Thanksgiving Dinner In Bangkok

Saudade

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knew of a restaurant (preferably sukhumvit area) that has a thanksgiving dinner?

I appreciate the advice!

Most of the major hotels on Sukhimvit do Thanksgiving dinner. My favorite over the years is always the Sheraton Grande or the JW Marriott. Call and make a reservation as it does book out.

Bourbon St. Restaurant & Oyster Bar in Washington SQ do a great all you can eat buffet for 899 Bht ++ on Thurs 27 Nov from 12 noon to 10:30 pm and Fri 28 Nov from 6 pm to 10:30 pm

go to there web site at bourbonstbkk.com for full menu and location map ..nearest BTS Prom Phong next to Emporium shoping centre

Was great last year with a lively fun group of people

Bully's Pub near Suk 4 always has a buffet, usually well reviewed....

And, last year, I ate at the Atrium Cafe at the Landmark Hotel between Sois 4 and 6, which is a great atmosphere, very good service and enormous selection. No skimping on anything, and continually well-stocked.

Last year, the Landmark was having a 40 or 50% off promotion if you used a Platinum visa card. So I think the original price of their Thanksgiving buffet was at or above 1000 baht per person, but ended up down around 600 baht that day after the discount, which was a very good deal.

Haven't checked yet on their pricing for this year, or if any related promotions are running.

Bully's Pub near Suk 4 always has a buffet, usually well reviewed....

And, last year, I ate at the Atrium Cafe at the Landmark Hotel between Sois 4 and 6, which is a great atmosphere, very good service and enormous selection. No skimping on anything, and continually well-stocked.

Last year, the Landmark was having a 40 or 50% off promotion if you used a Platinum visa card. So I think the original price of their Thanksgiving buffet was at or above 1000 baht per person, but ended up down around 600 baht that day after the discount, which was a very good deal.

Haven't checked yet on their pricing for this year, or if any related promotions are running.

JFC, you have a Platinum Visa??? Can I borrow it later this month? :o

Anyone know if you can get a cooked turkey, stuffing, etc. deal delivered from Villa (or Tops or Foodland or..)?

I know they all do this at Christmas time...is it available at Thanksgiving as well

Not sure about delivery but Villa supply cooked turkey at Thanksgiving can call them at 02-662-1000 ext 203 and ask

Anyone know if you can get a cooked turkey, stuffing, etc. deal delivered from Villa (or Tops or Foodland or..)?

i came across this link yesterday, click on "especially for the season"...

anyone want to invite me to thanksgiving dinner? (blinks eyelashes fetchingly)... pissup maybe?

JFC, you have a Platinum Visa??? Can I borrow it later this month? :o

Just can't get away with anything with you...huh James??? :D

I know you're teasing...but for everyone else... Visa Platinum cards these days as about as common as foreclosures in the U.S., which is to say, everybody and their mother has them... Not quite what the name/precious metal choice implies...

Later today, I did check the Landmark's web site, and they have a variety of restaurant promotions running, including one for I believe a group of four or more for their buffet. But nothing specifically mentioning or relating to their Thanksgiving buffet, at least that I could find now one week ahead.

I'm sure they will be doing one, but it may be at regular rack rates this year, unless someone else knows something different.

I know they all do this at Christmas time...is it available at Thanksgiving as well?

Hi, we do ..... our first deep fried Turkey went out last Sunday and we will deliver up until Thanksgiving - hot and ready to carve + all the trimmings are also available

click here for more information cick onto seasonal offers

Later today, I did check the Landmark's web site, and they have a variety of restaurant promotions running, including one for I believe a group of four or more for their buffet. But nothing specifically mentioning or relating to their Thanksgiving buffet, at least that I could find now one week ahead.

I'm sure they will be doing one, but it may be at regular rack rates this year, unless someone else knows something different.

The atrium restaurant will be offering their "come 4 pay 2" deal for Nov 27th Thanksgiving. The price is 1300 baht net incl tea/coffee - no drinks

What about a reasonably priced Thanksgiving dinner or buffet in the Sathorn/Silom area? We used to go to Pantip Court in Sathorn 1, but I think they no longer have the buffet. By reasonably priced I suppose around 1000 baht a head.

Agreed. Too many of these posts must be by rich executive types. Poorer members should

be able to get turkey dinner even at 600Baht..I remember seeing something like that in Chang Mai.

Stop the rip-offs!

