4 Grenades Explode Near Thailand's Anti-government Tv Station

LaoPo

Just having one female guard here who was there, actually the sister from the guard who was almost killed by a knife when he hunted for the grenade shooting people (might bias the opinion that ).

The red mob stopped the complete traffic on the street and tried to attack the peaceful protester (my opinion: most probably thinking that there is a truck with elderly ladies). But one truck contained guards which are in their real life soldiers at the army. They stroke back. Everything happened in her estimation within 5 min.

Imagine what would happened if the guards would not have been there.

So for me it is:

The red mob attacked the peaceful truck with people

they defended themself and overreacted a bit.

:o:D:D Thanks for the laugh. If your ' business ' ever goes tits up you would make a great comedian.

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Things seem to be pointing towards the fact that the army has pulled away support from the PAD.

I think things are getting desperate for them and they can't control their minions as expected.

Decisions and compromises need to be made at the top and fast, but .....

Just having one female guard here who was there, actually the sister from the guard who was almost killed by a knife when he hunted for the grenade shooting people (might bias the opinion that ).

The red mob stopped the complete traffic on the street and tried to attack the peaceful protester (my opinion: most probably thinking that there is a truck with elderly ladies). But one truck contained guards which are in their real life soldiers at the army. They stroke back. Everything happened in her estimation within 5 min.

So for me it is:

:o:D:D Thanks for the laugh. If your ' business ' ever goes tits up you would make a great comedian.

I must agree with you, it is extremely funny. Makes you wonder what kind of world some people live in. :D

Things seem to be pointing towards the fact that the army has pulled away support from the PAD.

I think things are getting desperate for them and they can't control their minions as expected.

Where did we read that the army EVER supported the PAD? They just wouldn't back either group! Remember that the PAD is basically trying to pressure the military to step in to a role that they do not want! Most of the REAL military bosses in Thailand don't want to be in government! They just want a good budget for the military and to be left alone to do the job of the military.

© ITN 2008

Thai anti-government protesters have opened fire on a group of government supporters.

TV footage showed at least two security guards from the anti-government People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) firing at least half a dozen rounds from handguns at the government supporters.

In a speech to 10,000 yellow-shirted supporters, PAD leader Somsak Kosaisuk said: "It is time to make a clear-cut choice between good and evil, between those who are loyal and traitors."

Well, he's half right, its time to make a choice between a bunch of corrupt politicians and a bunch of dangerous lunatics. A real hobsons choice for the Thai people. Nonetheless, the disinterested majority will no doubt be shying away from the PAD after todays events. Looks like Chamlong might be right after all. This could be the PADs last hurrah.

Where did we read that the army EVER supported the PAD? They just wouldn't back either group! Remember that the PAD is basically trying to pressure the military to step in to a role that they do not want! Most of the REAL military bosses in Thailand don't want to be in government! They just want a good budget for the military and to be left alone to do the job of the military.

The Thai army does not like to be told how to do their job. Not by Sondhi, not by Thaksin.

Edited by BenNevis

That video shows that the situation is reaching a very incendiary time. People poo poo'd me for saying months ago that this could descend into anarchy. Well it looks very bad right now.

Thank god no one got shot, but this can't be too far beyond a situation whereby the army has to stand up.

I'm with you on that one. A while back I posted on the fact that this was a very nasty vendetta and people told me I was overreacting. Well it is coming out to play. Some people are going to have to think very carefully whether they want to compromise before it is too late. The worse the economy and the divisions become the harder it will become to solve as it plays out on the streets and the lower classes.

A very nasty vendetta indeed, and there are going to be revenge attacks and guns and bombs and anything else that comes to hand. This is getting way way our of ocntrol and needs stopping soon. I make you right on people needing to compromise or they may just find that what they were fighting over just isnt worth having anymore. This has moved beyond cheerleading or backing horses and needs serious action to resolve in a way that is accpetable to all even if not ideal for all. Time is running out and there are lot more incensed people with every incident even if they are not on the front lines yet.

Have to agree with you there.

Moving well past push and into hardening of attitudes beyond return.

And this may have been the govnt's intention, one step below civil war

and than another SoE, and then blame Gen. Anupong who was assigned to watch things.

I think he is being set up.... to get him out of the picture and PAD at the same time.

