Paypal And Thai Banks

js1

Hi

Apologies if this subject has previously been discussed.

I have set up a new PayPal account, and tried to link it to a Thai bank account. The problem I'm having is verifying the Thai account with the PayPal account, and withdrawing funds to my Thai bank account.

It sounds easy enough right? Follow the instructions... Paypal will withdraw a few Baht from your Bank account, after a few days, check your statement and alongside the transaction there will be a unique 4 digit number linked to that particular transaction. Then you need to enter this 4 digit number in your PayPal account to verify your bank account.

I have tried this several times with no success? It's a bad enough hassle going into my Bangkok Bank branch to get a statement every week, to be treated like I'm mental. The code relating to the transaction is always the same, and doesn't work when i use it to verify the account. The funds in my PayPal account are stuck there, and i cannot withdraw them to my bank account.

I have tried both Bangkok Bank and Kasokorn Bank.

Has anyone managed to do this succesfully? And if so, with which bank? If someone has had success i can open an account at the same bank and try again.

TIA for any help :o

I use Siam Commercial Bank and when faced with this issue I merely rang my bank at HQ and asked for the 4 digit verification code. This was given without hesitation and PayPal was up and running.

Why not just attempt the same course with your own bank?

Good luck

I tried with Bangkok and Kasikorn to no avail. The 4 digit codes wouldn't work, but I didn't telephone, i just got statements printed off in the branches and used the 4 digit number next to the transactions (The only 4 digit numbers there). I will try and find a number for Bangkok Bank and give them a call, maybe they'll be able to help. I didn't previously call as i assumed their telephone banking service wouldn't be up to much. Thanks for the advice.

I also have an acc at SCB. Do you have the phone number handy? I might give them a try.

Thanks again :o

2 years ago I tried the same thing and was told Thailand Banks have no agreement with paypal. Maybe situtation changed, I am glad it worked for The Vulcan. Currently using paypal linked to USA bank but thinking of changing it to SCB.

Hi.

I use Bangkok Bank too, for PayPal, because their "Be1st" Visa Electron card is accepted as opposed to UOB's. I also had to call them and ask for the code as the usual passbook updates/statements only give the bank's own code for the type of transaction, but no details (and it is the DETAIL that you need, i.e. that code).

It's a pain in the ass to get statements for card usage (which would give the required details!) from BB, as it requires you to have "Bualuang i-banking" or whatever that's called, and for THAT you need to fill a lot of requirements, none of which are really explained but i simply gave up on it after waiting 4-5 weeks for FOUR times only to be told (again) that my application was rejected for (insert random BS here).

As for transferring funds from PayPal to your (Thai) bank, i dare say this is not possible at all, according to PayPal: "We currently offer this feature only for U.S. based bank accounts". So best thing to do is, keeping funds in PayPal and use them there for E-Bay or similar.

Best regards.....

Thanh

Edited by Thanh-BKK

I expected these problems in Thailand, applied and received PayPal debit card. It works anywhere in the world, payments or ATM withdrawals...cool stuff. Of course, US based bank account is required, not sure if same rules apply in other western countries.

Hi.

I use Bangkok Bank too, for PayPal, because their "Be1st" Visa Electron card is accepted as opposed to UOB's. I also had to call them and ask for the code as the usual passbook updates/statements only give the bank's own code for the type of transaction, but no details (and it is the DETAIL that you need, i.e. that code).

It's a pain in the ass to get statements for card usage (which would give the required details!) from BB, as it requires you to have "Bualuang i-banking" or whatever that's called, and for THAT you need to fill a lot of requirements, none of which are really explained but i simply gave up on it after waiting 4-5 weeks for FOUR times only to be told (again) that my application was rejected for (insert random BS here).

As for transferring funds from PayPal to your (Thai) bank, i dare say this is not possible at all, according to PayPal: "We currently offer this feature only for U.S. based bank accounts". So best thing to do is, keeping funds in PayPal and use them there for E-Bay or similar.

Best regards.....

Thanh

I regular transfer my Paypal funds to my thailand bank accounts

Pay pal establish new company a year ago in Singapore to pass the US bank regulation so the system now support most of the world, the main problem is the card issuer that concern regarding frauds, this is the main problem, however a small talk with your bank will make it approve faster...

cheers !!!

If you call Bangkok Bank call-center on 026455555, one of the menu options on the voice-prompt system is to obtain a Paypal verification PIN. It took me some time to find this option by listening through all options. Hopefully, this option is still on their voice-prompt system

Simon

Hi.

Best regards.....

Thanh

On this subject,

I've been transferring funds from PAYPAL to my Bangkok Bank account for the last three years. But, as i recall i orignially had my PAYPAL account attahced to a UK bank and then just added another bank account - Bangkok Bank account. It all worked very well.

Hi :o

Thanks for the replies. What i wrote was basically a quote out of a support e-mail reply which i got from PayPal at some stage last year (i can't remember exactly, around the end of last year it must have been) when they told me i could transfer funds from my PayPal balance only to a bank account that is with a U.S. bank. The same by the way for "adding funds" FROM a bank account TO the PayPal account, again this would only work for U.S. based bank accounts.

Maybe that has changed in the meantime (i.e. via Singapore?), i have just simply never tried it again and always used my PayPal balance (if any) for further purchases.

Best regards.....

Thanh

• 1 month later...
Hi :o

Thanks for the replies. What i wrote was basically a quote out of a support e-mail reply which i got from PayPal at some stage last year (i can't remember exactly, around the end of last year it must have been) when they told me i could transfer funds from my PayPal balance only to a bank account that is with a U.S. bank. The same by the way for "adding funds" FROM a bank account TO the PayPal account, again this would only work for U.S. based bank accounts.

Maybe that has changed in the meantime (i.e. via Singapore?), i have just simply never tried it again and always used my PayPal balance (if any) for further purchases.

Best regards.....

Thanh

If you go to the PayPal site, assuming you signed up with a Thai address, and choose to Add Funds, it lets you link to a bank account. You can choose a drop down box of either Thailand or the US. The Thai drop down box lists about 20 Thai banks (in Thai language). Looks like paypal lets people link to Thai Bank accounts.

I haven't done it yet though.

Here's their fee schedule:

PayPal Fee Schedule

If you follow the links on the fee schedule you'll see special fees for Thailand, as well as other countries , for cross border payments and multiple currency transactions.

but they're setup to deal with Thailand on the website so I imagine people are using paypal here - though it looks like PayPal is getting a good cut.

Merry Christmas!

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cm...ay-fees-outside

Edited by phormio

Looking at moving funds from Irish bank to Thai bank via PayPal. Not clear to me from PayPal web site if this is cheaper than using interbank transfer or Western Union.

anyone have experience of transferring money using PayPal?

Why don't you get PayPal debit MasterCard and withdraw money at any ATM oversea?

At least I do this way, very convenient.

This is interesting.....

I have UK debit card, and Kasikorn Bank (Visa Electron card).

So if I register both with my PayPal account - i can effectively move funds?

Cheaper than Bank Transfer? Or Western Union?

Or, call me a big galloot if I've missed the plot!

:o

I am talking about actual PayPal Card. You can use your funds from paypal account through payments or ATM withdrawals worldwide.

aff-paypal-debit-card.jpg