Seeking Legal Advice

I have come here from abroad to work for a company.

I have encountered several problems and now seek legal advice.

First of all the company I work for hasn't given me the copy of my contract that I have asked for since the beginning.

I am not being reimbursed for expenses incurred doing business for this company.

I am not being paid overtime.

These are a few examples of what I am dealing with.

Can anybody recommend a good lawyer?

I don't want to go this route but there doesn't seem to be another way as I keep getting the run around.

First of all the company I work for hasn't given me the copy of my contract that I have asked for since the beginning.

I am not being reimbursed for expenses incurred doing business for this company.

I don't want to go this route but there doesn't seem to be another way as I keep getting the run around.

Not a company in Software Park is it ?

What kind of work are you doing - perhaps it's not legit ?

Do you have a work permit ?

BTW - the overtime is probably normal, a company not reimbursing expenses is probably having cash-flow problems.

I don't think a lawyer is going to help much - especially if you want to continue working there.

Not a company in Software Park is it ?

What kind of work are you doing - perhaps it's not legit ?

Do you have a work permit ?

BTW - the overtime is probably normal, a company not reimbursing expenses is probably having cash-flow problems.

I don't think a lawyer is going to help much - especially if you want to continue working there.

I have a work permit.

The work is legal don't want to discuss particulars as this is a public forum and this is a legal matter.

In my contract expenses were to be paid.

The company doesn't have cash flow problems just owner that believes he is above the law.

In Thai labour law it is stated that work day is 8 hours and over time must be paid.

These are actually some of the minor problems I am facing.

The major one I don't wish to discuss here as it is a business matter and should best be discussed with a lawyer.

I am still working at the company.

The company won't give me a copy of my contract.

I know I should have had a copy from the beginning and I did but revisions were being made to my specs while I had already started.

I have requested repeatedly but to no avail.

What is the number to the Ministry of Labour?

In order to get your work permit your employers will have had to submit your contract of employment and a description of your duites/renmeration etc to the department of labour.

I have personally had problems with my employer when assigned in Thailand and I know only too well how diffuicult it can be to sort things out. Particularly if there is a quue of people ready and willing to take your place. It is a situation that many employers take advantage of, but more often a situation the managers abuse without the authority of the company.

I'm not going to ask for further details above those you have provided so forgive me if some of the following does not apply.

If you were employed outside of Thailand and then moved to Thailand it is likely that there is still a contract between you and the external employer - Contact them for clarrification of the contract.

If you are employed in Thailand by a wholly Thai company then my first step would be to write to your manager and the personnel department and ask for you work contract. Word the letter in a manner that implies that they may have forgotten as opposed to a direct confrontation, but ask that you would like to receive your contract by a specified date - say 14 days.

If there is no response, contact a lawyer and ask the lawyer to advise the best route (letter to the company/approach to labour ministry).

The labour ministry tend to take a consilitory role and will generall listen to both sides, in the case of a contract that has not been issued they will almost certainly instruct your employers to comply.

However, do not complicate issues too much

First step contract, then address issues relating to compliance to the contract.