Where Is Gold Going In This Market

Tim Geithner is not in office. What are you on about?

So when he left office his "views" were all erased?

Could be a handy feature for these types smile.png

What views?

No idea as I do not listen to idiots when possible.

But I was speaking to your usual one liner type flame in which you

tried to imply he had none since he was no longer in office.

Yes, from you, no idea.

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naam

• flying

• churchill

• midas

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No Joke I am making serious money and trying to help the poor who belive gold shall come back in 10 years

Just remeber in 2 years when it will be under 850 who told you

Check the post what I said from 1500 to the high

Any particular pro- trader who's views you follow?

Dennis Gartman. He is sane.

Perhaps sane but useless biggrin.png

'Horizons introduced some ETFs based on the trading calls of Dennis Gartman's daily newsletter. For some reason Gartman is promoted by CNBC and Bloomberg, among others, as some kind of market guru. As it turns out, the ETFs based on his trading calls were referenced several times, including once by Business Insider, as being "a disaster."

As it turns out, in March this year, Horizons liquidated the main Gartman ETF:

Comments: Effective close of business 03/19/2013, ETF will be terminated and all unitholders of the ETF will receive the proceeds from the liquidation of the assets, less all liabilities and all expenses incurred in connection with the dissolution of the ETF.'

http://truthingold.blogspot.com/2013/06/regarding-dennis-gartman.html

No Joke I am making serious money and trying to help the poor who belive gold shall come back in 10 years

'Horizons introduced some ETFs based on the trading calls of Dennis Gartman's daily newsletter. For some reason Gartman is promoted by CNBC and Bloomberg, among others, as some kind of market guru. As it turns out, the ETFs based on his trading calls were referenced several times, including once by Business Insider, as being "a disaster."

Comments: Effective close of business 03/19/2013, ETF will be terminated and all unitholders of the ETF will receive the proceeds from the liquidation of the assets, less all liabilities and all expenses incurred in connection with the dissolution of the ETF.'[/size][/size]

The main ire directed against Dennis (his fundamental crime) is that he has been prepared to call gold down when he sees it. The article you link to is yet another rubbish gold bug website whose main purpose is as indicated and drags in Marc Faber as their guru. I doubt that even Dennis can match the gold bug websites' call to buy, buy, buy all the way down from 1800+ to below 1300. Wearing no knickers and calling out 'slut' across the street to others.

Edited by yoshiwara

'The main ire directed against Dennis (his fundamental crime) is that he has been prepared to call gold down when he sees it. The article you link to is yet another rubbish gold bug website whose main purpose is as indicated and drags in Marc Faber as their guru. I doubt that even Dennis can match the gold bug websites' call to buy, buy, buy all the way down from 1800+ to below 1300. Wearing no knickers and calling out 'slut' across the street to others.

Edited by yoshiwara, 17 minutes ago.'

Judging by his fund one should ignore his advice... I hope you didn't invest with the man ...Facts speak larger than words blink.png

Horizons ETFs announces closure of certain ETFs

http://www.newswire.ca/en/story/1093631/horizons-etfs-announces-closure-of-certain-etfs

'The main ire directed against Dennis (his fundamental crime) is that he has been prepared to call gold down when he sees it. The article you link to is yet another rubbish gold bug website whose main purpose is as indicated and drags in Marc Faber as their guru. I doubt that even Dennis can match the gold bug websites' call to buy, buy, buy all the way down from 1800+ to below 1300. Wearing no knickers and calling out 'slut' across the street to others.

Judging by his fund one should ignore his advice... I hope you didn't invest with the man ...Facts speak larger than words blink.png

http://www.newswire.ca/en/story/1093631/horizons-etfs-announces-closure-of-certain-etfs

I don't. But the facts are that the gold bugs will have lost you far more money than poor Dennis will ever have.

20% they have lost you this year.

I don't. But the facts are that the gold bugs will have lost you far more money than poor Dennis will ever have.

Nobody is denying Gold is down for now ...all assets go up and down over time ...

Most Gold Bugs as you call them are not 100% invested in PM's and so many quite probably balance their losses ...

