Mafia

carrick_fullerton

• 2 weeks later...

Nobody try taxi-motorbike ?

Something same 20-30 baths.

(Can go with girl to, 10 bath more, and funny) :o

Its very cheaper, and quickly (some time to fast, have to say "cha cha" :D ).

Tuk have incredible price.

You can rent motor-bike to, its 100 to 150 bath / day.

Just understand, if you take tuk tuk 4 times a day...

But when take motor-bike, becarefull a lot wich way you put it,

because before midnight, police check if not good way,

and lock motorbike (have to walk far to police station,

and 300 bath to pay, i cannot forget...).

The Omerta:

1. A code of silence - Never to "rat out" any mafia member. Never to divulge any mafia secrets. Even if they were threatened by torture or death.

2. Complete obedience to the boss - Obey the boss's orders, no matter what.

3. Assistance - To provide any necessary assistance to any other respected or befriended mafia faction.

4. Vengeance - Any attacks on family members must be avenged. "An attack on one is an attack on all."

5. Avoid contact with the authorities.

See here and here :o

I have been hearing and reading alot about the "Mafia" in Patong Beach. Who are they and what do they do or who do they target?....

Just don't tell the tuk-tuk driver who wants 200 baht to get you from McDonalds to Sea Pearl Hotel to "shove it". :o

As long as you're smiling when you say it, no problem :D

In fact, I it can help one to release a bit of anger/frustration/resentment/ dissapointment in a safer way, sometimes. I've used a smiling "###### you very much" on a few occasions myself. :D

Just don't get too carried way with clear enunciation... :D

...In fact, I it can help one to release a bit of anger/frustration/resentment/ dissapointment in a safer way, sometimes. I've used a smiling "###### you very much" on a few occasions myself.  :o ...

As in the film "Falling Down" near the end when Sergeant Prendergast thanks his Captain in front of the TV cameras: "F*** you Captain Yardley. F*** you very much."

Try to find a room with a safe, put your mobile and other valuables in it at all times
Don't leave your hotelroom when it's dark, seriously, the Patong mafia is mainly active in the night time and in the seedier parts of town

People amaze me. Specially farangs who have lived in Thailand for long time.

The above are just samples of sensationalism and deliberated ignorance, whose objective is always to denigrate this country.

In which country you can leave your valuables unsafe?, USA, England, Australia, France, Germany?. Please give me one.

Don’t leave you room when is dark?. This statement is not just ignorant, but deliberately insidious. This applies to New York. Miami and many touristics places in america, many areas in London, many suburbs in Sydney, Australia, Germany (beware of the neo-nazis), South Africa, etc.

Thailand is one of the most safest places in the world, if not the safest.

Just ignorance and deliverated desire to denigrate this country will intend to magnify delinquency matters that are applicable to ALL countries. In Thailand exist but it is in a scale is far lowest than any other country I have lived and visited.

Try to find a room with a safe, put your mobile and other valuables in it at all times
Don't leave your hotelroom when it's dark, seriously, the Patong mafia is mainly active in the night time and in the seedier parts of town

The above are just samples of sensationalism and deliberated ignorance, whose objective is always to denigrate this country.

In which country you can leave your valuables unsafe?, USA, England, Australia, France, Germany?. Please give me one.

Don’t leave you room when is dark?. This statement is not just ignorant, but deliberately insidious. This applies to New York. Miami and many touristics places in america, many areas in London, many suburbs in Sydney, Australia, Germany (beware of the neo-nazis), South Africa, etc.

Just ignorance and deliverated desire to denigrate this country will intend to magnify delinquency matters that are applicable to ALL countries. In Thailand exist but it is in a scale is far lowest than any other country I have lived and visited.

I suggested the safe based on my own experience in 5 years, I even had phones stolen by bgs while I was in a wheelchair.

15000bt whilst asleep, not drunk......

So, everyone's experiences are diferent, some guys go 20 yrs and never have a satang lifted. (apols for spelling)

It is in no way meant to denigrate Thais in general....... :o

Just don't be too trusting like I have been with bgs or new female chums.

Edited by udon

A lot of folk would have agreed with you, till the other day

Udo, point taken about your intentions. I presume that your advice can be missinterpreted as a "Thai" mafia character, which is not the case, as I assume you will agree with me.

Simbo, this subject is not about the tragedy we are facing now, but about delinquency.

Aside from a couple off clumsy efforts at pickpocket by the same katoy on Rat-u-tit rd my experience with petty theft in Patong has been nonexistent. And I've gone to sleep many times with a girl in my room and have awakened with the same money in my pockets.

I've heard the odd story from time to time. From what I can tell petty theft is fairly uncommon.

Many years ago back in the bad old days when you had to take a boat to Phuket. You had to watch your stuff like a hawk.

On the busses in Bangkok the thieves would use razor blades and deftly cut a hole in your bag or pocket and remove you valuables.

I'd say things have changed in this regard very much for the better.

Nobody try taxi-motorbike ?

Something same 20-30 baths.

(Can go with girl to, 10 bath more, and funny)  :o

Its very cheaper, and quickly (some time to fast, have to say "cha cha"  :D  ).

Tuk have incredible price.

You can rent motor-bike to, its 100 to 150 bath / day.

Just understand, if you take tuk tuk 4 times a day...

But when take motor-bike, becarefull a lot wich way you put it,

because before midnight, police check if not good way,

and lock motorbike (have to walk far to police station,

and 300 bath to pay, i cannot forget...).

But check your insurance policy! UK travel insurance normally does not insure against having an accident on a motorbike. It's irritating - it makes me a wet blanket when I refuse to ride one.

• 2 weeks later...

I watch my things as in any other big city but I feel reall save in Bangkok. I wear my twin tone Rolex Submariner and some other jewlry etc. I will say that I lock up my goodies whilst the Darling is in the Hong Nan cleaning her goods. I will sayh that in China town, Chat. Mkt. Pan Tip Plaza, MBK and in Pratunam Mlt I'm really carewful and don't bring the good stuff, keep my money etc on a neck pouch around my neck...Other that those hot spots I feel very safe in Bangkok and Patong. Thai people are not theives by nature!

Don't leave your hotelroom when it's dark, seriously, the Patong mafia is mainly active in the night time and in the seedier parts of town. Don't get into any argument with Thais, don't negotiate the tuk tuk price but pay them more they ask for. Dress politely, speak some Thai that will impress people and make them think you have been longer in Thailand.

khrap khun krhap = thank you

sabai dee= I'm fine

sawadee khrap = hello

sawadee krhap jet mee= hello sir

enjoy your holiday in the land of smiles!

I have now been coming to Patong several times a year for 14 years, and I sure go out after dark, that's when the fun starts :o and I have never had any problems with the "mafia" or anybody else, just bring your brain and be polite.