Thaksin And Pojaman Apply For Asylum In England

george

They let everybody else live in the UK,Terrorists,etc,so why not two on the run as well.

I am sure our stupid government will give them a British Passport,and of course 24 hour Police protection,not forgetting they will be able too claim every State Benefit going,all at our taxpayers expense. :D

Send them both back to Thailand too face the music. :D

:oquote: not forgetting they will be able too claim every State Benefit going,all at our taxpayers expense. unqoute.

Don't be niave. At the financial level enjoyed by Thaksin and wife, they do not need to claim any "state benefits", they are quite capable of taking care of themselves with the millions they have amassed from the Thai taxpayers money they took and the payoffs/bribes/inducements/extortion money they recieved while in power.

I am not a Thaksin family supporter, but I'm sure the one thing they won't be doing is living off the U.K. taxpayers money. And that is the very reason the U.K. government will be quite happy to give them a place in the U.K. (Rule #1 for refugees: Only the poor are kicked out, the rich can buy their place in their new country. PBC--Please Bring Cash)

:D

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The real question is - WHY?

What has changed? Why apply for asylum? Is it only because of time constraints, I remember something about 30 day deadline for application, or does he smell something bad cooking for him here?

That's not a very good news for his supporters here. He's leaving them out to dry.

I think any application will be treated sympathetically by the UK Govt.

Shouldn't treat Pojaman's application sympathetically, of course, as she was already sentenced by a perfectly legal court and chose to jump bail. But, there's always the Human Rights Act 1998 and the Convention to cite....

He's probably doing it now because he knows the timing of the penultimate crackdown on PAD to the minute, figures he better wrap up his asylum case so as not to leave any loose ends. there are some 'hard dates' they need to hit as far as political goals. can't have govt house occupied on king's bday. or even high season. etc. there are some handily distracting world politics going on at present, and there's still an october surprise due, somewhere. the second that paperwork comes through, you can bet the "go" will be given on grabbing Sondhi and the others, which could end up backfiring.

PAD folks should go to London. Show Thaksin there's no where to run and hide. Attach hand clappers to Kom Loy ballons, and float them across the London night skyline, when he sees the lights twinkling, he'll know what they mean, it'll pique curiosity of locals, "those are to wish Thaksin out of here and back into the hands of justice". Make it a respectable public statement with a little Thai symbolism (done respectfully), something that BBC will snap "this day in pictures". Perhaps his request will be delayed. You could also attach your British Passport, or a "mock" one, to the Kom Loy balloons. Then you'd have two powerful symbols in one easy-to-bake cake.

Don't take my words too seriously, my mind operates in a natural state of rebellion. And i'm not from here. In this life.

Edited by karlski

... not forgetting they will be able too claim every State Benefit going ...

Oh yes, I'm sure he'll be lining up for his thirty quid a week or whatever it is for an unemployed asylum seeker!

If he stays and hence becomes domiciled and tax-resident in UK (The latter happens after the first 183 days I believe, then over 90 days per year thereafter), he will be taxed on his worldwide assets and income.

It's an odd choice of jurisdiction for a man of his wealth.

Cool, and after you'll ask a new one in same embassy!

BUSINESS OPPORTUITY: Selling imitation British passports outside the embassy for people to symbolically burn :D

Did that back in the States in the '60's, and yeah, it was a good business. :o

For the benefit of the ignorant, the UK is a signatory to the 1951 Convention on Human Rights and as such is required to consider an application for asylum anyone may make. Once submitted, the applicant cannot be removed from the country while the application is being considered. Should the application be refused the applicant will have the right to appeal against the decision at an independent court. An application for asylum cannot be considered by the agency responsible for policing the frontier.

Understanding these obligations should go some way to dismissing the majority of imbecilic posts in this thread although I personally do not hold out too much hope.

Hi you are the one who understands nothing :o

Where you got that crap from ?

Bangkok Post the Nation ??? Stupidest person right. Maybe not the most stupid on Earth. But stupid O.K.