You have made a bad bet on oil ? nothing is guaranteed but in these markets I think one has to look through all the manipulation and words moving markets for what is a right and correct investment in the long run ....For me in current markets Gold and Silver are part of that investment .

'Poor' Gartman however whether long or short gold , long dong short yen or whatever totally cocked up ... and whilst you love to listen to his

advice on CNBC is more often wrong than right ! and his Horizon investors no dought wish he would shut up and go away ....rolleyes.gif

some satire...

Helium was up. Feathers were down. Paper was stationary. Knives were up sharply. Pencils lost a few points. Hiking equipment was trailing. Elevators rose while escalators continued a slow decline. Light switches were off. Mining equipment hit rock bottom. Diapers remained unchanged. Shipping lines stayed at an even keel. Balloon prices were inflated. And batteries exploded in an attempt to recharge the market.

Copy and paste job from my joke collection.

off topic too...

Nobody is denying Gold is down for now ...all assets go up and down over time ...

Most Gold Bugs as you call them are not 100% invested in PM's and so many quite probably balance their losses ...

You have made a bad bet on oil ? nothing is guaranteed but in these markets I think one has to look through all the manipulation and words moving markets for what is a right and correct investment in the long run ....For me in current markets Gold and Silver are part of that investment .

'Poor' Gartman however whether long or short gold , long dong short yen or whatever totally cocked up ... and whilst you love to listen to his

advice on CNBC is more often wrong than right ! and his Horizon investors no dought wish he would shut up and go away ....rolleyes.gif

Never mind that some people talk gold bug but do something else, their argued position of always buy, never sell (coins, bars, blah) has been a disaster and tops anything said or done by Dennis. Maybe Apple has done worse than your mates in their ideological position waiting for the end of the world to justify their position. Edited by yoshiwara

Thinking to buy a little bit this week or next. (As a % of total asset I am currently under 1 % in gold having sold my other 1.5% at a touch over 1500; just lucky timing due to a physical move. I also have a touch over 1% in silver. So 2% physical PMs holding is hardly a bugs position- however I still see the same valid reasons to hold a % in physical PMs and will be bringing percentage back towards 4 or 5% total over the next weeks or months; if this buying time coincides with downwards movement then I'm happy enough.

We also have 4-5% ish in art; would this revelation result Yoshi calling me an art bug now I wonder?

Thinking to buy a little bit this week or next. (As a % of total asset I am currently under 1 % in gold having sold my other 1.5% at a touch over 1500; just lucky timing due to a physical move. I also have a touch over 1% in silver. So 2% physical PMs holding is hardly a bugs position- however I still see the same valid reasons to hold a % in physical PMs and will be bringing percentage back towards 4 or 5% total over the next weeks or months; if this buying time coincides with downwards movement then I'm happy enough.

We also have 4-5% ish in art; would this revelation result Yoshi calling me an art bug now I wonder?

Well that depends on your taste whether I approve.

post-17813-0-92700400-1372182563_thumb.j

On Sunday I bought half a baht in bar form. It's an investment for my 1 year old, he can have it when he's 21. Where do you guys see gold being in 20 years time? Have opened a v. big can of worms?

Edited by jji23

waiting for the end of the world to justify their position.

Just thought I'd pick up on this. ie. those who think we need the "end of the world" for gold to go to levels we expect. (Not saying that's your position Yoshi.)

In any case it is a long term thing, especially if you don't want to lose out in shorter term swings.

It's not about the end of the world financially, just an inevitable result of an unsustainable system that's been in place for only 42 years. (Since Nixon & August 15, 1971)

For those who think gold is about a doomsday thing, encourage you to look at the fundamentals of how the current system works, not often covered by media etc.

http://www.peakprosperity.com/video/223/playlist/153/chapter-7-money-creation

The rest of the "crash course" is an eye opener as well. Not saying everything will be hunky-dory though.

And this from a trader/hedge fund manager who's been harping on for some time about this - Kyle Bass in one of his older letters to his investors in 2009. He rightly asks

"Does Keynes have it right?"

http://zerohedge.blogspot.co.nz/2009/03/deep-thoughts-from-kyle-bass_06.html

Here's an answer for ya

20130621_Keynesisgod.jpg

(from http://www.zerohedge.com/node/475541 )

biggrin.png

Edited by LibertyNinja1776

On Sunday I bought half a baht in bar form. It's an investment for my 1 year old, he can have it when he's 21. Where do you guys see gold being in 20 years time? Have opened a v. big can of worms?

