Heating Shower And Bathroom Sink

TexasRanger

Hi, I am attaching a pic of the water heater we use in our Bangkok apartment, this nicely provides hot water to our shower and wash basin. It was installed when the place was built so I don't know where it came from. I am now looking for something similar for our new house, just to heat the shower and sink, I can see many types of water heater in the shops but as usual the staff are little better than useless at explaining the product to me. I don't want to buy something and find out that it is just meant for a shower.

Any ideas (pics or specs would be even better), will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Heater Pic

Hi, I am attaching a pic of the water heater we use in our Bangkok apartment, this nicely provides hot water to our shower and wash basin. It was installed when the place was built so I don't know where it came from. I am now looking for something similar for our new house, just to heat the shower and sink, I can see many types of water heater in the shops but as usual the staff are little better than useless at explaining the product to me. I don't want to buy something and find out that it is just meant for a shower.

Any ideas (pics or specs would be even better), will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Heater Pic

Go to any Homemart or Homepro and take a look at the different brands, making sure that there are TWO outlets for both the shower and the sink - most have just the one for a shower only. Also very important here is that there are two types of water heater, one is for warm water - nam oon, and the other for hot water - nam ron (go figure ...) I only managed to get a nam oon but it's hot enough for me.

Most importantly - make sure it has a SAFETY SWITCH. The one's I've bought are UK brand (easy enough to spot - have a small union jack on them), they have dual outlets, safety switch and 5 year guarantee. Cost around 7k.

Edited by jackyseymour

Siemens MULTIPLE POINT water heaters (usually installed UNDER a kitchen or bathroom counter) are available at any authorized Siemens Dealer in Thailand. We selected and are very happy with Stiebel Eltron Multiple Point water heaters. I recommend you look at the web sites for these two brands (although MOST name brand water heaters, many of which are made IN Thailand, have MULTIPLE POINT water heaters. The instruction manuals will be in Thai and English.

BUT you must really have well thought out WIRING of the proper gage and circuit breakers for SOME of the Multiple Point water heaters. We run our Stiebel Eltron to three points for each heater. The hot water runs OUT of the Stiebel Elton water heater in SYLER PE Lined steel pipes up to 10 meters to the most distant sink or shower from an individual Multiple Point under the counter water heater.

Most INDEPENDENT appliance dealers will send trained staff to INSTALL and Guarantee the water heaters. I recommend you have a "2 way stop valve" such as a VRH HFVJC-9129 F1 for both the hot and cold water pipes. VRH has a REAL 12 year warranty on this Stainless Steel 304 Ceramic Valves. VRH valves are widely available and easy to buy in Thailand.

If you have these water heaters installed by an Independent appliance shop who will offer you a guarantee on the installation you will probably have a much safer installation. We had our electricians coordinate with the installers of our Stiebel Eltron water heaters and we phoned the SMART technical staff who speak English and Thai of Stiebel Eltron to solve one problem. It was quickly solved since we consulted the experts from the company. It was a loose electric wire, nothing was wrong with the water heater or the installer.

Thailand is a "assembly hub" in Ayutthaya of European Name (AEG, Bosch, Stiebel Elton, Siemens, etc..) water heaters. All that said you MUST have sufficient water pressure to activate these water heaters.