Thai Food

iainiain101

I was talking with a friend last week and said that the Mrs and I were allways looking for places to eat, where you would wait about 30 minutes, and not feel like it was just warmed up Thai food, and on your plate in 5 minutes. We had thought the place on the lake above CM Universrty the best we had found, though 'steep' on the price side.

We were suggested the place on Mahidol Road, heading east ,for any US readers, or towards the river from the Airport Plaza on the left just past the Esso Station with all the Elephant statues outside it.

We have lived next to CM Land for almost a year and had thought it a Garden Center!

Just ate there tonight, apparently it is noodles at lunch time, restaurant in the evening.

I think it is the best Thai meal I have ever had! Food was exceptional and cooked for you, so dont expect to receive all in 10 minutes. The Mrs is Thai and she cant recall eating better quality.

Price sound too. 12 dishes, 2 large beers, Orange Juice and water for around 1300 Baht.

Well worth trying.

Must sound like I have a share in the business! Unfortunately not, in the current climate, if you enjoy a place, you need to try and get others there or it will close!

Iain

Totally into trying your place. There are quite a few on either side of that last stretch of Mahidol / Om Meuang. It just takes a little exploring. I was at a pretty ok one that is behind some Cannon dealer on the south side of the street as you head towards Airport plaza last yr. I'll try to dig up the name n list it here.

And then, if you could, would you give a little bit more precise location for your new discovery ala what else it's next to ?, how far up from Airport Plaza headed E ? And if the missus could supply us with the Thai name, and maybe what kind of noodles it's famous/known for in the day that would be helpful too. I'd hit it at lunchtime as well.

There are heaps of places along that road. There is one that is next to Varee School, another on the north side of the road closer to Ping River (Kaew Pla Sot?) and then almost to Airport Plaza (south side) there is that patch of ground which has about 8-10 restaurants. Have only tried first one as you go in on the right - food pretty good.

The one with the elephants I have never tried, is it the one just before Chiang Mai Land on north side?

I must not be on the same page, because I can't think of a place I have been to where it feels like they just heated up the food for me. Most of the time I can see them cooking it and it only takes five or ten minutes. Do you have examples of the bad places you are referring to, Iain, so I can make sure to not go there?

I must not be on the same page, because I can't think of a place I have been to where it feels like they just heated up the food for me. Most of the time I can see them cooking it and it only takes five or ten minutes. Do you have examples of the bad places you are referring to, Iain, so I can make sure to not go there?

Not sure if they are preparing fresh rice for every customer, but generally that takes 20 minutes to steam. You have seen this done quicker?

It is about 50 m past the esso station, so about 1 km from airport plaza, an orange coloured banner at the entrance, as I remember.

Iain

I know a marvellous place somewhere down that road where they cook the most wonderful rice in 12 minutes flat. And the chicken is unusually succulent. Its about 100 or maybe 200 meters SE from that big petrol station on the RHS I think it was from memory, two years ago. There's a 7eleven quite near. Its down a Soi 6 or 7 or something. But you really can't miss the Soi ; there's a black dog (or was it brown) sitting at the corner. I can't remember its name. The owners name is Li Ling. Hope this is clear.

Ahh, you are specifically talking about rice. Now that I have not seen made to order ever. Just out of the rice cooker.

Not sure if they are preparing fresh rice for every customer, but generally that takes 20 minutes to steam. You have seen this done quicker?

Ahh, you are specifically talking about rice. Now that I have not seen made to order ever. Just out of the rice cooker.

No, I wasn't specifically" talking about rice" I was satirising the utterly inane way people go about giving directions to the place they are writing about.

We were suggested the place on Mahidol Road, heading east ,for any US readers, or towards the river from the Airport Plaza on the left just past the Esso Station with all the Elephant statues outside it.

We have lived next to CM Land for almost a year and had thought it a Garden Center!

Just ate there tonight, apparently it is noodles at lunch time, restaurant in the evening.

Iain

Ate there today for lunch. Best Khao Soi I've had in CM; also had Papaya salad plus a beer - 200 bt.

I'm looking forward to trying the night menu soon.

PJC