Mafia

carrick_fullerton

Why Not, RDN, I do...

I've only been shot at twice (this year)

Seriously, i wouldnt worry about the so-called mafia types, just be polite, dont get into any arguments and enjoy your holiday. You wont get any trouble.

Why Not, RDN, I do...

I've only been shot at twice (this year)

Seriously, i wouldnt worry about the so-called mafia types, just be polite, dont get into any arguments and enjoy your holiday. You wont get any trouble.

Agreed - but actually I said "No thanks, I'll walk" (with a bit of an attitude, I must admit) and he said "Yes, you walk" with definitely more of an attitude back. :o

So I walked.

About 1 baht per stride, I think. :D

the mafia have control over what get sold in the tourist hawker shops and the tuk-tuk baloney.

Petty theft with the BG's is uncommon. Especially the regular girls they don't want to loose their jobs pissing off customers. They know how easily they are replaced.

Avoid wandering around drunk in the wee hours. Don't let the katoy's paw you on the street they are always trying to stick their hands in your pocket. I've had to remove a hand from my pocket twice now. Mainly be aware of freelancers and the katoys.

thats good to hear. do you use a tuk tuk to get back at night because of the safety risk or because you cant be bothered to walk... also off the topic how long do you think it would take to walk from the novotel on patong beach to the patong merlin hotel on patong beach..

Cheers

It will be a ###### long walk.Novotel is at one end of the beach Rd on the way to Kamala and Patong Merlin is at the opposite end just before the hill out of town to Karon.If you are walking allow at least 45mins.Take a tuktuk

Don't leave your hotelroom when it's dark, seriously, the Patong mafia is mainly active in the night time and in the seedier parts of town. Don't get into any argument with Thais, don't negotiate the tuk tuk price but pay them more they ask for. Dress politely, speak some Thai that will impress people and make them think you have been longer in Thailand.

khrap khun krhap = thank you

sabai dee= I'm fine

sawadee khrap = hello

sawadee krhap jet mee= hello sir

enjoy your holiday in the land of smiles!

Don't leave your hotel room after dark....

I think that's a bit strong, maybe if you added 'sober' or 'naked' in there somewhere I'd agree. Patong is like a dog, if you play up to it and pet it you'll feel all warm and squishy inside, if you pull it's tail and poke it's bum you'll deservedly get bitten, just be cool and you'll have a ball.

Don't leave your hotelroom when it's dark, seriously, the Patong mafia is mainly active in the night time and in the seedier parts of town. Don't get into any argument with Thais, don't negotiate the tuk tuk price but pay them more they ask for. Dress politely, speak some Thai that will impress people and make them think you have been longer in Thailand.

khrap khun krhap = thank you

sabai dee= I'm fine

sawadee khrap = hello

sawadee krhap jet mee= hello sir

enjoy your holiday in the land of smiles!

Close but no cookie for you sonny-jim.

Ignore the above, its 80% sweaty Sphericals and 20% hearsay.

FTH has a good handle on the situation, his advice is sound advice.