PAD is this slightly fragmented monolith moving to different un-controled locations,

and suddenly today 'guerilla war tactics' are being used on them.

Taxis, militias DAAD whom ever, makes no difference, a la Sae Daeng up-country

it is hit and run attacks to create a reaction just like the bombings the last few nights

to make them MORE paranoid and MORE milltant. Just make sure a sympathetic press guy is on site.

PAD is being played, and hasn't caught on yet.

But yes this is getting towards 'out of control', evil does walk the land tonight.

Perm_Dis ...

it was not murder on Sept 2nd (at least it certainly has not been ruled so. How do I know the UDD attacked? Everyone says so ... the press (all of it) The Gov't in their SoE, the UDD, and the PAD all addressed the attack that night.

I am amazed you went though all of my posts and found a mistake (I have made more than one in all my posts) but this mistake was just an erroneous early report. The facts that the UDD attacked and this attack and that unfortunate death triggered the State of Emergency are not in question.

i didn't go through to all your post to find a mistake. and i didn't pick up one of your mistake at random, i just select the one that is on topic.

i just have a good memory. and if you look back at this other thread, i was taking part in that discussion and also announced before that i better ignore you because you can not add valuable facts. that why i remember your demagogic attempt in quoting the old misleading news. which got corrected shortly later in the same night. i don't think you made it by mistake, you made it with intent.

but okay, fact is the was a clash between PAD and pro govm demonstrators. same as the PAD the pro govm demonstrator are not a homogeneous bunch of people. this group have their share of elders, woman, kids and peaceful demonstrators too.

so my question is how do you know that the man that got killed that night was an attacker? maybe that older man was just part of the non violent group, but unlucky could not run fast enough away and was not strong enough to defend himself against a mob of young boys with clubs.

so i ask again how you know that this man was an attacker?

videos of that night you can watch on youtube. real disturbing acts of violence. a unconscious man got hit repeatly with sticks on the head by a group of people is nothing more than lynching. that is the word for it. it's murder.

there are many points where i disagree with the PAD. i disagree with them on mille plateauxes.

but even i would like thier leaders, would think their "new politics" and other ideas are cool concepts and so on. or think of them like some PAD supporters here dream of them. as a honest, justified peoples movement. the moment i would see that my "comrades" do such a act of sick violence i would walk away and would not like to be part of it anymore.

this is not just a question of a political opinion.

This is a sad day. The film of the person opening fire with a revolver has been rapidly spread around the world. The effect on tourism is going to be enormous.

Yes, and if you look a bit closer you will see that behind the guy firing a gun is another moron holding up a picture of his majesty !!! Totally discraceful and utterly unacceptable . LM at its worst .

Yes absolutely disgraceful. This one piece of footage says a lot about the PAD. The PAD apologists should be ashamed.

No.

This video says a lot about 'One Person In a Mob'.

Nothing more.

Just having one female guard here who was there, actually the sister from the guard who was almost killed by a knife when he hunted for the grenade shooting people (that might bias the opinion).

So for me it is:

In my books , nowhere is it OK for someone to shoot at people running away.

People who behave like this are thugs and when they are shooting someone worse than thugs.

You do yourself a disservice by being an apologist for them.

Did you see that fact that they attacked a peaceful demonstration?

If a drive peacefully a car and a crazy mob want to kill me, I would shoot as well if I have a gun.

As you see on that video: The police was again away when it happened. So what other choose do they have than building a kind of police themself.

You saw on the daily grenade attacks what happens if they do not protect themself.

Did you ever see PAD attacking anyone on their own? (beside a women maybe 50-60 years old attacking that police boss, forgot his name).

I hope none of you is flying in or out of Suwannaphumi tonight or tomorrow. If you go to www.manager.co.th now, you can see a photo on the main page showing the PAD completely block off access to & from the Suwannaphumi airport. There are lots of traffic behind which is getting nowhere. I hope Songhi is sensible and not close the airport.

PAD shut down Suvarnabhumi

(BangkokPost.com) - The anti-government People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) on Tuesday evening announced that it will attempt to close down Suvarnabhumi airport in an attempt to topple the government.

At 9pm, the airport was ordered to shut down its operation temporarily as the PAD demonstrators broke into the compound.

BangkokPost 25/11/2008

- Now they are closing a major link to a country down. Taking over Taxi radio stations, shooting at people. When will the police start arresting the obvious black and yellow guards?. Seems they are trying to really start something big these armed thugs.