What about a reasonably priced Thanksgiving dinner or buffet in the Sathorn/Silom area? We used to go to Pantip Court in Sathorn 1, but I think they no longer have the buffet. By reasonably priced I suppose around 1000 baht a head.

Agreed. Too many of these posts must be by rich executive types. Poorer members should

be able to get turkey dinner even at 600Baht..I remember seeing something like that in Chang Mai.

Stop the rip-offs!

:o

600 Baht, hillarious. Perhaps if Big John's is still open on Ekkamai, try there.

Failing that, message me after the day and I will see what leftovers I can scrape together for you for say 300 baht a plate!

Do they even raise turkeys in this country? If they don't (as I suspect) means they are imported from Australia or USA I would guess.

As these heavy bastards are likely airfreighted as opposed to coming via the slow boat, it all adds to the cost.

Gobble gobble.

Joke of the day - How do you make a dead turkey float? A scoup of ice-cream and a scoup of dead turkey.

For the economy minded among us (affectionately also known as Cheap Charlies... :o )

The Silver Dollar Bar in Washington Square is serving their Thanksgiving Dinner from 1 to 9 pm on both next Thurs and Friday. The deal is not a buffet, but is dinner servings of turkey with trimmings and desert. Price is 380 baht per person.

And don't forget, for a bit more, with the special "4 people eat for the price of 2" that the Atrium Cafe at the Landmark Hotel is having for their buffet, the regular price of about 1,300 baht per person ends up getting cut in half to about 650++ -- assuming you go as a party of four.

And I can attest from personal experience last year, they serve a great Thanksgiving buffet dinner at the Landmark's Atrium... Certainly a bit pricey at 1300 per person. But quite a deal if you can arrange the half price offering...

Stop the rip-offs!

600 Baht, hillarious. Perhaps if Big John's is still open on Ekkamai, try there.

Failing that, message me after the day and I will see what leftovers I can scrape together for you for say 300 baht a plate!

Do they even raise turkeys in this country? If they don't (as I suspect) means they are imported from Australia or USA I would guess.

As these heavy bastards are likely airfreighted as opposed to coming via the slow boat, it all adds to the cost.

Gobble gobble.

Joke of the day - How do you make a dead turkey float? A scoup of ice-cream and a scoup of dead turkey.

Well I only said a turkey dinner and not a buffet so as

pointed out this is quite doable..... Sure things are imported

but tell me why the price is marked up 100 percent more than

westernized countries that also import..For example , in Korea

the average wage (including foreigners) is roughly 60,000 baht (2000 bucks but now unclear with

the financial crisis) and a turkey dinner is also roughly

1200 Baht..Turkey is imported there too.

Here the average wage is half that ,at least for farng. Unless you are a rich executive type! :D

And still we have to pay 1200 baht?

I maintain greedy rip-offs at work!

PS: save your scraps , I'm headed to the silver dollar bar..

Edited by BugJackBaron

Stop the rip-offs!

What would you like a male or female bird?

post-46350-1227242323_thumb.jpg

post-46350-1227242342_thumb.jpg

Stop the rip-offs!

Gobble gobble.

the average wage (including foreigners) is roughly 60,000 baht (2000 bucks but now unclear with

Here the average wage is half that ,at least for farng. Unless you are a rich executive type! :D

Why? do you realise that DHL , FED EX etc fly non-stop to Korea? Not many food importing companies here I bet use TG to fly Turkeys from the West Coast of the USA.

Tarrifs and duties? Gotta protect Thailand's growing wine (oops wrong topic) I mean turkey industry.

Other things to consider, with a very sizeable US military presence in Korea, the demand for gobble gobble is no doubt much higher than here so just guessing something to do with quantity / pricing.

Anyways, if its only once a year, perhaps have one less round at the Silver Dollar and your turkey won't seem so expensive.

:D

As mentioned above, Villa Markets in BKK are offering cooked turkeys... Saw a promo billboard in their Suk Soi 11 store the other day, with a phone number to call for more info... Someone has posted that number above here in this thread...

Also...from out and around on the Internet.... (never been to this place, but I'd imagine it would be pretty good, based on reputation...)

Thanksgiving Buffet Dinner @ Cafe De Nimes In Grand Sukhumvit By Sofitel

On Thursday 27th November 2008

No cooking. No dishes. No mess. At our traditional Thanksgiving dinner, you’ll have plenty of reasons to give thanks and enjoy the evening. We bring the gourmet cuisine of home cooking to our dinner buffet, with the traditional Thanksgiving carvery fare of roasted turkey, imported beef prime rib, baked ham, pumpkin pie, maple chocolate tart and lots more.

