Uk Visa Application For Spouse And Step Child

Hello.

I was hoping one of the experts may be able to advise me a little bit please.

I am currently living in Thailand with my fiancée and we plan to be married soon here in Thailand. I have a seven year old step child

and we have just had a new baby together as well 3 months ago.

We are planning on returning to the UK early next year, where my fiancée will hopefully be returning to her job there after her maternity leave. We met in the UK you see and she was on another visa that expired (Another story) and we wanted to come to Thailand anyways so she could be with her mum and the new baby and I could leave my crappy job.

I don't have a job to go to on my return to the UK, but I can do some work for my father's building business and I plan to start a new business / company for myself as well and hope to become self employed.

I can always find some work doing anything to get us by if need be, when we get back to the UK. We will be living with my parents initially as the house I own will still be rented out for 6 months.

I can't see any real problems with an application (Although you never now with these people!) as we have lived together in the UK met there and now have two children.

The only thing I'm worried about is if they expect me to have some income? My mum and dad have said we can stay with them so we won't have a mortgage to pay or any bills just some money towards food is all. It's a 3 bedroom house and the kids will have one, we will have one and my parents will have one. Not over crowded as the baby is not classed as a person till age one.

And like I said my then wife, the Visa applicant already has a job in the UK waiting for her to go back to.

I have quite a bit of paper work from banks and bills and things, with both our names on it at both our addresses in the UK and here in Thailand. I have no evidence of phone calls or emails to each other, but we have always been together since we met. And I have thousands of digital photos of us all in the UK and here.

Can you see any issues I might face with my income or lack of it or anything I've not thought about?

Many Thanks

Kind Regards.

Edited by cwkid

The other thing I might be able to do is register my new company earlier, online with companies house in the UK, that would get me a company number and VAT number. Then show the VISA immigration people I am a managing director and owner of a new startup company, give them the companies website address and they can see what we are planning on doing etc. Would that fly ?

Edited by cwkid

Can I ask, or recommend that your new baby is registered as a British National, via the Embassay as soon as possible, if you have not already done so, (assuming you are a uk born national?). apply for the new baby's British Passport at the same time (Its fun trying to get the photo). 

Apology if I am considered as stating the obvious, not sure what preps you have done already.

Vinny

Thanks for the reply but I am not sure what this means? e-passport do they also get a normal physical Thai passport?

What is an e-Passport?

It is an electronic passport which contains technical specifications that comply with the standards set out by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO). It differs from a non-electronic Passport via to the following characteristics:

• It contains biometric data such as finger prints and facial features in a contactless integrated circuit which is embedded in all e-Passports.
  • It is readable by the automatic gates at immigration checkpoints which automatically verify that the embedded information matches that of the bearer.