Police Chase Ends In Injury For Stuntman Escapee.

kurgen

In the early hours of Thursday Morning, a group of Pattaya Police Volunteers conducted a routine stop on a Thai Man on a motorbike in Soi Jurarak off the Tepprasit Road in Jomtien.

Initially they found nothing suspicious and were preparing to let the man go.

One of the Volunteers suggested they take the man to Pattaya Police Station for a urine test and profiling.

At this point, the man jumped on his bike and sped off.

A chase ensued and resembling a scene from an action movie, the suspect, later named as Khun Gamon aged 29, prepared to jump off his speeding motorbike into a lake on the side of the road.

The stunt did not go as planned and the man fell onto rocks and dislocated his shoulder.

He was taken to Hospital and was clearly in a considerable amount of pain.

The Volunteers who gave chase told us how they were shocked when they realized what the man was attempting to do but were powerless to stop him. Police will take the case no further.

Pattaya One News

yeah those urine tests are no joke, i think the young males who are "unsuccessful"

go to the monkey house for 60-90 days? i must say they do seem to be getting

more aggressive with these spot-checks for weapons and drugs. good riddance,

it's like a cancer that's eating this place from the inside-out, not only are they

giving grief to other thais, often it spills over into tourist circles as well. :o

if i ever get asked to take a urine test by the bib then i will just injure myself slightly then im sure they will take no further action too(obviously they wouldnt find anything in my urine so im talking hypothetically).......how does that work out.......did they feel sorry for him,do they think it was buddhas way of teaching him......whatever it was then it ended up actually being a smart move in his case :o

Why are volunteer police doing a routine stop?

Why are volunteer police detaining people without cause for urine tests?

Why are volunteer police engaging in vehicular pursuits?

Major abuse of authority in this case it appears.

answers;

1. its there job

2. they can do that especially as he probably looked high or worried which gave them suspicion to do that

3. should they just let them ride off without chase???

you do realise we are talking about thai volunteer police not farangs??? if so then that is what volunteers here are allowed to do ,they normally have a proper copper with them but not always as are in radio contact, the real police organise for them to do these roadblocks/checks anyhow so no abuse of authority as far as i can see.infact there doing a good job at helping the police on finding stolen bikes,drug users/sellers,illegal guns etc.

maybe in your country volunteer police dont do this but the special coppers in uk have same powers as fulltime employed police.