Dinner from 6.30 – 10.00 p.m.

at only Baht 790 ++ per adult and Baht 395 ++ per child

(Reservation recommended)

For reservation, please call 02 207 9999 ext. 5607 – 8.

Stop the rip-offs!

Gobble gobble.

Questions being:

1) How do you know that the Turkeys are imported? I remember reading a few years back in the BKK Post where a guy (I believe from the UK) started a turkey farm south of BKK. I don't know if he's still in business because Thais do not tend to eat Turkey.... so with saying that it leads me to question #2

2) Since Thais do not usually eat Turkey (let alone celebrate the traditional Thanksgiving holiday) how can you say that those who contribute to the "average wage" are thinking that a turkey buffet or dinner is expensive?

Maybe for someone on a teacher's salary they may think so but I am no executive, just a mere engineer and I think that 1000 baht + a few hundred is not that unreasonable. For Pete's sake it's not like you have a Turkey buffet/dinner every day, every week, or even every month. It's a special holiday one time a year. Get over yourself, celebrate and spurge a bit.... Or as we say in the USA, get a Chicken TV dinner and fix it yourself.

And.... from the Woodstock Bar and Grill, 44 Soi Thonglor 13, Klongtan, Wattana, Bangkok 10110

Tel: 02-715 0202-3. Price 855 baht.

"Book Now as Thanksgiving will be here before you know it. Again Khun Orn will be personally preparing a fantastic feast that one could only expect from a home cooked meal. That is assuming you or your wife or parents know how to cook. Anyway we look forward to seeing you on Thanksgiving at a time of new optimism with the election of a new government in America."

post-53787-1227242996_thumb.jpg

http://woodstockbkk.com/news.php?id=5

Let's have a TV Turkey Gobble Down Day

300 baht per head - as much as you can eat - suits any budget

however, this is a low cost gathering, so extras are as follows

1) you want stuffing - 50 baht

2) veggies - 35 baht

3) gravy - 20 baht

4) cranberry sauce - 80 baht (it's expensive)

5) upgrade to a turkey drumstick for only 150 baht - limited supply

6) dessert - 100 baht

7) coffee - 40 baht

8) service charge 10%

9) all payments in advance

10) not feeling sleepy enough after eating your turkey - tryptophan amino acid supplements available on request

Edited by bkkjames

Can't quite tell if this is for eat-in, or take out, or both....

Happy Thanksgiving Day at Numero Uno - Bangkok Marriott Resort & Spa

"The tradition is alive at Bangkok Marriott Resort & Spa. Between 23rd and 30th November, drop by at Numero Uno and enjoy taking away your Thanksgiving Goodies.

Our creative Executive Pastry-Chef Bernd Opiela really know how to prepare an American Thanksgiving day with all the traditional Thanksgiving trimmings include Roasted Turkey with herb dressing accompanied by cranberry sauce and all the goodies plus a great choice of desserts for all who wishes to join the event.

You are encouraged to place orders as early as possible and pick up your orders on the day that you designate. Numero Uno is located at the ground floor level of Bangkok Marriott Resort & Spa and provides both indoor and outdoor seating with views of the tropical gardens – the perfect setting for relaxing with friends and family or even informal business meetings. Open daily from 06.00 to 24:00 hrs.

*Price subject to tax and service charge. (No prices seemed to be mentioned here...)

For early-bird order and more information, call 02 476 0022 ext. 1416

http://www.thaipr.net/nc/readnews.aspx?new...m91bmQgZG93bg==

And... a bit more detail regarding the very nice Thanksgiving offerings from Bourbon Street.....

On November 27 and 28, you can keep with a long tradition and celebrate Thanksgiving Day at the Bourbon St. Restaurant and Oyster Bar in Bangkok.

The Bourbon St. Restaurant hosts an All You Can Eat Buffet with Deep Fried and Roasted Turkeys.

On Thursday, November 27, the cost is 899 Baht per adult and 450 Baht per child under 12 years of age. On Friday, the price is 850 Baht per adult and 425 Baht per child.

For details and reservations, please call 02 2590328-9.

And... take home service as well...

Bourbon St. Restaurant is now accepting orders for take away Thanksgiving meals.

To place an order, open the order form PDF file and print it out.

