4 Grenades Explode Near Thailand's Anti-government Tv Station

LaoPo

Military leaders vow to do their best to prevent clashes

Army Commander-in-Chief Gen Anupong Paochinda said Tuesday the military leaders had a consensus that the armed forces would use all necessary measures and potential to prevent clash among rival groups and prevent losses of lives.

He said he held a meeting with the commanders of all the armed forces and the permanent secretary Tuesday morning and all agreed not to stage a coup.

He said the top brass agreed that the military would protect the nation and royal institution as well as keeping order.

The military also wanted to see the political crisis solved with the legal and judicial systems.

Source: The Nation - 25 November 2008

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Democrat secretary-general slams PAD

Opposition Democrat party secretary-general expressed disagreement that the anti-government People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) would block the Suvarnabhumi international airport as it would adversely affect the country's economy and tourism.

Democrat party secretary-general Mr. Suthep Tuaksuban said today (November 25) the government was unable to handle current situation. So it had better resign and set up a special government with every sector participating in the new administration.

The government, he suggested, may opt another alternative solution via dissolving the lower House. However, Mr. Suthep was certain that the government would not do so as he alleged the government did not care for the country and was only interested in helping former prime minister Pol Lt Col Thaksin Shinnawatra to return to the country.

Mr.Suthep heaped praising the military for its neutral stance in the situation, while admiring the police's work.

Source: National News Bureau of Thailand - 25 November 2008

On the outset this seems like a very balanced statement only that to be found in the middle is "So it had better resign and set up a special government with every sector participating in the new administration. " I seem to remember this idea being called "New Politics".

Obviously he believe he would be one of the appointed.

i suppose all PAD guards I personally saw outside ASTV all carrying weapons of one sort or another were outsiders who infiltrated ASTV

:o

I think some of you guys need to make an effort to actually go and see these criminals in action rather thatn just read reports. i have been to see it with my own eyes, I also see it when collecting daughter from school who is unfortunate enough to attend school near the criminals camp. I have lost count of the numebr of days schooling she has had to miss this year because the school is closed because the criminals decide on another futile demonstration.

If anyone would like me to take them to the PAD strongholds and point out the criminals weilding arms then please PM me and i will meet you there and show you, hey I will even show you the jeep that was carrying explosives and blew up (lets remember the family of the victim here admitted he was ex police who had been a supporter of PAD for 2 years and was knowingly carrying explosives)

Help me out with this ..... "weapons of one sort or another"? Were they shotguns and LETHAL military tear-gas launchers?

I get it .. you keep your child in a school near ASTV.

Now ... help me out with the "jeep carrying explosives" .. that lie was beaten down ages ago!

Protesters mobilising to disrupt Cabinet meeting

Demonstrators led by the PAD will protest in front of the Royal Thai Armed Forces Headquarters to prevent the Cabinet meeting from taking place on Tuesday afternoon.

their aim has been achieved... for now...

The weekly Cabinet meeting is usually held Tuesdays, but was changed to Wednesday because of the protest. The government has not disclosed where its next meeting will take place.

- Associated Press / 6 minutes ago

Edited by sriracha john

If the government play a game with PAD, by changing meeting venue everyday, do you think PAD can keep up? After a while, I think so.

Any number of places in the North East and the North that would gladly welcome the Parliament MP's to put up shop for a few months. The Democrats don't appear interested in participating anyway, so would it make any difference if they didn't attend?

Now that would boost the local economy in Kalasin, Lampang or Roi-et no end.

Edited by Thai at Heart

You spout things that aren't based on facts.

Let's take the quick correction so we can see how you treat the truth:

- The young girl killed by the teargas grenade was unarmed. Probably was so several of the others with maimed legs and feet, or atleast one couldn't see any weapons from the footage by the news crews.

- The car didn't contain a bomb. The 'explosion' like cloud happened after several minutes of the whole car being on fire. Most likely the gastank overcooking. (It wasn't very much of an explosion either, just very much a gas-tank having it's content released via the safetyvalve due to overpressue. Seen it up close in a restaurant fire some (14) years ago. A mushroom-cloud shot up 4-5 meters into the air and me and another guy stood unharmed just 2 meters away from the tank, at the time trying to put out the general fire in the kitchen-area. We left in haste after that.)

