Tramadol

jyckowitz

Amanda® [cap]

Unison [ Medline ]

MIMS Class : Analgesics (Opioid)

Contents Tramadol

Indications Moderate to severe acute & chronic pain, painful diagnostic measures & surgery.

Dosage Adult & childn >14 yr 150-200 mg/day. Max: 400 mg/day.

Administration May be taken with or without food

Contraindications Acute intoxication w/ alcohol, hypnotic, analgesic or psychotropic drugs.

Special Precautions Hypersensitivity to opioids. May impair ability to drive or operate machinery.

Adverse Drug Reactions Sweating, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, dry mouth, fatigue, hypotension.

Drug Interactions Potentiates effects of alcohol, sedatives, hypnotics & psychotropic drugs.

Category C: Either studies in animals have revealed adverse effects on the foetus (teratogenic or embryocidal or other) and there are no controlled studies in women or studies in women and animals are not available. Drugs should be given only if the potential benefit justifies the potential risk to the foetus.

MIMS Class

Analgesics (Opioid)

ATC Classification

N02AX02 - Tramadol ; Belongs to the class of other opioids. Used to relieve pain.

Poison Schedule

D

Distributor: Medline

Source: MIMS Thailand

Most any pharmacy will carry it. My wife takes it daily.

I buy a box which has 10 sleeves with 10 capsules each (100 capsules total) and pay 400 baht. Phamachist knows me and have been buying for over a year - so get a good deal. Plus, it's a little town outside of Chiang Mai (items are way cheaper). At first I was paying 500 baht, but then started to buy 2 boxes at a time - therefore the better deal.

Go to a Thai Pharmacist, the ones with all the big bottles.. Always much cheaper...

Tramadol 50mg capsules... 1x plastic pot of 500 made by Pharmaland Co Ltd, Bangkok, I pay 320 baht..... YES 320 baht for 500.

another I get Metformin 500mg [in a western type Phamachist cost 20 - 25 baht for a strip of 10] I buy 500 tablets for 198 baht [Glucolyte by T.O Chemicals Ltd, Bangkok]

Tramadol is not opiate based analgesic

From Wikipedia: Tramadol (INN) (pronounced /ˈtræmədɒl/) is an opioid which is a centrally acting analgesic, used for treating moderate to severe pain.

Are Opiods and Opiates the same thing?

Also: Tramadol is associated with the development of a physical dependence and a withdrawal syndrome.

(dam_n!)

I was taking tramadol for 6 month after an operation,good pain killers but hard to get off them.

For a week after I stopped taking them I had flu like symptons.suppose was was doing a bit of cold turkey.They are a synthetic opiate used as a strong pain killer.

They work for some, for some others they aren't effective. They can cause severe nausea and some people will start throwing up immediately after taking them. They should be taken after food.

You can buy them at the pharmacy on the ground floor near the supermarket at Central Chitlom. 800 Baht for 30 pils (Tramal Retard 100mg tablets)

Tramadol is not opiate based analgesic

From Wikipedia: Tramadol (INN) (pronounced /ˈtræmədɒl/) is an opioid which is a centrally acting analgesic, used for treating moderate to severe pain.

Are Opiods and Opiates the same thing?

Also: Tramadol is associated with the development of a physical dependence and a withdrawal syndrome.

(dam_n!)

Sorry, lack of clarity. Opiates is a term forall the derivatives of opium including morphine and codiene. Opioids are chemical based substances that have outcomes similar to opiates.

I was wrong about tramadol in the sense that it is in fact a drug that allthough synthetic has in fact general charachteristics of opiates. These include mild addiction.

Sorry. :o

Tramadol is an analgesic ( and anti-diorhaea (?)) drug that falls in stronger strength bracket than basic paracetomol and codiene but lower than drugs such as dhc continus which is also synthetic but much stronger and therefore more addictive.

A note on all analgesics. The longer you use them the more chance there is of some form of addiction. The stronger the analgesic the greater the chance of addiction along with level of addiction. Long term use of analgesics is never good and should be avoided if at all possible. I understand that chronic pain means that sometimes long term use is necessary but always try to use the least powerfull but effective pain killer.

Edited by benjamat

Most any pharmacy will carry it. My wife takes it daily.

I buy a box which has 10 sleeves with 10 capsules each (100 capsules total) and pay 400 baht. Phamachist knows me and have been buying for over a year - so get a good deal. Plus, it's a little town outside of Chiang Mai (items are way cheaper). At first I was paying 500 baht, but then started to buy 2 boxes at a time - therefore the better deal.

Is this for generic or name brand? In Phuket name brand will cost anywhere from 110-160 baht for 10 pills. Generic run 40-80 baht. Bloody hard to stop taking though be carefull.

I was reading some interesting articles on Tramadol being considered as a fast acting antidepressant (it is structurally very similar to the antidepressant Effexor). Makes sense, and antidepressants are also very hard to come off of, you have to taper off slowly.