Is The Maximum Overstay Now 50000 Baht Or Still 20000?

hello everybody

i was wondering if someone can tell me if the maximum amount for overstay is still 20000 Baht?

because i heard that they increased the each-day-fee to 500 Baht and now i'm a little bit confused if the maximum overstay is still 20000 like before or if they also increased the fee to 50000 baht or something?

cause i'm leaving in two weeks and i have the 20000 ready but 50000 would be a bit of a problem.

so i would be nice if someone here could help me with this piece of information cause i don't want this "What? 50000 Baht?"-surprise at the airport.

thanks for any help

let's keep on rollin'

sincerly and whateverly yours

bartholomew

For some time now the policy of immigration has been to collect an overstay fee of 500 Baht per day, maximum 20,000 Baht and based on latest reports in this forum this is still the same.

If you get picked up by the police while on overstay and brought to court the judge will impose a penalty at his discretion in accordance with the law, which stipulates a fine of maximum 20,000 Baht or imprisonment not exceeding two years or both.

--

Maestro

AS bangkokboro says keep your head WELL down and hidden,just hope and pray too God,you are not involved in any disputes,accidents,etc before you depart. :o

Also do not tell anybody about your overstay,not even the taxi driver taking you too the airport,as he could fone the BiB,and get you lifted before you make the airport,as he will be in line for a nice bit of commission. :D

thanks a lot for all the well-meant advice

it took me quite some time to figure out how to find my own post but now i finally found it

so now i finally can say thanks once again and i'll definitly keep my head very well down

all down the well down

but have to sneak out occasionally for my regular dosis of beer chang and sang som

but most definitly i try to avoid any disputes, accidents or comas

for the third and last time thank you all for your help

that's really a very nice forum-thing here

have a nice everything and more

sawasdeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee