Refused Booze In Bigc

bartender100

Just been refused to buy alcohol in BiigC,turned up at the cashier with 2 bottles of wine and a couple of Hienikens,and had it taken off me,I felt like a naughty schoolboy.

New rule,not sure if its law, apprently they only can sell it between 11am-2pm then 5pm-midnight .

Just been refused to buy alcohol in BiigC,turned up at the cashier with 2 bottles of wine and a couple of Hienikens,and had it taken off me,I felt like a naughty schoolboy.

New rule,not sure if its law, apprently they only can sell it between 11am-2pm  then  5pm-midnight .

After Spell Check:

Just been refused to buy alcohol in Big C,turned up at the cashier with 2 bottles of wine and a couple of Heineken's,and had it taken off me,I felt like a naughty schoolboy.

New rule,not sure if its law, apparently they only can sell it between 11am-2pm then 5pm-midnight .

New rule,not sure if its law, apprently they only can sell it between 11am-2pm  then  5pm-midnight .

After Spell Check:

Just been refused to buy alcohol in Big C,turned up at the cashier with 2 bottles of wine and a couple of Heineken's,and had it taken off me,I felt like a naughty schoolboy.

New rule,not sure if its law, apparently they only can sell it between 11am-2pm then 5pm-midnight .

So i sptlet highnyken wong and mis tpyed BIGc,wats the lagre deel,u r the knew editar on hear.

After Spell Check:

So i sptlet highnyken wong and mis tpyed BIGc,wats the lagre deel,u r the knew editar on hear.

Yeah, went to Tops this arvo. It was 4 o'clock and wasn't allowed to buy booze. Check out chick had to put my beer under the counter, there must have been another 10 bottles there . Oh well, on the way home stopped at the local Soi cornershop had no problems , although it was 4:50 . I am sure it is the big supermarkets who obey this rule, more than small stores .

When did this law come in? and more importantly, why?

Earlier this year if I am not mistaken.

Do search in the news section of the forum. I am sure you will find the relevant information there.

It was brought in at the sametime as the hours the bars and restaurants are supposed to sell alcohol in an attempt to keep Thailand and especially their youth pure

Maybe this law came in early in the year. But, i think it has only beeen enforced the last few days. Never had any problem buying beers in the middle of the day at supermarkets until today. Note, don't drink them, but nice to get them yen mak in the fridge about the time the sun goes down. Anyone know if 7-11s, Tiger marts ect are enforcing it?

Maybe this law came in early in the year. But, i think it has only beeen enforced the last few days. Never had any problem buying beers in the middle of the day at supermarkets until today. Note, don't drink them, but nice to get them  yen mak in the fridge about the time the sun goes down. Anyone know if 7-11s, Tiger marts ect are enforcing it?

Oh I am sure that the law is being enforced in a hit and miss fashion.

No doubt it is still possible at all hours to purchase booze at any of the road side service stations and stops. After all driving does make one thirsty

I got stung by that one today too. Dropped in to 7-11 after work (around 18:30) to buy a few beers just to find a blocked fridge. A sign on the fridge said that they are not allowed to sell beer between 17:00 and 24:00. Asked the cashier why and she blamed the police. So I went to the family mart next door and bought more beer than I would have just in case there was a beer shortage or something... :o