Looking For A Seamstress...

alexisthetiny

Yes Clasbyclan Sopa does curtains. She made us some very nice tab tops. Just go in and discuss your exact requirements.

Her prices Alexisthetiny are incredible she has just made me two beautiful Chinese silk dresses for my nieces and 3 pirate shirts for my nephews at an incredible price. The best thing is that she sends you to the fabric shops around the corner to choose your material and if you take her a swatch sample she will buy the fabric with her discount making it much cheaper.

Wish I'd known about her before! I tried two different tailors here (one male, one female), and the shirts they made were all square and boxy, cut for a man (I'm a woman). And when I told them to put in darts and make the shirts fitted, BOTH of the tailors said, "Well, your hips are bigger than your waist, so we can't make the shirt fit." What?? Silly me, I though fabric was cut-able. :o

I was going to swear off tailors, but maybe before I leave Chiang Mai I'll try out your seamstress.

Miltonbentley, thanks for recommending Sopa. We visited her yesterday, the samples she showed us were very well made and her prices are very reasonable compared to the other tailors I've visited so far. She also offered to take us around the wholesalers. I'm glad to have found her.

Just wondering - how much did you pay for your tab top curtains? I went to Sopa today, gave her a sample from the shop down the street which was 80bht a metre, and Sopa quoted 1,300 for two sets of curtains for two small windows. Does this sound about right, I have to admit that I was hoping to pay a little less!

Cheeeers!

• 2 weeks later...
Sopa in Wararot Market is pure gold. She will do anything you want from darning socks to making suits. She has done all sorts of odd jobs for us including making Halloween costumes and all at extremely reasonable prices. Details on her here

Thanks for this tip MB. She has just done a job for me and I agree, she is an absolute star - quick and very reasonable rates.