Any Decent Watering Holes South Of The City

goforit

Just wondering if there any quaint little bars I may be unaware of down around the Hang Dong area anywhere from Tescos to Ban Tawai. Somewhere you can stop in once in a while get a cold one and maybe meet a few of the folk here at TV, rather than having to go into the city.

Just wondering if there any quaint little bars I may be unaware of down around the Hang Dong area anywhere from Tescos to Ban Tawai. Somewhere you can stop in once in a while get a cold one and maybe meet a few of the folk here at TV, rather than having to go into the city.

Hmm, good question. I, along with several other TV members, live in Ban Wang Tan which is between Lotus and Ban Tawai but I cannot think of much out here in the 'boonies'. If you go West from the intersection of Hangdong Rd and the Ring road (1km South of Lotus), there is a string of thatched-roof restaurants/bars between there and the Canal Rd but the chances of running into TV members/farangs are pretty slim.

Good luck and I look forward to the responses you draw..

I think it's a typical case of 'it is what we make it'.. Most people in that area I guess DO go into town, however there's no shortage of bars of any type in that area, along the Canal Road and ring roads. (Middle Ring especially). And it's truly all types, including bar-restaurants with music as well as bars with the cute girls outside and probably a karaoke machine..

Any of those places could easily turn into a place for the South-Of-Town-Farangs to hang out, all it takes is some planning.

That said, I'm not opposed to doing a meet up at Pit Stop..

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai