Safe To Visit Ko Samui/pha Ngan This Weekend?

sas_cars

Hi there,

We are planning to visit Ko Samui/ Pha ngan this weekend. Just read about heavy rain warnings, so I wanna inquire about the seas now a days? Rough? Is it safe to travel to there ? What are the recommendations of recent visitors there

Please advice

Hi there,

We are planning to visit Ko Samui/ Pha ngan this weekend. Just read about heavy rain warnings, so I wanna inquire about the seas now a days? Rough? Is it safe to travel to there ? What are the recommendations of recent visitors there

Please advice

Car ferry or catamaran should be safe, if it's unsafe, they wont sail!

Thanks. Which is the best car ferry service to Samui then? and from which pier?

Car Ferries run between Don Sak on the mainland and Nathon on Samui. They also have service direct to Koh Phangan. Two companies run out of Don Sak, Raja Ferries and Seatran. The latter has more modern ships.

If in fact you are actually arriving by air and enquiring about ferries between Koh Samui and Koh Phangan then the big Catamarans are quite safe and if the weather really is too bad they won't run.

I'll be driving from Bangkok. Infact at first I thought to drive to chumphon, which is a bit near from bangkok, around 500 KM, then hop on lom prahay car ferry to Koh Tao, then from Tao to Samui on another ferry. But after checking, I've found out that lomprahay service from Chumphon to Koh Tao have only 2 trips per day, 7:00 AM and 1:00 PM. Both times seem to be inconvenient for me to be able to reach there driving all this long from bangkok

Just read the news that big waves jolted the donsak area and warning has been issued to Surat-Thani residents about more big waves to follow and sea is quite rough.

Any of you has recently travelled to there yet? any experiences on the rough sea? How's it like now?

Came over on the car ferry from Don Sak last night and there wasn't even a swell. Not sure what that big wave story was about, it was a few days ago, but nothing last night. And, nothing today.