Where Can I Keep My Dog?

I have some time off work and fancy a trip to the sea with my family. We were thinking about driving down to Bangsaen for a few nights. The problem is our Shih Tzu. I rang a few hotels down that way but they have all said 'no dogs'. Is there anywhere, such as a boarding kennel or pet-shop, where she could stay at night. Better still, does anyone know a pet-friendly hotel in the area. We could leave her in our local pet shop, but I don't like the idea of her in a box for three days. At least if she came with us we could take her for a walk.

should be kennels in Lopburi ... try the pinned list above for pet friendly hotels

If you still can't find one let me know and I will do some digging

(BTW there are kennels near Seacon in BKK, not far off Bangna-Trat that charge about 100 baht a day for a small dog and a staff member sleeps there with them)

We have had great luck in Kanchanaburi and every place that we have stayed (including Felix Resort that has a no dogs policy) has let us stay with our dogs

garro, did you check the pet friendly hotels thread already?

Hi sbk, I did have a look at that thread but couldn't find anywhere near Bangsaen.

jdinasia, I was hoping to bring her with us, but I will check to see if there are any better options than the local pet shop in Lopburi. I am tempted to just take her with us.

(BTW there are kennels near Seacon in BKK, not far off Bangna-Trat that charge about 100 baht a day for a small dog and a staff member sleeps there with them)

hel_l that's good service -do they charge extra for the happy ending?

Normally, Garro I'd say bring him to me but I'm off myself in the next 3-4 days for a week.

There's an idea here- TV'ers looking after other dogs while they're away. I'd be more than happy to look after someone's dog for a few days.

(Luckily my good pal neighbour comes to house and dog sit when we disappear on out hols)

I used for my 2 Dogs Chumsai Dog Care (Dog hotel) near Pattaya a couple of times and I was always happy with them. They have even rooms with aircon. I believed I payed around 200 baht for a non-aircon kennel but that was some month ago.

Tel. Number is 086-140 7869 website: www.thaipetcare.com