- The police shouldn't react like a teased cobra, that is when their training should set them apart from random thugs. I'm concerned you, as a former police officer, doesn't reflect upon that.

If I put my hand in the fire I will get burned, if i get too close to a fire there is a chance i will get burned. if i go home when i see the fire start then i wont get burned. simple really.

As for one of the guys who allegedly had his leg blown off, there is video footage of him a few days before with surprise surprise only one leg.

the car did contain explosives, do yourself a favour and goand look at the car, i have already mentioned where it is parked and the damage is in no way consistent with a fire or a fuel explosion, the damage is consistent with explosives. (I suppose nobody was carrying home made incendiary devices either)

at no point did i say the police reacted like a teased cobra, another one who seems to not be able to understand english. i said if you tease a cobra then expect to be bitten, i never said who the cobra was, that comment was in fact aimed at the government rather than at individual police officers (who in my opinion have shown great restraint throughout all this)

the fact that people have died as a result of the PAD not leading a peaceful protest leading to the events in october seems to be missed by many, if in fact the whole protest had been peaceful from the PAD i am sure the events in october would not have happened

just to make this clear I am not a government supporter, to be honest i do not care who governs here, I am not pro police either, but because of their actions i am 100% against the PADwith their pathetic brainwashing tactics, I am more suprisedto read expats on here denying facts about their tactics and defending these criminals. its clear where you anti police stance comes from, maybe you have a criminal past yourself

Your post is trite and repeats the same BS again.

If you put your hand in the fire you will get burnt? That is the best you can come up with?

How about 'if I cook egg and the stove explodes and rips my arm off...' - no-one had any reason to assume the Police would attack the protesters with lethal weapons without warning. (Military grade teargas grenades with RDX is hardly non-lethal/less-lethal anymore.)

I should go and take a look at the car? I'm sure you did it?

But through the magic of film-cameras and handy DV-cams one doesn't have to actually, physically, walk to the car while it was burning. One could observe the events as they happened.

I'm sure you will get around and discover these inventions soon enough.

No, people didn't die from the protest being 'non peaceful' (where is the line drawn when you have thugs attacking you?), they died from a protest being mismanaged and incompetent and revengeful police officers not being able to have a cool head. Severely failing in their line of duty.

And thanks for implying I would have a criminal past just because I am able to point out errors done by the police. If you knew anything about my family you would know my reflection is based on experience and contact of professional police officers and soldiers. Not thugs with a badge.

Your attack is just sad.

I think the government should put out the word they will hold a meeting at Parliament then when PAD starts moving back to Parliament correct the statement and say at government house Don Mueang. The again say no the meeting will be held in YALA goverment house.

I think you are right, but I also think the government should come in with large fire trucks and hose down all the PAD that are taking over GOVT buildings...

I think you are right, but I also think the government should come in with large fire trucks and hose down all the PAD that are taking over GOVT buildings...

you may have missed the news when govt was questioned why this was not done before going down the route of tear gas.

the police requested water trucks or fire trucks from BMA (BAngkok Metropolitan Administration - headed by the Democrat's Apirak), but request was turned down. Their reason? BMA said the trucks water had to be reserved for watering trees planted around the city :o

(the fire department is also under BMA)

People have the right at the ballot box to remove governments. Any other way it is called Coup or revolution.

Yeah, that was the first thing I said this morning:

A little perspective here - from Declaration of Independence:

"..whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on.."

Genuine humor here ---- one of TV's leading advocates for a PAD inspired dictatorship ----- quoting from a declaration about democracy. C'mon PLUS ...... give us some other passages.................... :o

What you called "Pad inspired dictatorship" in the words of Suriyasai, one of the PAD leaders:

"..we have declared a new war calling for nation-building under a new political discourse. We are calling to go beyond parliamentary politics, or 4-second democracy, or the cult of using elections to determine everything.

This “new politics” in the eyes of the PAD is a politics that will be people-centred. The power of representatives will be reduced while the role and power of the people will be increased."

