Ais's 12 Call Vs Dtac's Happy

tigerbeer

I have been a user of post paid services for many years now and a little fed up with the bills at the end of month. Surely adds up when one does not "take care" of how much they talk. So moved to prepaid services 12 Call and Dtac's Happy. I need both SIMs for certain reasons (not that i have two gfs).

Checked out both websites of Happy and 12Call. Happy website has superb web services most importantly in English. 12Call is completely in Thai. Unless there is a certain link that I do not know about or not viewable to the naked eye?

Do you guys use the web services of Happy? Its superb!

yes i use it to check how many minutes are left on my monthly feel free but the free sms system isn't working properly, a lot of phone numbers are not recognized by their web system and send back" number doesn't exist"

Agree that AIS's website is utterly useless, but balance this with their customer service, some of whom speak extremely good English (assuming you select this option). Can't compare it with DTAC, since I've never used them, but I can't imagine they would have better English-speakers than AIS...

I much prefer the AIS system. *138 allows you to buy time and *139 allows you to check your balance. BOTH numbers have an English option.

Dtac on the other hand requires you to talk to someone. I normally get a Thai guy who thinks he speaks flawless English, thus he talks so fast that I can't understand him.

It's too bad that AIS EDGE sucks. AIS was at one time the best but at this point Dtac is much better. Rating them from one to ten, I'd give AIS a 4 and Dtac an 8. The quality of service may depend on your location.

Agree that AIS's website is utterly useless, but balance this with their customer service, some of whom speak extremely good English (assuming you select this option). Can't compare it with DTAC, since I've never used them, but I can't imagine they would have better English-speakers than AIS...

just seems to me that AIS focuses totally on the Thai market when it comes to 12Call. Looking at their website, it seems that one could do a lot if only for the need of being fluent in the language.

AIS's customer service on the phone might be top notch but I would rather deal with the website without talking to anyone. Not that I am anti social but although they can speak english, its still difficult to get the "message through".

with DTAC's Happy website, everything is available on its website. It allows you to choose the promotions, the special numbers that you want a discount on. detailed calls made, detailed GPRS usage etc etc. Its just mindblowing.

so i guess 12Call at the moment does not have an English website of which I thought I was missing a link to somehow. how dissapointing.

TB..

Isn't there an operator that allow you to call free or very cheaply to numbers that you choose (or somesuch) at certain hours of the day?

If so, which one?

the cheapest i have found is DTAC's Happy Special number service. Before 15 october this month, you pay 10Baht to activate this service and choose one number under the DTAC network. You pay 25 satang per minute 24 hours a day for a month. Two days before that particular month ends, you apply again for the following month. But after 15th october this month its 20bath to activate this number per month. Its bloody worth it cause I have my missus number on it and saves a lot of money when she is out of town.

TB..

I much prefer the AIS system. *138 allows you to buy time and *139 allows you to check your balance. BOTH numbers have an English option.

Dtac on the other hand requires you to talk to someone. I normally get a Thai guy who thinks he speaks flawless English, thus he talks so fast that I can't understand him.

It's too bad that AIS EDGE sucks. AIS was at one time the best but at this point Dtac is much better. Rating them from one to ten, I'd give AIS a 4 and Dtac an 8. The quality of service may depend on your location.

AIS/One2Call is $%^&.

Happy DTAC certainly have their heads screwed on in comparison to One2Call.

As mentioned before, you can do everything online and those fifty free messages per month come in quite handy when you are outside the country.

With my multiple SIM card scenario, I get to send hundreds of free SMS messages per month(I pay 2 baht per SMS for numbers outside the DTAC network.

Of course you can check your balance and add cash without speaking to anyone...what are you thinking?

From memory, check balance is *100#Call and to add credit *100*(fifteen to seventeen digit number)#Call. All done without have to speak to or call anyone(other than to purchase a refill card from your nearest stockist).

If you prefer an automated call; *1000 Call Press '9' to change language to English and then follow the prompts to add credit. *1001 Call for a Balance check.

Those who think One2Call is better are still living in the last century.

This is of course total crap. You can buy time and check balance on Happy DTAC using similar *101# checks balance and I forgot how to add time? Anyone remind me please? I mean add time validity from existing balance and /or add time by voucher?

This is of course total crap. You can buy time and check balance on Happy DTAC using similar *101# checks balance and I forgot how to add time? Anyone remind me please? I mean add time validity from existing balance and /or add time by voucher?

What's total crap ?? I don't see any need to talk to anyone about phone service. What I'm concerned about is the GPRS EDGE. I have to talk to someone about Dtac EDGE and can use the automated service with AIS EDGE. I DON'T like to talk on the phone if I can use an automated system.

• 2 weeks later...

My apologies to whomever originally posted this, but I simply copied/pasted the text from a forum post into a file and saved it quite some time ago:

- If you've had your prepaid card for more than 3 months:

If you've already had your prepaid card for more than 3 months, you can use any promotion (even the very cheap ones) and extend the validity of up to a year just by typing *100*9# and call, you will get a menu and just use the "Day Give Away Service" (reply with the number 6), it will cost you 12 Baht to extend your validity of 180 days. 12 more baht and you'll get your year of validity. I've used it many times and keep on having 360 days left on my card and the very best promotion, could not get cheaper/better than this.

- If you've just got a new prepaid (and cannot wait 3 months), call 1678 and ask them to change your promotion to "SimPLE". You will pay all your calls to all network 2 Baht / min but whenever you recharge your phone (even 20 Baht recharge), the system will extend the validity of your card to 1 year (365 days).

- 2 Baht for 30 days

- 6 Baht for 90 days

- 12 Baht for 180 days (up to 365 Days).

From any Happy Dtac package (even the cheapest ones 25 Satangs/min), do the following:

- Dial *1013, listen to the prompt and dial 9 for English

- Follow the step by step procedure ( press 1 for promotion )

- You will get an SMS confirming the new validity of your SIM card.

Here it is.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Happy-Dtac-R...ml#entry1289678

Ooops I see you have it already.