...better cash in your hand then.....

ANYTHING can happen now with ANY bank, Hedge Fund or open end fund in the world and if others say that's not correct, well......go ahead and believe them.

This past weekend, Belgian-Dutch Giant Bank FORTIS had to be saved by the Dutch, Belgian and Luxembourg governments and had to put up € 11,2 BILLION to save them; they bought 49% of the shares so de-facto a half nationalization, but by 3 governments which made it even more complicated. :o

Would the Bank of Thailand do the same if your SCB EAsy fund goes under ? :D ....and to what extent is your money guaranteed by the BoT if your fund goes belly up ? :D

Hundreds and hundreds of world wide Hedge funds and other funds are going to go bust within a relatively short period from now.

Better be on the safe side.

LaoPo

Thanks for the advise, yes I will be converting that money back to my main account as soon as I return.

That is I could do it online, but Im scared of making a mistake (its all in Thai) I hope a few maore days wont hurt, I will monitor every day.

Cheers

Thanks for the advise, yes I will be converting that money back to my main account as soon as I return.

That is I could do it online, but Im scared of making a mistake (its all in Thai) I hope a few maore days wont hurt, I will monitor every day.

Cheers

You better try to coordinate with someone who does speak/read Thai and do it quickly.

Europe markets are almost finished and they call it already BLACK Monday, especially for the banks and financials in the UK, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Iceland and many more.

You have all night to do something but if I were you I wold get up 08.00AM Thai time do arrange things.

Banks are down, varying from -10%, -15% and more today***

Look it up.

RSB down -20% Royal Bank of Scotland.

Lloyds TSB -12%

ING -19%

Deutsche Bank USA -11%

UBS AG - USA -16%

Credit Suisse AG - USA -15%

What worries me even more is the fast infection of the normal economy but that was to be expected.

Warnings have been supplied for stocks like AAPL/Apple, down -14%.

I just found out the a few VERY LARGE companies heard from their bankers (ING in this case) that NO CREDIT....ABSOLUTELY NO CREDIT ANYMORE until December 31st, would be given....to anybody. :o

Alarm phase RED.

LaoPo