Renew Visa & Work Permit At New Boss

Sincere but loss right now as my employment at my current position will expire end of November, so I am desperate to apply for new job, fortunately got a company down in Pattaya to take me onboard.....the question is, I had to pay 130000TBH 2 years ago when I applied for my visa & work permit for the first time and last renewal paid 20000TBH for it.

So this time, at the new company they told me to look for some agents in Pattaya to do the neccessary paperwork but I was told during my first application 2 years ago it went through a top official in the visa dept so if I make a new application without going through him, most probably my application would be rejected, am I forced to see him again and pay him for this round?

Any good samaritans out there to show me the right path as I am at the ends of my wits already.

God bless all.

RATE OF GOVERNMENT FEES FOR WORK PERMIT

1. 750 Baht = not longer than three months.

2. 1,500 Baht = longer than three months but does not exceed six months.

3. 3,000 Baht = longer than six months but does not exceed one year.

4. For a work permit which is longer than one year, the fee will be increased for the period exceeding one year at the rate shown in items 1,2 and 3 above.

http://www.doe.go.th/workpermit/index.html

Sincere but loss right now as my employment at my current position will expire end of November, so I am desperate to apply for new job, fortunately got a company down in Pattaya to take me onboard.....the question is, I had to pay 130000TBH 2 years ago when I applied for my visa & work permit for the first time and last renewal paid 20000TBH for it.

So this time, at the new company they told me to look for some agents in Pattaya to do the neccessary paperwork but I was told during my first application 2 years ago it went through a top official in the visa dept so if I make a new application without going through him, most probably my application would be rejected, am I forced to see him again and pay him for this round?

Any good samaritans out there to show me the right path as I am at the ends of my wits already.

God bless all.

I think someone has told you a lot of Porkies and ripped you off at the same time.

To renew your visa you just have to go outside of the country. I went to the Thai Embassy in Malaysia with all the necessary paperwork and came back the next day with my new 1 year non-B multiple entry for about 16,000 baht.

I'm not sure about your Work Permit as it was issued for your previous employment. What I'm not sure about is whether you would have to apply for a new one with your new employer and new job status or whether you can transfer the old one. A new one will put you/or the company you work for, back about 30 - 40,000 baht and a renewal is very little indeed.

PM me if you need an agent in Pattaya. I know most of them.

Your new employer will have to provide the documents to get a new work permit. As soon as you leave your current employer your work permit is no longer valid.

What you have paid paid berore do sound a bit high.

There are others with far greater knowledge of work permits than me who will soon come in with more info and questions.

Your employer should be taking care of all these expenses.

All you need to do is go to Malaysia for a new Non Imm O visa,

then let your employer take care of the work permit and visa extension.

joskydive said:

"...I'm not sure about your Work Permit ... A new one will put you/or the company you work for, back about 30 - 40,000 baht and a renewal is very little indeed."

The cost of WP's is shown in post #2. Why would it cost him 30-40k? It does seem a bit high, don't you think?