Then, fill in the form and fax it to us.

Your meal will be ready for pickup on the day and at the time you requested.

Great Thanksgiving dining could not be more simple !

Bourbon St. Restaurant & Oyster Bar

Sukhumvit Soi 22 Washington square

Tel. 02 2590328-9

http://www.bourbonstbkk.com/Thanksgiving_2008.html

The following link is an Adobe Acrobat file, which requires Adobe Reader software to open....

Thanksgiving_Buffet_Menu_2008.pdf

And, for the luxury-minded, spend-free few among us (BKKJames, I'm referring to YOU!!!)... :o

Celebrate Thanksgiving Feast at Trader Vic’s

On Thursday November 27th, the traditional Thanksgiving Day is alive at Bangkok’s famous Trader Vic’s restaurant of Bangkok Marriott Resort & Spa!

Trader Vic’s masterful chefs have created sumptuous 6-course special dishes to celebrate “Thanksgiving Day”. Choose from Assiette of Thanksgiving Turkey — Roasted breast, ballotine of leg and foie gras stuffing with brussel sprouts, Tian of Blue Swimmer Crab and Avocado — Cucumber carpaccio, chilled gazpacho ravioli, Veloute of sweetcorn and truffle — Baby purple basil and parmesan crostini and many more. Complete your Thanksgiving feast with Sweet Pumpkin Tart Tatin — Basil scented caramel sauce, Pecan nut ice cream, our recommended dessert.

The price is only at 1,350 Baht++ for dinner.

Trader Vic's is located at the south wing of Bangkok Marriott Resort & Spa. An award-winning restaurant, it offers magnificent views of Bangkok's famous “River of Kings”, the Kreung Thep bridges, historic river rice barges and all the fascinating panorama of river life, as well as Trader Vic's own tropical gardens. Private dining rooms are available.

Operating hours:

Trader Vic's: 18:00 — 23.00 hrs

*Price subject to tax and service charge.

For more information and reservations, call 02 476 0022 ext. 1416

http://www.tivarati.com/news/2008-11-12/40580422/

And, for the luxury-minded, spend-free few among us (BKKJames, I'm referring to YOU!!!)... :o

Celebrate Thanksgiving Feast at Trader Vic’s

On Thursday November 27th, the traditional Thanksgiving Day is alive at Bangkok’s famous Trader Vic’s restaurant of Bangkok Marriott Resort & Spa!

Trader Vic’s masterful chefs have created sumptuous 6-course special dishes to celebrate “Thanksgiving Day”. Choose from Assiette of Thanksgiving Turkey — Roasted breast, ballotine of leg and foie gras stuffing with brussel sprouts, Tian of Blue Swimmer Crab and Avocado — Cucumber carpaccio, chilled gazpacho ravioli, Veloute of sweetcorn and truffle — Baby purple basil and parmesan crostini and many more. Complete your Thanksgiving feast with Sweet Pumpkin Tart Tatin — Basil scented caramel sauce, Pecan nut ice cream, our recommended dessert.

The price is only at 1,350 Baht++ for dinner.

Trader Vic's is located at the south wing of Bangkok Marriott Resort & Spa. An award-winning restaurant, it offers magnificent views of Bangkok's famous “River of Kings”, the Kreung Thep bridges, historic river rice barges and all the fascinating panorama of river life, as well as Trader Vic's own tropical gardens. Private dining rooms are available.

Operating hours:

Trader Vic's: 18:00 — 23.00 hrs

*Price subject to tax and service charge.

For more information and reservations, call 02 476 0022 ext. 1416

http://www.tivarati.com/news/2008-11-12/40580422/

Thanks JFC!!! You know what they say, "If you can't dish out the dough on your turkey, there is no point in cutting off its head".

If you can figure out what that means, please let me know.

No... no problem... I'm OK for that...

But regarding the above dining promo from the Marriott, I gotta get out my international dictionary just to figure out what's for dinner... (Who do they think they are writing for....?) And I thought learning Thai was hard....

Let's take a quick TV quiz here:

Assiette??

ballotine??

Tian??

Veloute??

Hmm... at least I know... "crostini"....

The ROADHOUSE at the corner of Suriwong and Rama IV (Silom area) is the place to be but you definitely need a reservation as it's packed on Thanksgiving day. Great food. And if you don't care for Turkey they have Salmon and other options. Make sure you check out the 3rd floor. Shuffleboard is really fun!