Stockmarket Trading, Forex, Commodities.

Just covered my 200 CAD June 2014 short contracts at .9068; hit the bottom within .002. The CAD then climbed to .9111 within a few minutes so I am lucky. Within the week, I am now up $74,000 or 2,150,000 baht. Its about research and backtesting to know how the CAD$ reacts to US job numbers. Nothing more. You might say luck has something to do with it but I am more than lucky...I am damn good at what I do.

Maybe I should dedicate the first ride in my new airplane to PCA.smile.png Thank to him, I did the opposite and let it ride rather than tap out yesterday at .9089. An extra $42,000 for a days waiting isn't bad.smile.png

This is what futures are about. Incredible highs, better than any sex and you feel on top of the world with these paydays!

Edited by Whereustay

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi,

Reading through many posts I see you guys are seasoned traders and wondered if anyone could advise a good course to study for a beginner interested in Forex trading.

Being in Thailand which broker would you consider to be the best with functionality and funding via a Thai Bank account.

Thanks

Hi,

Reading through many posts I see you guys are seasoned traders and wondered if anyone could advise a good course to study for a beginner interested in Forex trading.

Being in Thailand which broker would you consider to be the best with functionality and funding via a Thai Bank account.

Thanks

That's a tough call because successful traders don't need the money so therefore they have no need to derive an income from teaching or being an author. I could certainly take a few hours of my time to show you the basics if you live around BKK but what is your general knowledge of currency markets now?

The best broker for me is interactive brokers.com They execute perfectly every time, have offices worldwide and are one of the top brokerages for reputation. Their rates are very competitive. It may be easier to utilize a western bank and then do wire transfer to your Thai bank. I do it this way and its problem free.

Hi,

Thanks

That's a tough call because successful traders don't need the money so therefore they have no need to derive an income from teaching or being an author. I could certainly take a few hours of my time to show you the basics if you live around BKK but what is your general knowledge of currency markets now?

The best broker for me is interactive brokers.com They execute perfectly every time, have offices worldwide and are one of the top brokerages for reputation. Their rates are very competitive. It may be easier to utilize a western bank and then do wire transfer to your Thai bank. I do it this way and its problem free.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I am afraid I have very little knowledge so need to start from the very basics. I presently live in Sattahip but do occasionally go to BKK to see my GF.

Presently I only have Thai bank accounts apart from an inactive Halifax account which the card I have is years out of date.

Hi,

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I am afraid I have very little knowledge so need to start from the very basics. I presently live in Sattahip but do occasionally go to BKK to see my GF.

Presently I only have Thai bank accounts apart from an inactive Halifax account which the card I have is years out of date.

Hi,

Thanks

Loads of videos on Youtube will give you an introduction to trading.

Hi,

Thanks

Hi,

Welcome to the thread DrunkenCastaway.

First thing with trading is when you are drunk your confidence grows and mistakes grow with your confidence, w00t.gif

You need to find out what kind of trader you want to be, Are you a position, swing or scalper? Do you need income? and so forth.

I would not pay for any courses on the Internet. If you want to scalp the market I strongly suggest reading a book by Bob Volman, http://www.amazon.com/Forex-Price-Action-Scalping-depth/dp/9090264116. This book is advanced but if you take your time you will pick it up. Steve Nison from Candlecharts .com is a good resource also.

Al Brooks also has some nice price action methods, Stay away from Indicators etc.

I would look at Singapore, HK, Austalia or New Zealand for a broker. Perhaps Malaysia, beware of the plane you get aboard. also. Interactive Brokers are a good broker and cover almost every market and everything you can think of trading. The problem is if you use charts their charting platform its crap and the data is bundled by taking 5 snap shots per second then feeding that data to the platform. Not the best data if you use Tick charts etc.

Have you traded before?

Don't try to take to much on at once. trading is not easy.

Hi,

Thanks

http://www.brookspriceaction.com/viewtopic.php?p=1817

Hi,

Thanks

That link seems not to work.

Where's the PCA= Professional Crap Artist. Post some trades big boy legend. Just one PLEASE.

Hi,

Thanks

That link seems not to work.

Where's the PCA= Professional Crap Artist. Post some trades big boy legend. Just one PLEASE.

The link seems to work again, the site was offline for a while. He updated his website with a new introduction mini course and he runs a live trading room.

http://brookstradingcourse.com/how-to-trade-price-action-manual/ Good stuff for beginner and advanced traders.

Anyone else partake in the recent CAD run-up followed by the sudden reversal following yesterday's job report? I tapped out early at a 1 million baht gain, but could have held on for 3 million....I think some traders made a lot of money yesterday shorting the CAD before the job report was announced. Instant .70% drop...like falling off a cliff.:) Nice to come home to that last night.:)

Hi,

Thanks

Hi,

Interactive Brokers are a good broker and cover almost every market and everything you can think of trading. The problem is if you use charts their charting platform its crap and the data is bundled by taking 5 snap shots per second then feeding that data to the platform. Not the best data if you use Tick charts etc.

agree that IB is very good. have been with them for about 13 years. however, i use a separate charting platform and data provider.