It would appear that the PAD needs to rethink it's idea about roving around the town. When they were in one or two places they could keep up the facade that they were holding a peaceful sit in and make the govt come to them.

It would appear that with the reported dwindling numbers that people may and I say may have lost interest because the PAD hasn't been able to land the knockout blow that they promised. Is high level backing waning as mentioned? We won't know until after the event.

The world economy is in the poop and having roving idiots with weapons randomly doing this sort of thing is absolutely disastrous and I mean disastrous not only for the tourist industry but for all business and FDI. The behaviour shown today will probably have put off some of the existing PAD supporters, but it will have sent a disastrously bad image to the world about Thailand.

Despite the obvious mishandling of the police control at govt house, internationally people can understand riot police and protesters having confrontations. People letting off pistols in the middle of highways against other members of the public shows potentially a complete breakdown in law and order.

Christ even I am worried about flying into Don Muang on Thursday and transferring to Survanabhumi and I've been here ages.

I hope none of you is flying in or out of Suwannaphumi tonight or tomorrow. If you go to www.manager.co.th now, you can see a photo on the main page showing the PAD completely block off access to & from the Suwannaphumi airport. There are lots of traffic behind which is getting nowhere. I hope Songhi is sensible and not close the airport.

i have a flight at 7.10 am, but i am sure if i ask nicely they will all move, they are all peace loving after all :o

Just having one female guard here who was there, actually the sister from the guard who was almost killed by a knife when he hunted for the grenade shooting people (that might bias the opinion).

So for me it is:

In my books , nowhere is it OK for someone to shoot at people running away.

People who behave like this are thugs and when they are shooting someone worse than thugs.

You do yourself a disservice by being an apologist for them.

Did you see that fact that they attacked a peaceful demonstration?

If a drive peacefully a car and a crazy mob want to kill me, I would shoot as well if I have a gun.

As you see on that video: The police was again away when it happened. So what other choose do they have than building a kind of police themself.

You saw on the daily grenade attacks what happens if they do not protect themself.

Did you ever see PAD attacking anyone on their own? (beside a women maybe 50-60 years old attacking that police boss, forgot his name).

Stop being an apologist for armed gunmen. Watch the footage of your PAD hereos. The PAD guards are nothing more then armed criminals.

A very nasty vendetta indeed, and there are going to be revenge attacks and guns and bombs and anything else that comes to hand. This is getting way way our of control and needs stopping soon.

but, but, but, Kowit says police and the government have full control of the situation....

Parliament meeting cancelled, Cabinet meeting cancelled, two different Government Headquarters uncontrolled, absentee PM, Cabinet ministers scurrying to and fro...... "but the government is in full control"

Minister of Interior says PAD situation no cause for worry

The Minister of Interior says the national situation is not a cause for concern as police and authorities have full control over protesters.

one of the scurrying Cabinet Ministers scurried straight out of the "in full control" government...

Commerce Minister Steps down, No Reason Given

Commerce Minister Chaiya Sasomsab has tended his resignation as the People Power Party's MP.

Edited by sriracha john

BANGKOK, Thailand (CNN) -- Bangkok's main airport has closed after it was targeted by anti-government protesters, reports said Tuesday.

Anti-government demonstrators gather outside a military headquarters on the outskirts of Bangkok.

The Associated Press said all departing flights were canceled from Bangkok's Suvarnabhumi International Airport as protesters surged into the main terminal building.

Earlier eight people were injured in an exchange of gunfire between pro and anti-government protesters, police said. No one was killed in the incident.

The clash happened when the anti-government People's Alliance for Democracy was mobilizing supporters near Don Muang Airport, which the government is using as its temporary office.

The PAD ran into a pro-government group, the two sides exchanged abusive words, and the pro-government group threw rocks into the PAD crowd, the police official said, prompting the brief exchange of gunfire.

The People's Alliance for Democracy has been leading protests against the government since May. Protesters surrounded the parliament building on Monday, forcing lawmakers to postpone their session

Perm_Dis ... regarding the UDD attack on the PAD on Sept 2nd.

Asked and answered.

They attacked the guy was killed. It is a sad thing but it is stupid to attack people's encampment ever and worse in the early hours of the morning.