:D

I want to see the f..... go to jail simply for one reason: If it had been average Joe who had committed these crimes he would have gone to jail with no questions asked!!!

What I want him to go to jail for the most are the more than 2500 extrajudicial killings he ordered in his "war" against drugs. He said back then that he's gonna clean Thailand within 3 months!!!!! of drugs. This just proves that he's a delusionla megalomaniac.

And someone who's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO fricking stupid and handles his criminal activities in a way that even the stupiest person on earth can see right through it simply DESERVES to rot in prison for the rest of his life.

I pray to god that the U.K. won't grant him asylum and send him back to Thailand to serve his term.

What I can't understand is, that there are still Thais who support him. I mean how the hel_l can somebody want a criminal like him to reperesent their own country???????????????????????????????????????????????

If the Brits give them asylum and they are wanted by the Thai Government and fled,knowingly, I strongly believe this is a slap in the face to the Thai Government.

Its yet again the rich being able to buy their way out of a problem, but woe to you if you are wanted and then you seek asylum somewhere.

'When do you want him and how do you want him'.

I don't believe the Brits should allow it and should send them packing, in irons, back to the Thai authorities to face the music. They should have not fled and now they look even more guilty.

If the Brits give them asylum and they are wanted by the Thai Government and fled,knowingly, I strongly believe this is a slap in the face to the Thai Government.

Its yet again the rich being able to buy their way out of a problem, but woe to you if you are wanted and then you seek asylum somewhere.

'When do you want him and how do you want him'.

I don't believe the Brits should allow it and should send them packing, in irons, back to the Thai authorities to face the music. They should have not fled and now they look even more guilty.

Simply agree, it's the right thing to do to this murderer, BUT why wasn't he arrested when he was last in Thailand?? Yeah, I know, TIT! :o Rich snots get away with whatever these days, ie. Banks, and the bailout, when they should be doing HARD time!

They let everybody else live in the UK,Terrorists,etc,so why not two on the run as well.

I am sure our stupid government will give them a British Passport,and of course 24 hour Police protection,not forgetting they will be able too claim every State Benefit going,all at our taxpayers expense. :o

Here here.

It's disturbing how quickly the lynch mob forget that he was ousted in a military coup not too long ago...while on official business overseas.

He has grounds enough to be granted asylum.

Cause and effect: The cause: Granting the thug political asylum. The effect: I shan't set foot in Brittan ever again. With thugs like Taksin running around the streets have become to dangerous.

"thug" hardly - i think though some of the PAD party leaders might earn this title. Thaksin is probably just another corrupt politician but I dont recall he went around beating people up. The fact is that he used what is the standard way of life in Thailand and many other countries - bribes, backhanders rewards for favorites and at the same time presumably made a pile of money. I fail to see what is so exciting about him or why it is even worth a news bulletin.

I am sure your lack of presence in the Britain will have even less impact. Quite apart from this I really do doubt he would ever get a fair trial in Thailand especially if PAD get control.

The Thai government should have taken the time honoured way and offered him and his wife immunity in exchange for half what he got for Manchester City - that way everyone gets something and goes away quietly leaving ordinary people to enjoy their life. Maybe one day Thailand can return the favour by giving some of our politcians asylem - or better still putting them in one! :o

Criminal fugitive in one country, human rights refugee in another - someone's gotta be wrong.

Hey why wasn't Gary Glitter, a resident of Britain, given this kind of treatment? Even if he did do the nasty stuff (quite likely) the process that convicted him was surely corrupt.

Britain has the most corrupt legal system on Earth. It is run by a gang mentioned in THIS Papal encyclical:

http://www.papalencyclicals.net/Clem12/c15inemengl.htm

An American group broke away, and they are behaving in Iraq like THIS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tq5_vG3cYGM

it is THAT kind of people who persecuted Michael Jackson (in the States), and that kind of people who persecuted Gary Glitter. The reason is simple:

The lawyers are FAKE and EXPENSIVE. They are SLAVES of the "Brotherhood". They cause legal trouble, until the victim comes to visit and has to pay huge fees. The American gang stripped Michael Jackson of his money for their WAR CHEST. The British gang stripped Gary Glitter of his money for THEIRS.

