Looking For Renting Apartments In Cm

junki3korean

hey guys,

I`m counting my last days here in sydney as i`m moving to CM begining next year......

i guess the most important thing i would need to do is look for a place before i start going crazy right??

So where do i start where do i go look around?? real estates?? tee nai??

as my finacials are not considered the best i want to find the most basic place at the most basic price :o

all i need i a bed, shower, toilet, and tv nothing more nothing less.

where do i start looking? who do i start asking? what kind of prices am i looking at ??

KHop KHUn MAK KrUb!

andy

Hi Andy.

It's always best to start posts of this type with your budget (max) and preferred location. You see, there are some places here which are so cheap, but no so cheerful, and although they might have a bed, shower, toilet, and tv, you probably wouldn't put a dog in them!

But realistically, there are lots of studio type apartments around the city, both new and old, which are clean and adequate starting from around 4,000 THB/Mo and up. If you plan to get a bicycle, motorbike, or car, then your choices are many. If you are going to reply on Shanks's pony to get around, then you'll be looking for recommendations around a preferred location only.

Be a bit more specific, and you'll probably get a few more replies. Btw, a real estate agent probably won't want to entertain you at the budget end of accommodation. In the mean time, check out:

Chiang Mai Sabai Apartments

Huaykaew Residence

Baan Thai

Good luck

Aitch

where do i start looking? who do i start asking? what kind of prices am i looking at ??

In that segment of the market (basic) there aren't many internet sites you can look at. I recommend you check into a guesthouse first and just go look around in an area you fancy and ask at apartment buildings if they have a room available.

Prices you're looking at are around 2500baht. (non air con) Nicer/newer places will cost a bit more, but you could also spend less if truly desperate.

thanks alot Aitch,

i should have been more specific with my post.......none the less your links are great! giving me a basic idea on what to expect with what type of price.

Most important location.I have been looking through myroomfinder thanks to you and found some nice apartments at nice prices....

not a big selection though for chiang mai......i would rather be somewhere near the old city......but i`ll get myself a bike so shouldn`t be such a big deal.

Huaykaew looks like me.....so i will give them a call... do you know where i can find most listings for rooms???

greatly thanking for your help!

Andy

In that segment of the market (basic) there aren't many internet sites you can look at. I recommend you check into a guesthouse first and just go look around in an area you fancy and ask at apartment buildings if they have a room available.

Prices you're looking at are around 2500baht. (non air con) Nicer/newer places will cost a bit more, but you could also spend less if truly desperate.

thanks winniethebull,

guess i`ll have to get of my ass and physically look for em then.....

do you know where i can find most listings for rooms?

Not sure for budget places, but there are some brand spanking new places opening up around the 5,000 THB/Mo. Including internet and English TV etc. Just imagine that! Not having to lay on a bed that has had a thousand others breaking wind into its mattress :o You can't beat NEW! and they're springing up everywhere.

I'm sure you'll get a few more recommendations from locals before this thread dies.

Goods luck

Aitch

A agree with Drews list however as I have lived in Baan Thai I would say that it is the better of the group. While it is a little older than the Huaykaew Residence its in a better area and the rooms feel better. I seem to remember that Huaykaew charges to use the pool ? I saw both before deciding.

You will need the usual deposits but on the plus side, WETV is free and the wireless internet in my building / floor was fast. Dont get a top floor as you will bake in the heat in the hot season. Ask the residents in there about which builing is best because some complain about noise from some nightclubs.

Just across the road from Baan Thai is a new apartment building that I guess should be opening soon so they will be egar for business.

I do have to admit that I did pass gas on numerous occasions while on the mattress so hopefully you will not get my old room. :o

Why rent an appt? rent a house! You can get houses from about 5,000 up in a nice moobaan. ( townhouse style)

If you move further out of town, you can get crazy deals. I know one farang has a big teak house in san kampheign - views of hills/fields etc.. for 1,000 baht. he spent the difference installing air con, sat TV etc..

just ride through some of the many moobaans, and you will see (Hai Chow) signs - Give rent!

but then again somefolk (maybe single women?) like the security of condos, and farang neighbours.

Edited by UKWEBPRO

ooooh! townhouse does sound really nice but i think i`d feel so lonely in it by myself hey........i`d prefer apartments always people around....

is there any situations that the landlord could jack the price and try make abit of money of me per month cause i`m not thai or does that only happen to tourists buing souvenirs ???

Thanks for the reply guys....

Andy

Loi Kroh is full of dogs, unless of course the last time i looked all the pretty ones were in Patters...

Nurses are the way to go. Sadly no one told me before i hooked up with my GF, but hey, each to his own.

CD biz? hmm. moment of madness. sudden realisation i have to earn some cash now that Mud Island (UK) has gone off the rails, and it isnt quite as simple as nipping back home to refill the coffers.

Luckily my noodle shop has taken off. apparently. Although i still would like to see physical cash proof.

One day i may even host the Thai Visa annual party. Free noodle soup 'n' guts for all!

My retail outlet in town is going well, apart from "koo keign" - competition. bloody popped up like mushrooms to steal my market! Im working on the girlfriend, trying to make her understand its not Jai Rai to buy the same goods, and slash prices, to kill off the newcomers. Well, not very jai rai. Its tricky though... I cant throw my weight around too much.

The funny thing is, mr T is my landlord, and as long as he has cash, im likely to be in business!... :o

Edited by UKWEBPRO

nurses hey??? i guess i need to break me leg then :o

noodles shop owned buy a farang in chiang mai?? where about i will come check it out!

BTW do you guys know "NIMMANHAEMINDA RD" a friend recommended there for accomodation.....a sheek area she says....

Andi

Yup, nurses. Failing that Beer girls/hotel staff. Anything but a Loi Kroh wench.

Noodles are in a staff canteen im afraid, but if you wear an apron and wellington boots, I may be able to sneak you in :o

http://www.mrroomfinder.com/na_detail.php?id=1

Neimenhememehnemnehnm road. This block is nice for the cash. There are many blocks like this in CM.

:D

Edited by UKWEBPRO

nurses hey??? i guess i need to break me leg then :o

noodles shop owned buy a farang in chiang mai?? where about i will come check it out!

BTW do you guys know "NIMMANHAEMINDA RD" a friend recommended there for accomodation.....a sheek area she says....

Andi

Thought you found the sheeks in Dubai...or maybe pattaya :D

Nimblehymen is a very chic area.

Loi Kroh Road does have a few shining stars....it's not all doom and gloom there.

However, to gently steer this wayward thread back on topic....anyone (other than a real estate agent) have any tips for the OP?