Did I Miss The Immigration At Samui Airport?

Ted

I flew from overseas into Thailand, changed planes at Bangkok and then onto Koh Samui. I was stamped into Thailand at Bangkok and then goto on my connecting flight. Suprised that when I arrived at Samui I just picked up my bags from the belt and got into a cab.

Is this normal or did I miss an Imigration check at Samui airport? I guess I'm already stamped in the system and have the visa issued but suprised there was no check on entry to Samui. Does this happen with all domestic flights in Thailand?

I flew from overseas into Thailand, changed planes at Bangkok and then onto Koh Samui. I was stamped into Thailand at Bangkok and then goto on my connecting flight. Suprised that when I arrived at Samui I just picked up my bags from the belt and got into a cab.

Is this normal or did I miss an Imigration check at Samui airport? I guess I'm already stamped in the system and have the visa issued but suprised there was no check on entry to Samui. Does this happen with all domestic flights in Thailand?

Yeah, bummer, huh? :o

What about a connecting international flight - You can walk from international arrivals in bangkok to domestic departures from bangkok to samui without going through immigration . On arrival at Samui it seems one has to seek out immigration to get a stamp and very easy to miss if you are not aware , what happens then ?

Edited by churchill

What about a connecting international flight - You can walk from international arrivals in bangkok to domestic departures from bangkok to samui without going through immigration . On arrival at Samui it seems one has to seek out immigration to get a stamp and very easy to miss if you are not aware , what happens then ?

I don't think you can.You have to go through a special gate.You first have to get your boarding pass from BKK Air or Thai,then get paper work checked by special counter ,then through immigration, then you can go to concourse A.

If you have manged to elude all of the above,well I don't know what to say.

i think you've just got jetlag.you said you already got stamped into thailand at BKKa/p,so why would you need to go through immigration again at Samui a/p.

Best to double check that you have the completed Arrival/departure card stapled in to your passport otherwise you will have a serious problem when it's time to leave.

Thanks everyone!

I guess whilst I didn't expect to get another stamp I expected someone to at least look at the passport. I'm sure I've had to do this with dometics elsewhere. Anyway I'm not going to knock it :o

churchill, Roo is right, you have no choice but to pass through immigration at BK.

Having fun in Samui by the way :D