Customs Duty Stamp - Page 18

LivinLOS

Customs Duty stamp - Page 18  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The big bikes in LOS which dont need tax info on page 18 seem to have a code in page 4, the bike info page

Of course they have a code somewhere in the book.Otherwise every car or bike bought in thailand should need tax info on page 18.Have you ever seen any new car bought at an official dealership in thailand having tax info printed on page 18?However those imported toyota hybrids you can buy in bangkok will all have that info printed.

Don't get it why that is so difficult to understand.

Because some of us have bveen asking on thse forums for months this very question.. Asking customs.. Asking the DMV.. And this is the first time its been spelled out in detail how an end user can know.

If you knew so long why didnt you post it ?? :)

The big bikes in LOS which dont need tax info on page 18 seem to have a code in page 4, the bike info page

Of course they have a code somewhere in the book.Otherwise every car or bike bought in thailand should need tax info on page 18.Have you ever seen any new car bought at an official dealership in thailand having tax info printed on page 18?However those imported toyota hybrids you can buy in bangkok will all have that info printed.

Because some of us have bveen asking on thse forums for months this very question.. Asking customs.. Asking the DMV.. And this is the first time its been spelled out in detail how an end user can know.

If you knew so long why didnt you post it ?? :)

I didn't know where exactly the code is printed in the book,thanks to Katabeachbum for doing the research,but if one just uses common logic he would know that there must be something in the book which separates an imported bike from a local produce.

Otherwise every car bought at the official dealer would need a print on page 18 also,an I have never seen that either.

• 7 months later...

HI ALL,

I have problems with a New Bike (Yamaha) I Just Bought about 5 months ago. The Bike was bought new in US was imported and Registered By Dealer I bought it from.

Has anyone here used a lawyer who specilizes in Customs / DMV to sort out his Bike Registration Issues ? Can I get His contact details.

Thanks

RCP

Hi

It is NOT the same stamp you get every year, it have to be a special tax stamp, i will get the real one tomorrow or Monday and show it here.

LOS i think what you see in the one i posted it has to be that line, not 100% but will find out. most books have stamp on page 18 BUT it has to be the right stamp.

HD You get Your correct Stamp and Did You Post it ?

Thanks

HI ALL,

I have problems with a New Bike (Yamaha) I Just Bought about 5 months ago. The Bike was bought new in US was imported and Registered By Dealer I bought it from.

Has anyone here used a lawyer who specilizes in Customs / DMV to sort out his Bike Registration Issues ? Can I get His contact details.

Thanks

RCP

Yet another victim of TEERA... :) Bought a new bike and got a recycled book with numbers that don't match. Bummer...

Nice looking Yammie and I wish you luck getting it legalized- I sent you a few ideas via PM and hope you can get it sorted.

Happy Trails!

Tony

HI ALL,

Thanks

RCP

Yet another victim of TEERA... :) Bought a new bike and got a recycled book with numbers that don't match. Bummer...

Nice looking Yammie and I wish you luck getting it legalized- I sent you a few ideas via PM and hope you can get it sorted.

Happy Trails!

Tony

By now, Teera has to be the most notorious bike dealership in Thailand. Recently bunch of Phuket locals even went to their shop at Bypass Rd to seek justice by errr....other means. Alex aka chicken shit went into hiding and left that pony-tailed German idiot to take the blame. Since then, CCTV cameras have been installed.