New Bmw X6

Boater

• 2 weeks later...

A downside of living here of course is not having access to a wide a range of interesting vehicles at a reasonable price. The excitement generated about a Honda Jazz or a Toyota Vios sadly shows how long members have actually been here...they have forgotten about real cars.

Likewise check the motorbike forum where ecstasy emirates in anticipation of the release of the next Honda Wave...now that is even sadder. Not the folks with the restriction in choice, just the absurd range available.

I never understood why this kind of cars are so expensive. I asked to the bmw dealer and he wasn't able to answer me. The e90 330i (2006) I drive is more expensive than the M3 in Europe... (4 300 000 THB)

They are saying ... Taxes... ok, but now, bmw are made in Thailand, they bring some parts from EU so it should not be as expensive as it is... Even if I'm aware of the taxes for more than 3000cc and/or 220 hp... look at the price of the 318i ...

and let me laugh for a 760Li... it's more expensive than a Maybach for us...

So if someone know, please, kindly explain me why

(NB: Maybach hits the 55 Milion baht while they sale the Bugatti Veyron for 165 Million Baht...) (°_0)

It is taxes, after all. Locally assembled cars are cheaper than imports, by about half a mil for BMWs, but what really makes the difference is locally produced parts. For Japanese it's somewhere about 90%. For BMW its zero. Ten years ago 3 series could be had for just over a million, but after 1997 crisis they jacked up the taxes and 318 crossed 2mil in no time.