• 2 months later...

Hi guys, I know this seems a long thread and would possibly takes weeks to read through it, but I will scan bits of it.

Anyway I to am also looking to do some forex trading. I have always been keen to do trading of some sort and I even had a few accounts setup years ago but that was on the stock market, this time I am looking at the forex trading. Well I been playing about with a few demo accounts and done tons of reading and video watching and I am thinking about going for it with a live account. Based on the demo account I only did small trades to simulate my live account and I was turning in ok profits like 250-350 USD per day doing scalping and holding on to a couple longer terms. Well I want to move to a live account and had a couple questions for you frequent traders.

1. As a beginner would it be reasonable to aim for 100USD profit per day going with scalping pips here and there but more carefully in a live account?

2. I been using etoro, zulutrade and hotforex trading platforms, I prefer hotforex as it works easiest for me and I see what is happening, but would you suggest another platform / broker?

Well any comments welcome I listen to everything.

Cheers

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Am going to start posting a few currency trades. These will be from the daily charts and 4hr. This system has been getting 77% correct over the past yr. . Risk is .5 to 1% of account. Always targeting 3:1

Trade 1.

Buy Limit EUR/CAD

Buy 1.4310 Stop 1,4800 Target 1.44445

Trade 2 . GBPNZD

Buy Limit @ 2.3679 Stop 2.3629 Target 2.3807

Edited by Paulo1

Am going to start posting a few currency trades. These will be from the daily charts and 4hr. This system has been getting 77% correct over the past yr. . Risk is .5 to 1% of account. Always targeting 3:1

Trade 1.

Buy Limit EUR/CAD

Trade 2 . GBPNZD

GBPNZD has missed entry twice by one pip. Prefer to remove this order.

EURCAD has moved towards our target without triggering an entry, cancel this order also.

Trade 1.

Buy Limit EUR/CAD

Trade 2 . GBPNZD

EURCAD has moved towards our target without triggering an entry, cancel this order also.

Nice to see you still active Paulo...

Trade 1.

Buy Limit EUR/CAD

Trade 2 . GBPNZD

Hi Chivis,,

Most trading Dax, ES YM, TF ZN, ES GC and CL , and others here and there. FX is about 20% OF THE PORTFOLIO.

How you doing?

Buy Limit GBPJPY @ 193.020/06 Stop 192.49 Target 194. 238

Buy Limit GBPCAD @ 2.04650 Stop: 2.04410 Target 2.05770

Sell Stop EURGBP @ 7006 Stop 7037 Target 6942

Edited by Paulo1

Trade 1.

Buy Limit EUR/CAD

Trade 2 . GBPNZD

Hi Chivis,,

Most trading Dax, ES YM, TF ZN, ES GC and CL , and others here and there. FX is about 20% OF THE PORTFOLIO.

How you doing?

Great thanks.....

Nice and steady on dax cac and ftse as always. Been good year to date

Edited by Chivas

Chivas,

I enjoy trading the Dax mostly. its so fast. Are you trading futures or other?

Am watching the Kiwi tonight with Global Milk Auction and data later on.

Edited by Paulo1

Buy Limit GBPJPY @ 193.020/06 Stop 192.49 Target 194. 238

Buy Limit GBPCAD @ 2.04650 Stop: 2.04410 Target 2.05770

Sell Stop EURGBP @ 7006 Stop 7037 Target 6942

GBPJPY not triggered. Remove pending order.

GBPCAD triggered and in profit 63, move up was around 90 +. Unfortunately if anyone took this trade and used the stop of 2.04410 would have been stopped. My fault for putting in the incorect numbers stop meant to have been 1.04140 which held. Whoooops.

EURGBP triggered for a max move 17 pips currently holding 9 pips profit . move stop to 7019

EURUSD. At this moment it isn't certain that support 1 will hold, since the price action is contained in a bull wedge a final outbreak to the upside to test the 2008 resistance is most likely. An exhaustion bear run to support 2 (parallel of March 2013 bull trendline) before the final outbreak when support 1 don't hold. When support 2 don't hold, previous low and support 3 become focus points. Many scalps and swings on the way up and down.

attachicon.gifScreen shot 2014-01-23 at 12.36.39 PM.png

Nice Chart. \Good info

EURUSD

On the monthly chart take note of the Shooting Star horizontal resistance and TL resistance from July 2008 high 1.6055 then may 2011 now being hit at dec 2013. This area is huge, as the monthly candles are now showing a double top Shooting Star with a Engulfing Pattern , ( 7 trading days to months end , \so not confirmed yet.) If this happens I think we see about 1000 pip downside. Pretty simple plan. My entry on the daily or 4hr chart will be.

Sell Limit @ 50% retrace of monthly candle near 1.3630/50 Stop above monthly high, and target monthly bottom TL @ 1.2765 and then with a break of that 50% fib @1.2100

Has produces more than 3000 pips. More including scalps, still have one open position from 1.3783.

post-49444-0-84477400-1438735321_thumb.p

post-49444-0-93874800-1438736734_thumb.p

Edited by Paulo1