Border Hopping Limit Time

I dont think anyone here can definitively answer the question , there is no set limit to the amount of "border hopping" you can do.............what i would say is this, your going against the intention of Thai Law which allows for 30 day exemption stamps upon arrival. The exemption stamp is designed for tourists and obviously if you have pages and pages of back to back stamps you are living in the Kingdom as opposed to being a tourist. Take a trip down to Penang as we have already said in your other posted thread and get yourself the appropriate visa.

When i first came to Thailand, i border hopped to penang for almost two years getting 30-day stamps, with the occasional tourist visa in between, and never had any problems !! On my travels, i met many people who border hopped for longer. The trick is not to draw attention to yourself: if you go to penang and get several back to back tourist visas, they stick out like a sore thumb in you passport. If you get 30-day stamps, your passport looks no different to a japanese weekend shopper who comes here every month, and there are many - that is why there's so many japanese department stores here. Unless, the immigration officers checks out every stamp in your book, you're unlikely to have any problems, especially if you cross at several border points.