New Graphic Card

h90

I think I may buy a 9600 GT or 8800 GTS for my new computer

but there are so many versions:

GT

GTS

GTX

GS

I really don't get which are better which are worse. There are some information on the internet but I am still confused.

Someone has a link to good informations?

I think I may buy a 9600 GT or 8800 GTS for my new computer

but there are so many versions:

GT

GTS

GTX

GS

I really don't get which are better which are worse. There are some information on the internet but I am still confused.

Someone has a link to good informations?

Something like this?

exactly THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!!!

I just bought an Sapphire ATI HD4850 which is currently considered the best value performance card. I picked mine up for 6000Bt in Panthip a couple of months ago. I added an aftermarket cooler because this card is know to get hot idling around 79 degs, with my Thermaltake DuOrb it now idles around 42 degs and now I've overlocked it significantly. I've seen now there are newer versions with better cooling such as the HIS Radeon HD 4850 ICEQ4 TurboX favourably reviewed here. I'm not sure of the prices of the models you mentioned anymore so maybe this is over budget but I thought you'd might be interested. I spent many hours researching and reading reviews before I chose it and I'm very happy with the results.

--damole

damole brings up a good point. For a price to performance the AMD/ATI 4xxx line can't be beat right now. I used to be an ATI zealot, suffering with drivers all the way up through the 9800 Pro line. However, I really got into Linux around then especially the gaming and ATI's Linux drivers made Windows drivers look rock solid! So I ditched ATI for nVidia and have been running them since. However, the reviews I've read seem to indicate that ATI has turned a leaf and has solid drivers on Windows now and seem to be really opening up to F/OSS.

damole brings up a good point. For a price to performance the AMD/ATI 4xxx line can't be beat right now. I used to be an ATI zealot, suffering with drivers all the way up through the 9800 Pro line. However, I really got into Linux around then especially the gaming and ATI's Linux drivers made Windows drivers look rock solid! So I ditched ATI for nVidia and have been running them since. However, the reviews I've read seem to indicate that ATI has turned a leaf and has solid drivers on Windows now and seem to be really opening up to F/OSS.

I can't find much about the 4670 is it any good?

I can't find much about the 4670 is it any good?

Here's a link comparing the 3850, 4670(both ATI), 9500 GT, 9600 GSO, and 9600 GT(last three nvidia). At settings in Crysis that are not console rezzed, it is quite comparable to the 3850. And here's a comparison of the 3850 to the cards you were thinking about earlier.

**Edit**

I generally discount Tomshardware comparisons when they involve ATI cards; the site is quite notrious for using outdated drivers.....but you still get an idea. For instance the spread between the 3850 and the nvidia cards is small in the first link (and demonstrated on other sites), but on Tomshardware it's just the opposite.

Edited by dave_boo