Thai Protesters Fire on rivals

BBC

Anti govt protesters fire at rivals.

Hmm and I thought PAD are peace loving... Guess not from the latest footage. The police have start locking up these armed PAD criminals. Its really getting out of hand and clearly PAD has the weopons.

I saw the footage as it was shown on TPBS, and it clearly showed several shots being aimed and fired from a handgun by a gunman wearing a yellow armband standing on the PAD loudspeaker lorry. In the street, guards were running haywire wielding clubs and knives, burning a motorbike and beating up at least one unarmed civilian. PAD's guards have clearly shown themselves to be little more than a dangerously out-of-control mob of violent bullies and thugs. When they get their just deserts, I shall weep no tears. Now I wait with baited breath for the usual PADisters to waffle their way out of this one! (jdinasia will find some trifling grammatical error, perhaps?)

There were also scenes from inside BDM terminal as the madman screamed at the demonstrators from his truck. If there were more than a few hundred people there I don't know where they were hiding. They certainly weren't listening to their leader! (not that I blame them for that!)

And from Swampy the now familiar scenes of tourists and business travellers having to pick their way through razor wire to catch their planes. When the tourist industry on Phuket and Samui slumps, I hope the locals remember that it was PAD that sounded the death knell.

We can take comfort, though, from the thought that thousands of decent Thais must also have seen the sickening sight, and that's a lot more who will now hold PAD in utter contempt.

Maybe read the topic again.....

Red shirts killed several with grenades, so it is understandable that the guards overreact easily.

It is going in direction of a civil war, just because one man can't get enough money.....

how do you know it have been the "red shirts", that "killed several with grenades"?

and it's because "one man can't get enough money"? isn't it a little bit to oversimplified?

that sounds like this crazy person"to "do something" to rich Indians and Chinese because they had taken advantage of Thai people."

government in "full control"...

PAD closes Suvarnabhumi

The Suvarnabhumi Airport has been ordered closed after PAD protesters seized key entrance and other areas.

The Airports of Thailand has decided to close the Suvarnabhumi airport after PAD protesters entered passenger terminals.

Now, there will not be out-bound flights. In-bound planes are being allowed to land for now, but can be diverted to key provincial airports if situations deteriorated.

The order was issued by AOT chief Serirat Prasutanont. He made the decision after PAD protesters penetrated some passenger areas.

- The Nation

Edited by sriracha john

PAD closes Suvarnabhumi

The Suvarnabhumi Airport has been ordered closed after PAD protesters seized key entrance and other areas.

The Airports of Thailand has decided to close the Suvarnabhumi airport after PAD protesters entered passenger terminals.

Now, there will not be out-bound flights. In-bound planes are being allowed to land for now, but can be diverted to key provincial airports if situations deteriorated.

The order was issued by AOT chief Serirat Prasutanont. He made the decision after PAD protesters penetrated some passenger areas.

- The Nation

oooooh bugger, hold on to yr butts people....

Rich Bangkok people loosing big money now with all those flights that will be cancelled or come in half empty tomorrow. Big Asian confernece going to Chiang Mai with all the loss of money that entails for the capital, in the middle of a recession.

Too right, Grandpops! But I have to say that it serves them right, those same "rich Bangkok people" were the ones financing PAD all along, I hope they suffer for a long, long time!

PAD closes Suvarnabhumi

- The Nation

Lets hope this will finally be the "click" for police and government to crush this mob once and for all. This comedy as lasted long enough.

PAD closes Suvarnabhumi

- The Nation

Lets hope this will finally be the "click" for police and government to crush this mob once and for all. This comedy as lasted long enough.

Just give the PAD a bit more rope, just let em seriously piss off a few more people then that will be it.

The police and Government have worldwide justification now to sort this rabble out. Any resulting coup is going to lead to world wide sanctions against and PAD led/supported Junta.

Yes guys its Thaksin or Junta so thank Sondhi for that!

Look forward to hearing from some falangs about how they have supported PAD in ruining our high season. Not too loud out there boys, not too loud.

Edited by grandpops

Wow watching TV Thai (Thai PBS) they are showing PAD .. well dressed, clean, well behaved, no clubs or guns ....

They are discussing today's events and the future of Thailand (doesn't seem like they are talking about THIS government but whatever government we have in Thailand on Wednesday)