Gold Shop

cloudhopper

Anyone care to recommend one in CM?

I don't think that you're gonna find too much between them. Prices are all the same and same with stock. Some are larger that is about all.

That said, Ow Chin Heng in Wororot market area has a good and large selection. I have also dealt with a small one on the road that runs alongside the river just around the corner from Ow Chin Heng.

JBG is right, I understand from a respected Mod who visited CM a year or so ago he found the best deals in China Town . ie Wororot market

Look for the shops that appear to have low overheads...if you buy from Aiport Plazza for instance you know that they pay high rent, therefore they have to charge more to maintain their profit levels and they get high footfall from tourists, places off the beaten track don't get this...ergo they should be cheaper

Edited by ThaiPauly

No difference in prices charged at places like airport plaza. You might find something you like. I prefer wororot market because the oldest gold dealer in chiang mai is there, plus you might find some designs not available anyplace else, and they do a lot of special work not done in some other places

I always prefer to deal with the older more established dealers around Warorot market.

A friend of mine bought some gold from a newer place on the outskirts of CM a few years ago which after a few months of wearing turned green :o

• 4 weeks later...