Snorkling/spearfishing

womble

was thinking of going to hua hin for a few days break. I like to spearfish, can anyone tell me, is the water clear?

Never heard of or seen anyone snorkeling or spearfishing here. I think those, as well as scuba diving are better done further south starting around Chumpon.

Womble the water doesnt start to get clear till Bang Sapan, south of HH. Some very nice beaches there and the water is good. Very good spearfishing in Chumphon around the islands off Thung Walen beach. Its only a ferry ride away and a lot cheaper than HH.All there is in HH or Cha Am is a weekend on the yahoo. Enjoy. You catch anything on Tao when you went ? :o

• 2 weeks later...
Womble the water doesnt start to get clear till Bang Sapan, south of HH. Some very nice beaches there and the water is good. Very good spearfishing in Chumphon around the islands off Thung Walen beach. Its only a ferry ride away and a lot cheaper than HH.All there is in HH or Cha Am is a weekend on the yahoo. Enjoy. You catch anything on Tao when you went ? :o

I am really keen to come over to Thailand and get some spearing done over December.In general,is the west coast{Andaman sea} much better with more fish and cleaner water? How many marine parks or reserves are there in Thailand and which areas or islands do they include? Is it easy to hire local boats to take one out to offshore reefs and drop-offs etc? To sum up,I need to find self-catering accomodation suitable for a family{with 2 children under 3 years} in a place or island that is not expensive, commercial and packed with hoards of tourists and most importantly where the diving and spearfishing is good{not a reserve,marine park}

Any suggestions are welcome

Thanks very much :D

Yeah we got some good fish, some nice coral trout which are great eating and a few other species. Saw some big queenfish but couldn't get them as the water is so clear and our small guns didn't have the range. Next time I need a longer gun, although harder to sneak around the island and away from the divers eyes.

• 1 month later...

Yeah we got some good fish, some nice coral trout which are great eating and a few other species. Saw some big queenfish but couldn't get them as the water is so clear and our small guns didn't have the range. Next time I need a longer gun, although harder to sneak around the island and away from the divers eyes.

Hi Womble,

Is this who I think it is?

P.M me if its you ok.....

I have not been to Bang saphan for a while but i got a couple of nice fish last time i went. Both the cuda and the sweet lips are from Sang Island in Bang saphan. taken on a 1m euro, an old cavalero! Cobia was trang

I have decided to have another comp in April, will you be joining. Hope you enjoyed the previous one last week. I'll send you the photos as promised.

My product line of Guns, bands, spears, bungees, knives, kill spikes are all ready to go, so if yu are still looking for a longer gun let me know and I will do you a deal.

A Pelaj Spekter will do you very well. P' Odd just got a 9kg milkfish and 3 grouper of 10kg last week just after you left for samui. We are doing some blue water on the 26th!

Craig 085-222-8986

post-73148-1229407213_thumb.jpg

post-73148-1229407223_thumb.jpg

post-73148-1229407231_thumb.jpg

Edited by PelajThailand