Rentals In Sukhumvit

treefrog

Go to an area in Ekamai with a Thai and walk the area that you like.

This how you find the best apartments. IMO.

Talk to security guards, give them your name card or phone # on a slip of paper.

Maybe someone will post the Thai words for "Apartment For Rent".

60Kb a month....... I wish! :o

Good luck....!

Udon gave you the best advice there is.

Let me add, come here and stay for 1 month in serviced appartment.

Than do you walking around the area (or others nearby Ekamai)

Whenever you like a place, walk in and ask. Usually, the guardman will understand 'office', where you find a manager who tells you the rental conditions, lets you know if something is empty or will be and might show you an appartment in the building.

Same applies for houses but you might not find the manager. Note down the telephone number shown at the entrance to the house and have a Thai call.

Does anyone know of any websites for house rentals in the Ekamai area? I'm on secondment for 2 years, have a young family and can go up to 60k month.

Thanks.

Knowing this board, I'm no doubt going to get pissed on for this, but I live in that area presently and do have some current experience with the prices.

In the Ekamai-Thonglor area for B60,000 you will have a very difficult time finding a fully equipped apartment large enough for a family of four that is of a good western standard. I'd say B90,000 would be a more reasonable budget. Whether it's justified or not, Ekamai-Thonglor is both stylish and hot at the moment and property owners are expecting to get top baht for large apartments,

Apartments built in the 70's were built a lot larger than today.

I had a "you beaut" apt., 5 mins from Fluffy Emporium for 18KB a month (current rate, I believe)

2 br, 2 bathrooms, beautiful pool and good security.

90 kb should get you on Soi33 with a bar attached and 20 hostesses :o

I'm going to be put up for a month at my comany's expense at a hotel while we look for a house. I just wondered if anyone knew of any websites so I can look at the sort of houses available in that area and price. I will have to get to the Ploenchit BTS station to get to work at the All Seasons Place building.

Thanks.

The Conrad has a serviced apartment block right in All Seasons that is quite nice. They have a web site somewhere. Run Google for the Conrad Bangkok and you'll get to it.

As for commercial real estate sites that will show you current rentals, sorry, no. The real estate business in Thailand isn't nearly that professional. Oh, you'll find properties on some sites (try, for example, www.AndrewPark.com), but as a rule local real estate sites are poorly maintained and seldom updated. And, on top of that, most rentals are handled personally, not through agencies with web sites. Wait until you get here and look in the Bangkok Post. The online Post is useless for ads, but the print version is loaded every Monday and Friday.

Does anyone know of any websites for house rentals in the Ekamai area? I'm on secondment for 2 years, have a young family and can go up to 60k month.

Thanks.

I lived at the Kensington Mansons on Ekamai Soi 10. Two bed apartment small kitchen living / diningroom both bedrooms had ensuite. Had cable TV and Telephone. There is a good size pool water a bit cold at this time of year, small gym. Security guards on 24/7 all deliveries were made by the guards. Best bit is that there is a small shopping area about 70m from the front door and motorbike taxi stand in the same place. BTS Bus also stops there.

I was paying 35,000 plus electricity and phone.

Wish I was still there now! They have bigger appartments. When I left it was filling up, that was two years ago and I bet most of their contracts are over now.

Good luck in looking! Ekamai is a good choice though!

Thanks.

I lived at the Kensington Mansons on Ekamai Soi 10. Two bed apartment small kitchen living / diningroom both bedrooms had ensuite. Had cable TV and Telephone. There is a good size pool water a bit cold at this time of year, small gym. Security guards on 24/7 all deliveries were made by the guards. Best bit is that there is a small shopping area about 70m from the front door and motorbike taxi stand in the same place. BTS Bus also stops there.

I was paying 35,000 plus electricity and phone.

Wish I was still there now! They have bigger appartments. When I left it was filling up, that was two years ago and I bet most of their contracts are over now.

Good luck in looking! Ekamai is a good choice though!

I was working on Rama IV at the HSBC building and I could get there on the BTS in 30 mins on the BTS and Motorbike Taxi.

Just have a walk round and talk to the building managers, most speak English!

I'm going to be put up for a month at my comany's expense at a hotel while we look for a house. I just wondered if anyone knew of any websites so I can look at the sort of houses available in that area and price. I will have to get to the Ploenchit BTS station to get to work at the All Seasons Place building.

Thanks.

http://www.bangkokapartments.info/

http://thaiapartment.com/

• 2 weeks later...