Uninstaller

Daffy D

I am currently using the free Revo Uninstaller which works great. It has several layers of uninstalling from the basic uninstall that comes with the program you want to uninstall right down to checking for the leftovers in the registry.

This is good if you know what you are doing but when it says “ARE YOU SURE – THIS PROCESS IN NOT REVERSABLE” or something like that I get a bit nervous in doing a deep registry scan for leftovers.

I seem to remember a program I came across some time ago that monitored every install so when it came to do an uninstall it knew exactly what to delete without the “ARE YOU SURE” message.

As I remember this only works with new installs as the program has to do the monitoring to know where everything is going so as to find it again.

Anybody know of such a program or is it something I just dreamt about. :o

Ashampoo used to make something although it was very slow and not much fun to use, and it ain't free. I don't use it any more put it that way. I prefer to clear up mess afterwards with a reggie cleaner. I've just started using Advanced system care free after a recommendation from this site- seems to be working nicely and a nice bit of kit, does a lot of stuff and I notice does have an uninstaller, tho' I've not used it. Anyway links are here:

Ashampoo

ASC free

Is that OK? I can't remember the rules. If not mods please delete links- they're both easy to find on google anyway.

I regularly use CCleaner and AWC as well as a few other system/ reg cleaners from time to time.

They always clear out a load of stuff including I hope uninstalled leftovers, but I was just remembering about this program that was dedicated to monitoring installs and thought it would be interesting to give it a try.

I did play around with Ashampoo long time ago but gave it up for some reason that I can’t now remember but don’t think that was the program I’m thinking about.

Thanks for your inputs any further ideas welcome

:D

Slip - Just checked the Ashampoo link and looks like the thing I'm looking for, will see if I can find a trail download and give it a test drive Thanks

:o

Edited by Daffy D