Where To Buy Distilled Water

CobraSnakeNecktie

You can get it at some drug stores, several along Suthep Road have it and there is a medical supply store on Suthep Road west of the traffic light west of the big hospital on the south side of the street that has it. Do not know the cost. If it is not for medical use, distilled water for batteries is available for about 10 baht a bottle.

Does anybody know where to buy Distilled water? how much does it cost?

No need to buy it. Just get some normal water, boil it then cool it in the fridge. Hey presto, distilled water.....

Boiling it takes out all the impurities.......

• Confused 1

No need to buy it. Just get some normal water, boil it then cool it in the fridge. Hey presto, distilled water.....

bzzzt wrong!!!!

Does boiling tap water make it safe to drink?

Simply boiling water on a stovetop will kill biological contaminants such as bacteria, parasites and viruses. Boiling water will not get rid of salts, heavy metals, or other chemicals which may be present in the water. In fact, many are left behind. As the pure water evaporates into steam, the water left behind in the kettle becomes MORE concentrated with contaminants.

bzzzt wrong!!!!

Does boiling tap water make it safe to drink?

Simply boiling water on a stovetop will kill biological contaminants such as bacteria, parasites and viruses. Boiling water will not get rid of salts, heavy metals, or other chemicals which may be present in the water. In fact, many are left behind. As the pure water evaporates into steam, the water left behind in the kettle becomes MORE concentrated with contaminants.

CobraSnakeNecktie

i agree 100% with what you say, the only way to distill water is to break out the old copper kettle, after converting the water to gas, which escapes through the worm and is water cooled to convert the gas into distilled water.

as anyone who makes moonshine can tell you , the crap that is left behind, is even more concentrated than when you started, you need to know when to switch of your still to stop this residue contaminating the distilled product, usually if not switched off in time the crap being burned off and will start to contaminate the pure clearless water and turn it a chalky milky white colour, this is what gives you a hangover, the impurities. dont get me wrong though, if you drink enough good whisky you will still end up with a hangover.

you could try a medical supply store and buy your own water distiller, although why bother, just buy distilled water from any garage.

if you dont want to but a water distiller, you can easily convert a pressure cooker to do the job

as anyone who makes moonshine can tell you , the crap that is left behind, is even more concentrated than when you started, you need to know when to switch of your still

Ermmm....got any "product", for sale ?!? :o

McG

Had to some chemical testing work once where distilled water was a vital part of the tests. As it turned out, none of the distilled water supplied at gas stations was pure and a lot of it was not as good quality as bottled drinking water (although some brands of that turned out to be quite bad as well). We eventually had to get it from medical quality suppliers. The gas station stuff seems to be plastic bottles filled from wherever and sealed which might explain short battery life here.

• 1 year later...

Thanks, the S.K.Trading guy has it. When I did the search I did not use the quotation marks.I did input distilled water and got lots of results for the water part but nothing dealing with the whereabouts of sales. Thanks again for the help

• 11 months later...

Distilled water is very hard to find in Thailand. In most western countries it is sold at every convience store. Here after 6 months of endless searching I finally just bought my own. It costed me 42,000 baht. I am willing to sell distilled water to anyone who is interested. I am located in chiang mai / chiang dao. Delivery available as well. This is true 100 percent distilled water that I use for my cancer detox therapy. Interested? send me a PM or email at stevenluch at yahoo d o t c om

Distilled water is very hard to find in Thailand. In most western countries it is sold at every convience store. Here after 6 months of endless searching I finally just bought my own. It costed me 42,000 baht. I am willing to sell distilled water to anyone who is interested. I am located in chiang mai / chiang dao. Delivery available as well. This is true 100 percent distilled water that I use for my cancer detox therapy. Interested? send me a PM or email at stevenluch at yahoo d o t c om

since I posted that question I found it in Chiang Mai at the medical supply store on Suthep road. It's at the intersection of Nimmanhemin road.

They sell steam distilled water that is also run thru a carbon filter for taste. It costs 100 baht for 18 liters. The first time its purchased they charge 150 baht extra for the container deposit.

I like it periodically because its really is good for removing impurities in the body.

I would be interested if your competively priced.

Isn't that distilled water they sell all over the place for car batteries, etc. I'm not suggesting it can be used for medical purposes, but "Distilled water is very hard to find in Thailand"...???

Even some PTT stations have it for your car battery. I bought my last bottle there.

I need 750ml's for my new PC build, can you deliver to Pattaya cheaper than the bottle i can buy at my local petrol station ??

The best way to produce pure distilled water:

You need a spare fridge with a large icebox.

Ensure that the icebox is cleaned with hot water containing bio carb.

Turn on the fridge at it`s highest setting. When the frost appears in the icebox, melt the frost, than you have pure distilled water.

I too, pay 12 Baht a bottle. I'd say you over-paid slightly.

Distilled water can be found at Tesco Lotus in the automotive section or at most gas stations. But, if you're planning to drink it (or make some colloidal silver), I would avoid it from these sources. They actually test out to be about 4-5 ppm (using my handy Hanna TDS meter). Unacceptable to me.

A better choice if you want ultra-pure water is Cooly Fresh brand of drinking water found at nearly all 7-11 stores. These come in a clear bottle with a wrap-around green label, and a little blue "yin yang" on the side which denotes that it is R.O. / U.V. water. Tests out to be only 1 ppm!! I use it to make my weekly batch of colloidal silver. Only 12 baht for a 1.5 L. bottle, too. Recommended over that dodgy Thai distilled stuff...

Edited by ballzafire