Remember that there are wars in Kosovo, Afghanistan and Iraq. Such things are expensive.

I would rather trust Michael Jackson and Gary Glitter than a British or American court.

Charles Douglas Wehner

I am sure our stupid government will give them a British Passport,and of course 24 hour Police protection,not forgetting they will be able too claim every State Benefit going,all at our taxpayers expense. :o

Here here.

It's disturbing how quickly the lynch mob forget that he was ousted in a military coup not too long ago...while on official business overseas.

He has grounds enough to be granted asylum.

He may have had 2 years ago,

but he lost those grounds when he came back with his own team as government,

and then he split after the WIFE was convicted, when they found that they couldn't control the COURTS.

This isn't a rampaging executive from the opposition after him,

but the legitimate courts that existed BEFORE the coup,

that are after him for laws broken BEFORE the coup.

Her was let back in, not arrested at all, not a glove on him,

and had the run of the country and spoke freely with the press.

Left returned, left returned.

He ONLY took a runner when the wife got nailed and it was obvious

he was going down too in a months time.

The fact that even the British embassy can tell he is controlling the

composition of the current cabinet is enough to report he is not

a persecuted innocent being down trodden by an opposition executive.

His wifes bleeding brother is the executive....

He is simply a person who skipped on bail just before a likely conviction.

He ain't got that much money. Dodi Faed dwarfs him for cash

And he doesn't get an easy time of it from the Brits,

and he is not on the run from home.

Criminal fugitive in one country, human rights refugee in another - someone's gotta be wrong.

Hey why wasn't Gary Glitter, a resident of Britain, given this kind of treatment? Even if he did do the nasty stuff (quite likely) the process that convicted him was surely corrupt.

Britain has the most corrupt legal system on Earth. It is run by a gang mentioned in THIS Papal encyclical:

http://www.papalencyclicals.net/Clem12/c15inemengl.htm

An American group broke away, and they are behaving in Iraq like THIS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tq5_vG3cYGM

it is THAT kind of people who persecuted Michael Jackson (in the States), and that kind of people who persecuted Gary Glitter. The reason is simple:

The lawyers are FAKE and EXPENSIVE. They are SLAVES of the "Brotherhood". They cause legal trouble, until the victim comes to visit and has to pay huge fees. The American gang stripped Michael Jackson of his money for their WAR CHEST. The British gang stripped Gary Glitter of his money for THEIRS.

Remember that there are wars in Kosovo, Afghanistan and Iraq. Such things are expensive.

I would rather trust Michael Jackson and Gary Glitter than a British or American court.

Charles Douglas Wehner

Too many conspiracy theories and a bit too much glue to hold them together.

Always got a very fair shake in American courts.

To hold Glitter and Jackson up as instance of unfair courts is ludacriss.

Nobody wanted their money till they caused problems,

and the lawyers took most of it.

In reference to the revocation of the diplomatic passport of Thaksin, a sensitive issue for the Thai government in which Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Sompong Amornwiwat said earlier that the matter is rested with the prime minister's decision, Somchai said he would ask the secretariat to the prime minister about its progress.

you best ask real soon, Somchai... time is running out...

Thaksin gets his red passport back

The Foreign Ministry has reinstated the diplomatic passport of former PM Thaksin Shinawatra, a high-level source in the ministry said yesterday. The renewal of the red passport was made less than two weeks after Thaksin's fomer legal adviser and close aide Noppadon Pattama was appointed Foreign Minister.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/News/23Feb2008_news05.php

The clock is ticking... 2 weeks from the date of their appointment, this administration if it is to act with equal vigor, is October 9th. (being generous at granting a full 2 weeks instead of "less than two weeks")

only 11 days until October 9th...

Abhisit wants PM to lift Thaksin's red passport

Democrat Party Leader Abhisit Vejjajiva called on PM and Defence Minister Somchai Wongsawat to quickly revoke the diplomatic passport of ousted PM Thaksin Shinwatra, who is now living in exile in Britain. According to Mr. Abhisit, the legal process is there for the government to lift Thaksin’s diplomatic passport, and this would be one way for Somchai to show his integrity as Prime Minister.

Continued here:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/breaking_news/b...s.php?id=130960

only 2 more days, Somchai

1221751074.jpg

Somchai and his wife at either end and a gaggle of Shinawatras in between...

Edited by sriracha john

Hi you are the one who understands nothing

Where you got that crap from ? Bangkok Post the Nation ???

Stupidest person right. Maybe not the most stupid on Earth. But stupid O.K.

:o

Another new poster continuing at high speed...

One wonders just how many other didivolk's there are waiting in the wings... 42 of them? anyway, here's the original didivolk with another Bangkok Post/ Nation bash... pretty consistent, eh?

My goodness.

But if your wisdom comes from the 'Nation or Bangkok Post', congratulations :D .

and imagine that... on the same day... in another thread. *sigh*.... used to be a time on thaivisa when the trolls were much more imaginative...

Edited by sriracha john

He faces probes over alleged corruption and abuse of power. In July his wife was sentenced to three years for evading taxes. Dr Shinawatra, who denies any wrongdoing, has said he feels he cannot get a fair trial in Thailand and fears for his life.

--Sunday Mirror UK, 2008-10-05

Dr Shinawatra however does raise valid points, would get a fair trial? unlikely. Fearing for his life is quite understandable Thailand being Thailand. However if the members of Thaivisa had their way he would already be hung drawn and quartered all without a trial.

I read the first two dozen posts and assume the whole lot continue in the same way: Britain is a terrible place for giving Thaksin asylum, and even for allowing him in.

1) Anybody of his wealth who has not been convicted of a crime is usually allowed into the UK, and can continue to live there as long as they like. That is the law, applied across the board.

2) He has simply applied for asylum; he has not been granted it. In my opinion, he won't get it. In fact, I would be amazed if he got it. That is how I perceive UK asylum law and the way it is administered.

All you ranters slagging off Britain understand very little.

There have been enough stories thrown about in the press about whispered threats to his life that I think he has an excellent chance of getting asylum.

post-9005-1223333057_thumb.jpg

Amazing he was unconcerned about these threats during the the months he was here after returning to Thailand before leaving again with his fugitive wife... or the years that Pokemon spent here, following his original departure, on her own with these supposed threats to their lives hanging over her. In fact the timeliness of a political asylum request is one of its more important aspects.

If the threats were credible, why did he not apply for political asylum on DAY ONE of his original entry into the UK in 2006?? That's what most legitimate political asylum seekers do. They certainly don't go traipsing back to the scene of the threat... and their wives don't stay on in the country when they have every opportunity over 2 years to leave.

Edited by sriracha john

SJ valid points, but then the political situation has changed yet again, maybe a new element in the current political scene has him more concerned than brfore.

the thing that has changed from 2006 is that he now has 5 outstanding arrest warrants... and his wife is a convicted fugitive with 3 outstanding arrest warrants.

the current political situation is more in his favor now than ever before what with his nominee proxy Samak and then his brother-in-law Somchai in charge of the government.

Edited by sriracha john

90691.jpg

Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Affairs Minister Sompong Amornwiwat

Thai government unable to oppose former PM Thaksin seeking asylum in Britain

Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Affairs Minister indicated the Thai government could not oppose former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinnawatra seeking asylum in Britain because the act is personal matter.

Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Affairs minister Sompong Amornwiwat spoke about the news regarding to case former premier Thaksin seeking asylum in Britain. Sompong pledged for time to study the case first and said the foreign affairs ministry could not oppose the former premier’s request because it is a personal matter and the British government is responsible for considering whether they would grant the asylum for Thaksin.

On the issue of the former premier claiming that he was treated unfairly by the Thai judgement prodecure, Sompong denied such claims.

- ThaiNews / 2008-10-06