While this is only anecdotal, with guys like Marc Faber saying "for all my life I will never sell my gold" that is one argument saying we see it going up long term.

Others say once the system is "fixed" (easier said than done) gold will decline again. Guys like Mike Maloney (he's got a good youtube video illustrating the monetary system very well) say gold will be the ultimate bubble.

But there's a long way to go in this bubble I think. Just a cyclical downturn/correction in a 13-year secular bull market so far. But money/debt is increasing exponentially (accelerating) and has to - to avoid a deflationary scenario.

Maybe Faber is acknowledging how gold will become/remain a widely popular asset as its outside inflation/taxing and an unstable banking system that could have ongoing problems in different countries.

It should still be worth enough when he is 21 for him to blow it all on a hooker and some weed. Edited by yoshiwara

Comments: Effective close of business 03/19/2013, ETF will be terminated and all unitholders of the ETF will receive the proceeds from the liquidation of the assets, less all liabilities and all expenses incurred in connection with the dissolution of the ETF.'

does anybody think this scenario is a real possibility?

It should still be worth enough when he is 21 for him to blow it all on a hooker and some weed.

The gold will buy the same as it buys today no more and no less it's function as an investment is not to grow but to protect against inflation

It should still be worth enough when he is 21 for him to blow it all on a hooker and some weed.

The gold will buy the same as it buys today no more and no less it's function as an investment is not to grow but to protect against inflation

Dysfunctional in that regard. eg 1980-2005

Simplistic

But rearward views are not always valid indicators of forward direction

But, before you get all excited & call me a goldbug...Let me say I am not claiming any direction

Could say the same (well, opposite) thing about 1976 to 1980 - plenty of change in buying power there!

I don't think anything that can be bid up/down can ever really stay constant. Especially when money is borrowed into existence. While gold isn't thumbsup.gif

But in the long run across centuries it is somewhat true.

But maybe in 1980 or Diocletians time, you could get more than one hooker to go with that weed. tongue.png Then again no reliable history on the fluctuation of that particular commodity.

---

harryfrompattaya, on 25 Jun 2013 - 16:04, said:

---

binjalin said - does anybody think this scenario is a real possibility?

---

Mid-2015 at 850. Unlikely I think.

Goldbugs are gonna really want to see a bounce here, as to me it looks like Gold is very close to what is called a "waterfall pattern".

Started within a couple minutes of posting this. Pretty good call, even if I do say so myself. thumbsup.gif

Yes I noticed that & starting to move in earnest now

Wasn't there a gap up years ago around 1040 to 1200 that never got filled?

I wonder?

Edited by mania

Gold shall come back in 10 years?

If gold does not show a profit at the end of this year it will be the first in 10 years that

it did not. So it may be acceptable. But we have half a year to go. Not that it matters

Will try to remember to check your prediction in 2 years

But you may also be joining the famous VegasVic seer of future gold prices

from the first few pages of this thread in that department.

Predictions are like that 50/50

Why are yo in denial gold is dropping like lead and I am making lots of money I have been telling you this for more than 2 years and all I got is insults from the poor and profits from my trades

Goldbugs are gonna really want to see a bounce here, as to me it looks like Gold is very close to what is called a "waterfall pattern".

Started within a couple minutes of posting this. Pretty good call, even if I do say so myself. thumbsup.gif

I wonder?

I don't think so, but there's a big breakout down under 1000 that's never been tested.

Congratulations ...you called correct on a day trade ....What about the next 6 months ...

Is Gold is indicating deflation ? which means QE has failed ...

What next from Central Banks ...surely higher interest rates are not needed now / Catch 22 facepalm.gif

I wonder?

I don't think so, but there's a big breakout down under 1000 that's never been tested.

Yes perhaps that is the aim to re-test 1000 ?

I wonder?

Yes perhaps that is the aim to re-test 1000 ?

I think that happens eventually. I don't have any predictions.