Ao Nang (life In July + Burger King And Stuff)?

SpaceCow

Ok, I have seen some pretty awesome pictures from Ao Nang (or more like from the islands near Ao Nang).

1.Any ideas, are those islands good day trip destinations in summer/July since it is the rainy season?

I mean, is the ocean too rocky/wavey for the long tail boats to get to the islands?

2.And what islands are best for day trips in summer (easy boat trip and so on...)?

Not so much after diving, just wanna take pics and relax on a pretty beach and see the nature :D

3. And what good international places/restaurants there are in Ao Nang?

Maybe some italian? or indian? I heard there is Mc Donald (but is there Burger King? I think they have weggie burger is in Burger King but not in Mc

Donald)? Not saying that they are "good international places", but easy maybe... :o

4.Is Ao Nang places (restaurants, shops...) open in July? or more liek closed during the low season?

:D

Ok, I have seen some pretty awesome pictures from Ao Nang (or more like from the islands near Ao Nang).

1.Any ideas, are those islands good day trip destinations in summer/July since it is the rainy season?

I mean, is the ocean too rocky/wavey for the long tail boats to get to the islands?

2.And what islands are best for day trips in summer (easy boat trip and so on...)?

Not so much after diving, just wanna take pics and relax on a pretty beach and see the nature :D

Maybe some italian? or indian? I heard there is Mc Donald (but is there Burger King? I think they have weggie burger is in Burger King but not in Mc

Donald)? Not saying that they are "good international places", but easy maybe... :o

4.Is Ao Nang places (restaurants, shops...) open in July? or more liek closed during the low season?

Is the common thread between the Indian, Italian, and Burger King restaurants the availability of vegetarian food? If so, I wouldn't worry too much about visting Ao Nang if you're a vegetarian - you're not going to be in culinary paradise but your not going to starve either, if all else fails almost any place will cook you a plate of noodles.

How can people come all the way to Thailand and eat at a Burger King.................unbelievable.......

Tip :next door to the police box at Ao-Nang beach is a little local Thai venue. Rickety fold-up chairs and tables but GREAT Pad Thai for 30thb. Huge portion.

Kick's A*s on a 130thb cardiac burger any day of the week.

Huggybear - i came 'all the way' to Thailand years back, but still enjoy the occasional BK. Each to their own.

You could say 'why do people bring their falang gf's 'all the way' to Thailand when there are Thai birds here' - same thing, EACH TO THEIR OWN.

OP - try Navrang Mahal for great Indian food - my mate is veggie and he says their dishes are superb. Sorry Huggybear - i also have an Indian once a week because it is great food - is that ok with you?

Huggybear - i came 'all the way' to Thailand years back, but still enjoy the occasional BK. Each to their own.

You could say 'why do people bring their falang gf's 'all the way' to Thailand when there are Thai birds here' - same thing, EACH TO THEIR OWN.

OP - try Navrang Mahal for great Indian food - my mate is veggie and he says their dishes are superb. Sorry Huggybear - i also have an Indian once a week because it is great food - is that ok with you?

why the tude dude?

<br />
Huggybear - i came 'all the way' to Thailand years back, but still enjoy the occasional BK. Each to their own. <br />You could say 'why do people bring their falang gf's 'all the way' to Thailand when there are Thai birds here' - same thing, EACH TO THEIR OWN.<br />OP - try Navrang Mahal for great Indian food - my mate is veggie and he says their dishes are superb. Sorry Huggybear - i also have an Indian once a week because it is great food - is that ok with you?
<br />why the tude dude?<br />
<br /><br /><br />

P.S.

My only point, and opinion (TO EACH THEIR OWN, right?) is that when you are in Thailand on vacation you should take advantage of the food you do not get at home.

Way overpriced Indian food? Can get at home. Burger King, same. A massive plate of Pad Thai for under 1$ U.S.? Or great seafood than much cheaper at home? Take advantage while you can.

Is that o.k. with you?

<br />
Huggybear - i came 'all the way' to Thailand years back, but still enjoy the occasional BK. Each to their own. <br />You could say 'why do people bring their falang gf's 'all the way' to Thailand when there are Thai birds here' - same thing, EACH TO THEIR OWN.<br />OP - try Navrang Mahal for great Indian food - my mate is veggie and he says their dishes are superb. Sorry Huggybear - i also have an Indian once a week because it is great food - is that ok with you?
<br /><br /><br />

P.S.

My only point, and opinion (TO EACH THEIR OWN, right?) is that when you are in Thailand on vacation you should take advantage of the food you do not get at home.

Way overpriced Indian food? Can get at home. Burger King, same. A massive plate of Pad Thai for under 1$ U.S.? Or great seafood than much cheaper at home? Take advantage while you can.

Is that o.k. with you?

Sorry, I just don't like thai dishes...

Too many times had some nice meat pieces among my vegetarian dishes, not nice, not nice at all :D

And since I am "coming all the way", I would like to eat in places where I don't have to be afraid everytime that is there meat in my plain rice dish this time or not... You get the point right? Or do you think I should just stay away from Thailand if I like to eat something else than thai food?

Sorry if I sound angry, but it's my holiday, my money... And I didn't ask "Do you think I should eat in indian/italian/burger king places or in thai places" :o

<br />
<br /><br /><br />

P.S.

Is that o.k. with you?

Sorry, I just don't like thai dishes...

Too many times had some nice meat pieces among my vegetarian dishes, not nice, not nice at all :D

And since I am "coming all the way", I would like to eat in places where I don't have to be afraid everytime that is there meat in my plain rice dish this time or not... You get the point right? Or do you think I should just stay away from Thailand if I like to eat something else than thai food?

Sorry if I sound angry, but it's my holiday, my money... And I didn't ask "Do you think I should eat in indian/italian/burger king places or in thai places" :o

so let me get this right.....................you are knocking Thai food because you think there was meat in your veg dish (probably tofu) yet you are asking about eating in a Burger King?

Mr. Lob, you are right, case closed.