As long as these criteria are met, how can you call it a "dictatorship"? Just throwing labels around without thinking.

If the government play a game with PAD, by changing meeting venue everyday, do you think PAD can keep up? After a while, I think so.

Any number of places in the North East and the North that would gladly welcome the Parliament MP's to put up shop for a few months. The Democrats don't appear interested in participating anyway, so would it make any difference if they didn't attend?

meanwhile another contingent of The North East PAD supporters are on the move....

At 1:30 pm, protesters arrived at the Supreme Command in 13 buses, mostly from provinces such as Khon Kaen and Kamphaeng Phet.

The Nation

you may have missed the news when govt was questioned why this was not done before going down the route of tear gas.

the police requested water trucks or fire trucks from BMA (BAngkok Metropolitan Administration - headed by the Democrat's Apirak), but request was turned down. Their reason? BMA said the trucks water had to be reserved for watering trees planted around the city :o

It was also ruled out when they realized it's grossly contaminated water and unsuited to spray on people.... shooting people with showers of E. Coli can be just as fatal, but just not as quick, as exploding tear gas grenades.

Edited by sriracha john

meanwhile another contingent of The North East PAD supporters are on the move....

At 1:30 pm, protesters arrived at the Supreme Command in 13 buses, mostly from provinces such as Khon Kaen and Kamphaeng Phet.

The Nation

I spoke to someone earlier in the day who told me that there were a couple of hundred yellow shirted people standing next to buses on the super-Highway in Chiangmai.

The question is will they be able to cause enough trouble to tip this over the edge.

maybe a little bit old, but since people still talk about PAD and peaceful demonstration

hows this for peaceful?

video link:

video link 2:

from youtube, the second video was orginally from thai tv news

Pete .. one masked man .. points what appears to be a pistol into the air? If a policeman was in a tree and if that gun was loaded with bullets etc etc AND if the man in question was PAD then it is a bad thing!

Whatever happened to the driver of that truck? Was he ever shown to be affiliated with the PAd at all?

On the outset this seems like a very balanced statement only that to be found in the middle is "So it had better resign and set up a special government with every sector participating in the new administration. " I seem to remember this idea being called "New Politics".

Obviously he believe he would be one of the appointed.

Only if he get elected.....The "appointed" ones get in fact elected in their community.

Bringing again and again false informations from which you know (as you were pointed to the correct information several times) that they are wrong does not help the discussion.

i suppose all PAD guards I personally saw outside ASTV all carrying weapons of one sort or another were outsiders who infiltrated ASTV

I think some of you guys need to make an effort to actually go and see these criminals in action rather thatn just read reports. i have been to see it with my own eyes, I also see it when collecting daughter from school who is unfortunate enough to attend school near the criminals camp. I have lost count of the numebr of days schooling she has had to miss this year because the school is closed because the criminals decide on another futile demonstration.

If anyone would like me to take them to the PAD strongholds and point out the criminals weilding arms then please PM me and i will meet you there and show you, hey I will even show you the jeep that was carrying explosives and blew up (lets remember the family of the victim here admitted he was ex police who had been a supporter of PAD for 2 years and was knowingly carrying explosives)

Help me out with this ..... "weapons of one sort or another"? Were they shotguns and LETHAL military tear-gas launchers?

I get it .. you keep your child in a school near ASTV.

Now ... help me out with the "jeep carrying explosives" .. that lie was beaten down ages ago!

do you assume that all weapons must be shotguns or lethal weapons, tell you what, why dont I beat you over the head a few times with a baseball bat and then you can explain to me that its not a weapon. your naivity is astounding sometimes

My daughter does not go to school near ASTV, she goes to school near government house

the car bomb, who was this beat down by? The PAD and its supporters?

It was also ruled out when they realized it's grossly contaminated water and unsuited to spray on people.... shooting people with showers of E. Coli can be just as fatal, but just not as quick, as exploding tear gas grenades.

Are you kidding? I didn't read that story anywhere (which is not meant to imply you made it up). Where did they find this water? People swim in the klongs every day, so is it to be assumed that the water in fire trucks comes direct from sewers. That probably means that spraying it anywhere in Bangkok at all is extremely dangerous because the water droplets will spray for miles around.

Edited by Thai at Heart

You spout things that aren't based on facts.

Let's take the quick correction so we can see how you treat the truth:

- The young girl killed by the teargas grenade was unarmed. Probably was so several of the others with maimed legs and feet, or atleast one couldn't see any weapons from the footage by the news crews.

- The car didn't contain a bomb. The 'explosion' like cloud happened after several minutes of the whole car being on fire. Most likely the gastank overcooking. (It wasn't very much of an explosion either, just very much a gas-tank having it's content released via the safetyvalve due to overpressue. Seen it up close in a restaurant fire some (14) years ago. A mushroom-cloud shot up 4-5 meters into the air and me and another guy stood unharmed just 2 meters away from the tank, at the time trying to put out the general fire in the kitchen-area. We left in haste after that.)

- The police shouldn't react like a teased cobra, that is when their training should set them apart from random thugs. I'm concerned you, as a former police officer, doesn't reflect upon that.

If I put my hand in the fire I will get burned, if i get too close to a fire there is a chance i will get burned. if i go home when i see the fire start then i wont get burned. simple really.

As for one of the guys who allegedly had his leg blown off, there is video footage of him a few days before with surprise surprise only one leg.

the car did contain explosives, do yourself a favour and goand look at the car, i have already mentioned where it is parked and the damage is in no way consistent with a fire or a fuel explosion, the damage is consistent with explosives. (I suppose nobody was carrying home made incendiary devices either)

at no point did i say the police reacted like a teased cobra, another one who seems to not be able to understand english. i said if you tease a cobra then expect to be bitten, i never said who the cobra was, that comment was in fact aimed at the government rather than at individual police officers (who in my opinion have shown great restraint throughout all this)

the fact that people have died as a result of the PAD not leading a peaceful protest leading to the events in october seems to be missed by many, if in fact the whole protest had been peaceful from the PAD i am sure the events in october would not have happened

just to make this clear I am not a government supporter, to be honest i do not care who governs here, I am not pro police either, but because of their actions i am 100% against the PADwith their pathetic brainwashing tactics, I am more suprisedto read expats on here denying facts about their tactics and defending these criminals. its clear where you anti police stance comes from, maybe you have a criminal past yourself

Your post is trite and repeats the same BS again.

If you put your hand in the fire you will get burnt? That is the best you can come up with?

How about 'if I cook egg and the stove explodes and rips my arm off...' - no-one had any reason to assume the Police would attack the protesters with lethal weapons without warning. (Military grade teargas grenades with RDX is hardly non-lethal/less-lethal anymore.)

I should go and take a look at the car? I'm sure you did it?

But through the magic of film-cameras and handy DV-cams one doesn't have to actually, physically, walk to the car while it was burning. One could observe the events as they happened.

I'm sure you will get around and discover these inventions soon enough.

No, people didn't die from the protest being 'non peaceful' (where is the line drawn when you have thugs attacking you?), they died from a protest being mismanaged and incompetent and revengeful police officers not being able to have a cool head. Severely failing in their line of duty.

And thanks for implying I would have a criminal past just because I am able to point out errors done by the police. If you knew anything about my family you would know my reflection is based on experience and contact of professional police officers and soldiers. Not thugs with a badge.

Your attack is just sad.

feel free to send me a PM and we can discuss this face to face if you would rather do it that way.

we can then walk around and meet all these peaceful protesters.

Werbs I am sure you did not mean to threaten me :o

So, people guarding ASTV do not have shotguns and military tear gas launchers? But you imply they have weapons like a baseball bat? WOW The guards at my condos have batons and a blackjack they must be PAD!

