Fertilizer

catwho

Just wondering if the price has fallen with the oil price as we will plant cassava when we pull the maize out next month and leave that in till july,

also whats maize price at the moment,we are still in pattaya so not getting out of town much now.till dec.

thanks

cat

Just wondering if the price has fallen with the oil price as we will plant cassava when we pull the maize out next month and leave that in till july,

also whats maize price at the moment,we are still in pattaya so not getting out of town much now.till dec.

thanks

cat

I bought 10 50kg bags of 46-0-0 in Ban Phue two weeks ago and the price was still 1350 baht, which is the same I paid 3 months earlier...I have not seen any significant price reductions..

Stoneman

No - not as yet - and for much the same reason as forecourt prices have not yet dropped much: but as these lower price oil contracts start landing in Thailand (and start getting processed and used) we can expect to see a drop in fertilser prices - the more Nitrogen in the fertilser the bigger the drop will be (sorry - should be).

Unlike fuel prices which are state determined, fertrilser production is by and large a private industry, and it will be interesting to see if the producers do indeed pass the savings onto farmers. Sadly, like agricultural feed prices (which are "cartel'd"- despite the illegality of the practice, and the denials given by the big players - I know: they forced me into playing ball), I strongly suspect the fertiliser industry is cartel'd and farmers are not going to see a comensurate drop.