Need Some Advice - Sinthavee Hotel

sunny747

Deer all, cheers from Sunny. I'll be flying to phuket next week for 2 nights during the week days. I have booked my room at sinthavee hotel. I didn't get any review on this hotel so wondering about the service. I'll be carrying my laptop so is it safe to keep it in the room while i'm away?

how far is patong beach from there? is taxi easy available during night time?

any tips?

thanks for tips.

Deer all, cheers from Sunny. I'll be flying to phuket next week for 2 nights during the week days. I have booked my room at sinthavee hotel. I didn't get any review on this hotel so wondering about the service. I'll be carrying my laptop so is it safe to keep it in the room while i'm away?

how far is patong beach from there? is taxi easy available during night time?

any tips?

thanks for tips.

Sinthavee is a low cost hotel in Phuket town. Why did you select this hotel?

Taxis will be available but will run you some money as you are not really that close to Patong.

As far as security...............I wouldn't leave the laptop in the room. If you need to leave it, I'd say involve the front desk.

My tip would be, pick a different hotel nearer to Patong.

hi again, i choose this hotel coz it is nearer to the city as my work is in the city. is there any security concern in that hotel ? i mean does decent ppl stays there?

i mean i don't want to stay somewhere ppl comes for "short time."

My budget is 500 baht per night. could you recommend any nice hotel?

thanks guys.

hi again, i choose this hotel coz it is nearer to the city as my work is in the city. is there any security concern in that hotel ? i mean does decent ppl stays there?

thanks guys.

O.K., understood, you need to be in Phuket town and you have a limited budget.

With that in mind, you probably made an o.k. choice with Sinthavee.

Sorry to make you concerned regarding security, you should be o.k. As far as I know, it is not a "short-time-sex" hotel. But be smart regarding your laptop. I wouldn't leave it in the room, if you have to leave it behind, check it at the front desk and have somebody sign for it.

thanks guys.

O.K., understood, you need to be in Phuket town and you have a limited budget.

With that in mind, you probably made an o.k. choice with Sinthavee.

Sorry to make you concerned regarding security, you should be o.k. As far as I know, it is not a "short-time-sex" hotel. But be smart regarding your laptop. I wouldn't leave it in the room, if you have to leave it behind, check it at the front desk and have somebody sign for it.

thank you huggy bear. I have to carry my laptop for my work. Anyway, i will make a backup dvd in case anything goes wrong. i'll be working during the day time but at night, i would like to roam around so don't want to carry that heavy laptop everywhere i go.

quite relax about the hotel now.

thanks so much.

sunny747, this hotel looks quite respectacle to my eyes. I don't think you have any worries about this hotel. Just use common sense and best to lock your PC away. Day time you can get a public bus to Patong for 30 baht. Buses stop at 18.00 and taxis can be a real rip off price, as much as 500 baht, or more.

sunny747, this hotel looks quite respectacle to my eyes. I don't think you have any worries about this hotel. Just use common sense and best to lock your PC away. Day time you can get a public bus to Patong for 30 baht. Buses stop at 18.00 and taxis can be a real rip off price, as much as 500 baht, or more.

thank you livingkata............taxi means tuktuk? no taxi meter? i can speak fair bit of Thai does that make me little local? :o

if i go to paton beach obviously i'll be late coming back to the hotel. so no other option?

It's possible to get a meter taxi in Phuket town, about 200 baht (maybe less) to Patong. But Tuk Tuk mafia rule in Patong and meter taxis cannot cruise for fares. Maybe you could phone the meter taxis to be collected in some low profile spot in Patong, if the driver is brave enough.

It's possible to get a meter taxi in Phuket town, about 200 baht (maybe less) to Patong. But Tuk Tuk mafia rule in Patong and meter taxis cannot cruise for fares. Maybe you could phone the meter taxis to be collected in some low profile spot in Patong, if the driver is brave enough.

hmmm i better hire a car. I checked it is around 1200 baht per day which is okai. I have thai license/ work permit so shouldn't be a problem. if i go to patong, perhaps i can park in the shopping center near patong which i have seen on google map.

But do i have to be depended on tuk tuk mafia from airport to my hotel?

thank you so much for your support and it is really helpful when you are in the new city.

hmmm i better hire a car. I checked it is around 1200 baht per day which is okai. I have thai license/ work permit so shouldn't be a problem. if i go to patong, perhaps i can park in the shopping center near patong which i have seen on google map.

But do i have to be depended on tuk tuk mafia from airport to my hotel?

Parking is a nightmare in Patong. The basement car park of Jungcylen shopping mall is a good solution, and not so expensive.

It's the airport taxi mafia you have to get past. Way out in the airport car park there is a meter taxi stand. I always recommend taking the trouble to support these guys, although even they are trying to make a price and not turn on the meter.

• 2 weeks later...

was going to start a new topic with my question, but perhaps I can simply add to this one.....

has been a few years since I was last in Phuket...so hoping for some locals knowledge :o

I will be going to the Phuket airport from Kata/Karon beach area, and wondering how much time I should allow for traffic and such in getting there?

it will be a Friday evening, around the normal Bangkok rush hour period (need to be at airport by 7 or 730pm)

thoughts?

many thanks in advance.....