You Need To Be 55+ For Obtain A Non-o In Sweden

From October 1 the Thaiembassy of sweden in Stockholm will not process visa applications sent by registrated postmail, they require an application by a visit in person at the Embassy.

Non-Immigrant Visa

A. Non-Immigrant Visa 90 days ( Single Entry )

Issued for 90 days. Contact Immigration Police in Thailand for possibility of extension.

Fee SEK 400 per person.

Only applicable for retired person from 55 yrs+ or those who are married with Thai.

Additional documents required as follows

1. Retired person from 55 yrs+ :-

* Certificate of Monthly Income from Social Insurance Office.

( Monthly income shall be minimum 20000 baht after tax for retired person from 60 yrs+ OR minimum 55000 baht after tax for retired person between 55-59 yrs.)

2. Those who are married with Thai :-

* Copy of Marriage Certificate

* Copy of Spouse's Thai ID Card / Thai passport

B. Non-Immigrant Visa 1 yr ( Multiple Entries )

Issued for 1 yr with multiple entries. Max. 90 days is permitted for each entry. Contact Immigration Police in Thailand for possibility of extension.

Fee SEK 1000 per person

Only applicable for retired person from 55 yrs+ or those who are married with Thai.

Additional documents required as follows

1. Retired person from 55 yrs+

( Monthly income shall be minimum 20000 baht after tax for retired person from 60 yrs+ OR minimum 55000 baht after tax for retired person between 55-59 yrs.)

2. Those who are married with Thai :-

* Copy of Marriage Certificate

* Copy of Spouse's Thai ID Card / Thai passport

This must be because of some law in Sweden. Not Thai rules,

Means you will have to get a tourist visa if younger than 55 and change to non-o after you get here.

The Embassy staff dont seems to know the real rules, they refer to the rules ordered by the government in Thailand.

I am married to a Thai so i dont have any problems that way and I also qualified for retirement visa cat O-A long stay.

I been talking to the staff at the embassy and they not telling the real truth.

And the age of 55+ have been a common rule since many years now,,I told them that you only have to be 50+ to get an extension in Thailand and the result at that conversation was that i should NOT tell them the rules.

BTW...they seems nice if you go there in person and behave politely and its no problem if you got all the required documents submitted by the visa application.

I think they got some uncomfortable phonecalls from people that dont conversate in a proper way so they have become stricter in some ways to answer visa related questions by phone all days so they use to ask if an applicant use intenet,,then they give the intenet URL and hang up.

So Sweden differs from many other countries when you applying for visa now.

Means you will have to get a tourist visa if younger than 55 and change to non-o after you get here.

The Embassy staff dont seems to know the real rules, they refer to the rules ordered by the government in Thailand.

I am married to a Thai so i dont have any problems that way and I also qualified for retirement visa cat O-A long stay.

And the age of 55+ have been a common rule since many years now,,I told them that you only have to be 50+ to get an extension in Thailand and the result at that conversation was that i should NOT tell them the rules.

BTW...they seems nice if you go there in person and behave politely and its no problem if you got all the required documents submitted by the visa application.

I think they got some uncomfortable phonecalls from people that dont conversate in a proper way so they have become stricter in some ways to answer visa related questions by phone all days so they use to ask if an applicant use intenet,,then they give the intenet URL and hang up.

Could this plans by the Thai Goverment to change the "retirement" age in Thailand from the current 50 to 55 and the Thai embassy in Sweden, has jumped a little quick changing the rules before it is officially announced....just a thought..

This rule is years out of date. Are you sure you have not misunderstood something.

This is the official police order.

(1) Foreigner shall obtains VISA for

temporary stay and,

(2) Shall not be younger than 50

years old and,

(3) Having evidence showing the

monthly income not less than

65,000 Baht or,

(4) Having the records of saving

money in the latest 3 months of

account book of any Bank in

Thailand not less than 800,000

Baht or,

(5) Having annual income

combined with the saving

money in the Bank not less than

800,000 Baht from on the date

submitting the application.

(6) Foreign national who enters the

Kingdom of Thailand before the

21st October 1998 and has been

permitted to stay in Thailand in

case retirement shall be applied

to the criterions as follows:-

(a) Person who has the age from 60

years old and have the certain

income, with the saving money

in the Bank not less than

200,000 year per year and show

the latest 3 months records of

the passbook, or have the

20,000 Baht.

(:o Person who has the age lower

than 60 years old but not less

than 55 years old who have the

certain income with the saving

500,000 Baht per year and

show the latest 3 months

records of the passbook, or

have the monthly income not

less than 50,000 Baht.

1. Application form

2. Copy of passport of the applicant

3. Evidences of having income, such

as pension or interest of saving

money, or dividends etc. and/ or,

4. Certified Letter of having a bank

account with the Bank in Thailand

and the passbook of the account.

5. Only for the Item (6), the Documents

in Item 1 – 4 shall be required.

Edited by Lite Beer

Could this plans by the Thai Goverment to change the "retirement" age in Thailand from the current 50 to 55 and the Thai embassy in Sweden, has jumped a little quick changing the rules before it is officially announced....just a thought..

Maybe it was a rule many years ago that you have to be 55+ but i am not for sure and as far as I know there is no change in the Thai immigration law that will require a higher age than 50 years and even if i am 57 years of age i hope if there will be any change in the immigration law I hope they will grandfather applicants whit unbroken extensions until the age of 55.

Another thing that become interesting is that Thailand will drop the amount of tourist and presumptive expats this coming high season and some prognosis says about 20% so lets see what will happen in the coming months.

Lite Beer thats the latest on the consulates website, Link: http://www.thaiembassy.se/consular/visa.php#non_immigrant

Edit: If you go down and do the click it goes to the MFA info and says 50 years. ?????

D. Longstay Visa - Non-Immigrant O-A Multiple re-entry

Click here for Information and required documents

Edited by ubonjoe

This rule is years out of date. Are you sure you have not misunderstood something.

This is the official police order.

(1) Foreigner shall obtains VISA for

temporary stay and,

(2) Shall not be younger than 50

years old and,

(3) Having evidence showing the

65,000 Baht or,

(4) Having the records of saving

money in the latest 3 months of

account book of any Bank in

Thailand not less than 800,000

Baht or,

(5) Having annual income

combined with the saving

800,000 Baht from on the date

submitting the application.

(6) Foreign national who enters the

Kingdom of Thailand before the

21st October 1998 and has been

permitted to stay in Thailand in

case retirement shall be applied

to the criterions as follows:-

(a) Person who has the age from 60

years old and have the certain

income, with the saving money

in the Bank not less than

200,000 year per year and show

the latest 3 months records of

the passbook, or have the

20,000 Baht.

(:o Person who has the age lower

than 60 years old but not less

than 55 years old who have the

certain income with the saving

500,000 Baht per year and

show the latest 3 months

records of the passbook, or

have the monthly income not

less than 50,000 Baht.

1. Application form

2. Copy of passport of the applicant

3. Evidences of having income, such

as pension or interest of saving

money, or dividends etc. and/ or,

4. Certified Letter of having a bank

account with the Bank in Thailand

and the passbook of the account.

5. Only for the Item (6), the Documents

in Item 1 – 4 shall be required.

It seems we know more about some rules like the extensions based on retirement than some embassy staff and i do agree that those rules are out of age for long time in that case.

I am happy that i got more knowledge by this message board so i can be to some help to people from my country that whish to reside here as a retiree.

BTW...our Swedish embassy also have a rule that they will only issue a certificate of pension if you are more than 55 years of age and it dosnt have anything to do whit our Swedish laws but our embassy staff seems very helpful and can maybe help applicants that are less than 55 years at age and as far as i know i have a friend at age of 51 years that got hes pension certificate anyway and hes one year extension wasnt any problem at the immigration office.

Lite Beer thats the latest on the consulates website, Link: http://www.thaiembassy.se/consular/visa.php#non_immigrant

Edit: If you go down and do the click it goes to the MFA info and says 50 years. ?????

D. Longstay Visa - Non-Immigrant O-A Multiple re-entry

Click here for Information and required documents

Thank you but pls look at the Thaiembassy home page in Sweden and read by your own and maybe the staff there have to go to school again.......... :o

http://www.thaiembassy.se/consular/visa.php