Aparmetnal Rental On 60 Day Tourist Visa

Sorry that should read apartment or condo! Is this legal or is a 3 month visa of some sort required. Also would immigration make any stink about extending a 60 day visa if one listed one's residence address as an aparrtment rather than a hotel i.e. immigration somehow deciding that the applicant is residing here and not really a tourist, thereby rejecting a 30 day extension on 60 day visa?

Advice appreciated

Edited by jellymeister

I am not aware that it is illegal.

Renting an apartment is generally cheaper than staying in a hotel.

I know of people who rent an apartment for a whole year, then come

and go on tourist visa when they wish to.

Immigration may take a different view, when you ask for an extension

but I do not recollect seeing that in the forum.

Make sure that once you move into the apartment you register you new address with Immigration.

This may help avoid problems when you want an extension.

I have had no problems with immigration when applying for the 30 day extension on my tourist visas. Have been here 1 year on tourist visas and always quote my rented apartment address on immigration/application forms when asked for 'address in Thailand'.

:D:o

No, no problem at all. Tourists live in apartments. I am a 15 year tourist veteran and have only lived in apartments. Had tourist visas, visa exempts etc etc. Take a look at the immigration office at Suan Phlu. You''ll find tourists in business suit and three mobile phones.

They have answered your questions correctly, I usually state my house address in every government form, including tourist visa application form, extending visa form, entering without a visa form, exit and reentry application form and so on...

Condos ,apartments and/or houses are not deferent from a hotel rooms, as it can be rented in a daily,weakly, monthly or yearly basis.

Do not worry.

Bishop :o