You are free to go back through the media reports about the Jeep :D You may as well skip the first reports from the police etc ... and instead focus on the rest. BTW the jeep was obviously not 'loaded with explosives'.

maybe a little bit old, but since people still talk about PAD and peaceful demonstration

hows this for peaceful?

video link:

video link 2:

from youtube, the second video was orginally from thai tv news

some people on here will watch that and say it is not PAD but people infiltrating the PAD

Thank you for your eye witness account. I am sorry that your daughter has missed a lot of school because of the PAD mob. People forget that PAD has its fair share of paid ex-military and ex-police which are on the Sondhi payroll and its these people that primary culprits in damage to property and attacks against police when they go on their so called peaceful marches not to mention the bombs they have been caught with. In pictures yesterday I saw at least 50 heavily armed black PAD at the front of the demonstration line to parliament all carrying various weopons and ready to use them. I am sure there are pictures of them posted out there as with previous marches I saw mainy pictures of PAD violence and damage of property.

What is heavily armed? Guns? Or gulf clubs?

A fair share of the military does not need to be paid to support PAD. They have a lot supporters there....

Well I hope they are not carying guns but I suspect some are armed with guns. I think you didnt read my post correctly. Dont try to change my words. I never said fair share of military. PAD guards are paid Ex-Military. Why would the military be walking with PAD on their marches? Total Nonsense... And in terms of numbers PAD dont have much supporters out there only about 10,000 from today. People are tired of them and even the Democrats are hinting its time to stop their antics.

Edited by Los78

thailand_89601t.jpg

Thousands of anti-government protesters a blockade in the streets during a demonstration besiege Parliament in Bangkok.

Associated Press

Calls for Thai leader to resign

Protesters committed to ousting Thailand's elected government vowed to stage more intense protests today, a day after they shut down the country's Parliament.

There were only minor scuffles yesterday as protesters, who call themselves the People's Alliance for Democracy, successfully blockaded the Parliament building in their campaign to force the resignation of Prime Minister Somchai Wongsawat.

After their march on Parliament forced a postponement of a session of lawmakers, smaller demonstrations followed at the Finance Ministry and Bangkok's old international airport, which now serves as the temporary offices for Somchai's government. Thousands of protesters were camping out Monday night at the airport, where the alliance appeared to shift its attention.

Thailand's economy, already struggling amid the global downturn, has been hit hard by the political turmoil. The state planning agency said Monday it grew at its slowest pace in more than three years this past quarter.

Thaksin, who is currently in Dubai, said he could steady the economy and would return home if the king pardoned him.

"With me at the helm I can bring confidence quickly back to Thailand," Thaksin told Arabian Business magazine.

Thaksin fled overseas in August to escape corruption charges. He has been sentenced to two years in jail for violating a conflict of interest law.

- Associated Press / 2008-11-25

Edited by sbk

alright....here is a better video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kNVHDynXUY&NR=1

JDINASIA - figure out from the video.... they admit to being PAD, these were the same crowds that said police attacked them. I dont know what other proof I can give you? peaceful demonstration being attacked by police in the words of many.....

the video shows its not peaceful. even IF they arent PAD, the point is police had every right to disperse this unruly crowd...no matter who they are

and can someone explain to me how you justify that a bit of dirty water (IF its really that dirty) is more harmful than using tear gas on people?

Werbs I am sure you did not mean to threaten me :o

So, people guarding ASTV do not have shotguns and military tear gas launchers? But you imply they have weapons like a baseball bat? WOW The guards at my condos have batons and a blackjack they must be PAD!

You are free to go back through the media reports about the Jeep :D You may as well skip the first reports from the police etc ... and instead focus on the rest. BTW the jeep was obviously not 'loaded with explosives'.

of course its not a threat.

the guards at your condo have a job to do, the guards at government house have no right to be there, they have no right to carry weapons.

now if you think getting killed by a baseball bat is nicer than getting shot and killed then i pity your sensibilities.

the fact is that the PAD are not intersted in peaceful demonstrations and repeated efforts by posters to dispute this makes them look ridiculous

People swim in the klongs every day, so is it to be assumed that the water in fire trucks comes direct from sewers. That probably means that spraying it anywhere in Bangkok at all is extremely dangerous because the water droplets will spray for miles around.

People die from swimming in klongs every day. Even relatively limited contact can have disastrous results. Ask any D2B fan (apologies if I mistyped the band's name).

In case you are unaware, the forceful blast of a direct fire hose with this or other sorted contamination is substantially different then stepping through a puddle of it with your covered foot or even swimming in it.

Edited by sriracha john