Xbox 360 Elite

Onyxia

I bought a xbox 360 elite last month. Havent had much time to mess around, but when i first got it i set up xbox live, downloaded a few themes and what not. Its a modded machine so i didnt try playing any games on it, but now when i turn on to watch hd dvd movies or play my copied games i get the message i need to do a console update, if i dont do it i cant connect. So my question is , can i do the update without worry of bricking my machine. Not to worried about being banned from xbox live, just dont want the console to get bricked. Bought it for fallout 3 and few games coming out later this year.

When i first got my machine (also modded) i did the upgrade without a problem, i also signed upto Xbox live and did a few other updates - never went back to Xbox live so i dont know if im banned or not - my machine still works ok now tho

I've been banned for a year now but not missed live much as I play PS3 if I want to play online (which is free to play)

A few games have had updates since then and all went through ok

MS will change their deshboard next month and I expect this will make it's way onto game DVDs shortly after. No word yet if this has extra protection etc

I've been banned for a year now but not missed live much as I play PS3 if I want to play online (which is free to play)

MS will change their deshboard next month and I expect this will make it's way onto game DVDs shortly after. No word yet if this has extra protection etc

Yea im not worried about being banned, just was worried that it would some how brick the machine. Havent heard of that happening, but with the new dashboard wouldnt suprise me. Figured i would ask first.

Just waiting for my order of Fallout 3 to come in.

Yea im not worried about being banned, just was worried that it would some how brick the machine. Havent heard of that happening, but with the new dashboard wouldnt suprise me. Figured i would ask first.

Hi

I have had a modded ellite for over 2 years now and I have installed every update for every game and console. You'll be fine. I have played online for 2 years also and have not been banned.

Luck of the draw, but I can sefely say you won't brick it!

Just finished fallout 3 last night - available now for those with modded 360s

Depends on how much money you want to be spending

With the 360 you can get cheap "Back-up" games to play but you lose the ability to play online pretty quickly if you are not super careful.

I play on all 3 consoles (360,PS3 & Wii) and spend most of my time on my PS3. Now it might be because there are no "Back-ups" for PS3 so I feel obliged to play games for much longer due to paying full price (1400THB for original PS3 games) but I just prefer the PS3 these days.

The PS3 is region free for games and they are easy to get here and Sony don't charge a fee to use their online service

Only 4 more days on my download for fallout 3 lol. So was the game any good. I remember having alot of fun on the first computer game many years ago. Hoping this is as fun.

Fallout 3 is more like Oblivion with guns but there is some of that classic Fallout atmosphere in there.

• 1 year later...

My modded xbox got banned a few months ago, they disabled the WiFi and media player (as well as anything online because it will no longer connect online).

Major pain in the ass as it is my media player for the bedroom (over wifi)...........

I picked up an elite bundle back in OZ in april, $200.00 brandnew...happy days, I get my media player back and the missus can still play her dodgy copies of left4dead !!!!

Well after 18 months my 360 Elite got RROD whilst playing Crackdown 2 :(

Am sure games that really push the system to the max must contribute to RROD somehow

Will get it repaired at Pantip next week and if unrepairable I still have an unmodded elite which I can mod

Anybody know if the new Xbox 360 slim can be modded?

Well after 18 months my 360 Elite got RROD whilst playing Crackdown 2 :(

Am sure games that really push the system to the max must contribute to RROD somehow

Will get it repaired at Pantip next week and if unrepairable I still have an unmodded elite which I can mod

Anybody know if the new Xbox 360 slim can be modded?

I fixed mine myself when it RROD'd